Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Can't be good for that cabinet position possibility...

Gov. Sarah Palin, who is being considered for a cabinet position in the Trump administration -- is raising alarm over president-elect's recently announced deal with Carrier, suggesting in an op-ed it could amount to "crony capitalism."

"When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent," Palin wrote in a 'Young Conservatives' op-ed. "Republicans oppose this, remember? Instead, we support competition on a level playing field, remember? Because we know special interest crony capitalism is one big fail."

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent

I just hope they don't go broke like Solyndra did.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Apparently Palin doesn't understand politics well enough to know various states can do what they need to do, to win or keep companies in their states. But then she did her best to run the oil companies off in Alaska. She sounded very much like Hillary when she did, "take their money and use it for health care." She's clueless about politics and business.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Tax breaks to companies goes on all the time in state politics.

The state of Kentucky bent over backwards with tax breaks and lots more to get Toyota to build its plant in Georgetown Ky.

It was probably one of the best investments any state government has ever made.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sara Palin is clueless about life in general, as for the possibility of a cabinet position can you say wishful thinking. She needs to stay home and take care of her special needs son, he needs his Mom more than the country needs her.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think crony capitalism is when it favors a person or persons inside government. But government taking care of me is cool.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sarah is way off base... deals cut between .gov and businesses have to be made to foster and nurture a relationship good for BOTH entities.

Keep them in the open, simple to understand, and long-term to ensure everyone wins.

She did kill the gas pipeline because she never understood it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I think crony capitalism is when it favors a person or persons inside government. But government taking care of me is cool.

He is a stuttering mumbling idiot off the cuff...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I found it.

Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may be exhibited by favoritism in the distribution of legal permits, government grants, special tax breaks, or other forms of state interventionism.

MOLON LABE

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screw Palin she did more harm than good for the state of Alaska! Why the boys in the lower 48'are enamored with her is beyond me...

Last edited by 79S; 12/02/16.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why the boys in the lower 48'are enamored with her is beyond me...

She might be the mother or sister trump never had?

MOLON LABE

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Palin is too obvious, trying to be relevant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Can't be good for that cabinet position possibility...

Gov. Sarah Palin, who is being considered for a cabinet position in the Trump administration -- is raising alarm over president-elect's recently announced deal with Carrier, suggesting in an op-ed it could amount to "crony capitalism."

"When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent," Palin wrote in a 'Young Conservatives' op-ed. "Republicans oppose this, remember? Instead, we support competition on a level playing field, remember? Because we know special interest crony capitalism is one big fail."

It's possible Trump didn't offer them anything he doesn't plan on offering all businesses.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by watch4bear

He is a stuttering mumbling idiot off the cuff...

..Also on the cuff.. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure I'm getting the picking winners and losers mentality

the only losers here are potentially the stockholders/executives who won't see quite as big a dividend from the profit earned from shifting American jobs to Mexico.

and the Mexicans

if Trump balances that out with tax incentives then it should be a net zero and everyone wins. The state of Indiana should see some, most or more of that tax money back from the tax revenue generated from the payroll given to the those 1,000 workers.

Now if Carrier moves that plant next year after Trump is in office...........

at any rate this doesn't make Carrier a winner or loser, nor its competitors.

However I do agree with the idea that Trump can't create a precedent where every corporation can threaten to leave the U.S. and in return get some sweetheart deal tax package.

In this case, a stick is more appropriate as a policy than a carrot.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/02/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by KFWA

However I do agree with the idea that Trump can't create a precedent where every corporation can threaten to leave the U.S. and in return get some sweetheart deal tax package.

Then lower the corporate tax rate across the board to the lowest rate in industrialized world. Let the states compete for their tax revenue. The government giving a company a so-called sweetheart tax deal to stay put just tells me the were over taxing them to begin with.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't believe Palin is being seriously considered for a cabinet position. Trump isn't that hard up to fill his cabinet with good qualified people. I've always thought that politically, she is way overrated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hugely over-rated. I think she is angling for a CNN job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Apparently Palin doesn't understand politics well enough to know various states can do what they need to do, to win or keep companies in their states. But then she did her best to run the oil companies off in Alaska. She sounded very much like Hillary when she did, "take their money and use it for health care." She's clueless about politics and business.

I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I think you're right.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (Akhutr, beefan, 358wsm, 2500HD, bosshoff, 12 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 739 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,924
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.