Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We'll not soon again see his like.

He sure had stubborn and patient playing on the same channel, didn't he ?

RIP, Doc

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
He is happily at peace with his beloved wife and his loneliness and suffering is over.

AMEN and Praise the Lord.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Ken was a good soul.

Will always remember and appreciate Ken's support to myself and my fellow Marines when we were 'over there'.

It takes a good measure of courage to go through Ken's trial. I believe he endured it with a dignity that is a reflection of his character.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rest in peace, Ken. You were a class act, a scholar, and a gentleman.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Your legacy will be a stinking piece of chit.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it's Christmas, even Travis deserves charity at this time.
And Dr Howell would extend it.
merry Christmas to all.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
RIP

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He is one of three people I know who claimed to actually audibly hear the voice of God. He told me when he was trying to find God he clearly heard the Words, "Read the red letters." He said that changed his life.

He wrote an essay I think should be required reading for every Christian. If anyone wants a copy I will try to email it to them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Although we didn't see eye-to-eye on many things, I respect Ken for his knowledge and fresh air that he brought to the shooting, hunting and literary communities.

RIP Ken.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My relationship with Ken had nothing to do with shooting, guns or the like, I've yet to read an article or magazine he was affiliated with. We came from the same background Welch/Cherokee. We both studied theology at a young age. He became a top tiered theologian and I instead embraced the Holy Spirit. To his frustration, as was the DRs of theology that were my teachers.

He was often concerned that I was being sidetracked by the wrong spirits, lead down the wrong path. I think he came to believe my theological base was strong enough to support my spiritual belief.

We also talked about outdoor experiences, loss of loved ones, the trials of living and the release of death.

He had some great stories, wanted to write a novel, I wish I had the skill to write the story for him. It was a story of a relative, who went into a bank with some fellow workers that ended up robbing the bank and killing a teller, he had to run from the law and was eventually hung.

He wanted to go, I understood, and we shared the reality of it. I wanted him to go as spiritually ready as possible... I wish I had done a better job.

CCCC, Paul and Maddy, were the real base for Ken, they took care of him, it wasn't easy, they are true angels and there isn't the words to express how selfless they were.

Merry Christmas Ken.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by krp
My relationship with Ken had nothing to do with shooting, guns or the like, I've yet to read an article or magazine he was affiliated with. We came from the same background Welch/Cherokee. We both studied theology at a young age. He became a top tiered theologian and I instead embraced the Holy Spirit. To his frustration, as was the DRs of theology that were my teachers.

He was often concerned that I was being sidetracked by the wrong spirits, lead down the wrong path. I think he came to believe my theological base was strong enough to support my spiritual belief.

We also talked about outdoor experiences, loss of loved ones, the trials of living and the release of death.

He had some great stories, wanted to write a novel, I wish I had the skill to write the story for him. It was a story of a relative, who went into a bank with some fellow workers that ended up robbing the bank and killing a teller, he had to run from the law and was eventually hung.

He wanted to go, I understood, and we shared the reality of it. I wanted him to go as spiritually ready as possible... I wish I had done a better job.

CCCC, Paul and Maddy, were the real base for Ken, they took care of him, it wasn't easy, they are true angels and there isn't the words to express how selfless they were.

Merry Christmas Ken.

Kent

Good on you guys for all you did when he needed it.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just coming on line for today....

Glad I saw this Paul... thanks for posting it...

I appreciate the time I got to know and spend with Ken...

Got a few pics of him, even with one of my old army field jackets on to keep himself warm while he was sleeping in his wheelchair.

My brief knowing him, didn't revolve around hunting, shooting or anything else, except a younger guy receiving the wisdom and stories of an elderly gentleman...

and that is exactly what Ken was toward me...

To my Arizona and New Mexico Campfire brothers... Merry Christmas to you and your families....

and a Salute of Respect and a Toast to Ken tonight, for all of him that he selflessly shared with others.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Never talked to the man but always enjoyed his writing. Thanks to those who gave him help when he needed it.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by krp

Merry Christmas Ken.

Kent

Very well done Kent.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Most certainly a wealth of knowledge and experience. There were some rare moments though when he was completely unaccepting of some contrary reasoning.

He has been and will be missed.

1Minute
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There's some damn fine men here, past and present.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have some books Ken gave us, think I'll read one tonite....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken was a close friend, and my little family thought of him as a part of ours. I am thankful to have been able to call him a friend, and shared his company. I wish I could have had more time to spend with him, listened to his stories, picked his brain, helped him more.
He is greatly missed.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with Ken around a campfire, and am disappointed the time was so short.
While I disagreed with him, on occasion, he always shared his knowledgeable perspective - I learned a bit. We sometimes just "agreed to disagree".
My main regret is that I didn't awaken him, as the nurses suggested I should, for a small visit when he was hospitalized the final time - maybe I could have cheered him, somewhat.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
RIP Dr. Howell for I will treasure your book until my passing and only hope that it will be passed on to someone worthy at that time

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 16gage, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 36 invisible), 1,923 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,860
Posts18,497,174
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.