-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the cover of the DVD for the Spielberg movie "Munich", the character is holding a Beretta Model 92 which was not released until several years after the timeframe in which the movie was set.

Now with even more aplomb

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
One of my favorites was in Rambo 2, when he fired the LAW rocket through the broken windshield. 1st, because the back blast would have fried everyone in the rear, and 2nd, because there's no way that LAW would have/could have taken out that Hind. They don't call them "flying tanks" for nothing.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've seen more than one Indian riding a shod horse.

stolen... grin

Beat me to it!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lots of movies with the Germans using later-model American tanks.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The movie version of "M.A.S.H" with the football game with equipment that is very post-Korea era.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by okie
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I've seen more than one Indian riding a shod horse.

stolen... grin

Beat me to it!

Well if you won't take care of your horse you don't deserve to have it.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, at least the Indians weren't so gauche as to wear cowboy hats that they didn't deserve to wear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Chuck Conners was left handed. In some of the episodes he is using the rifle left handed. He is one of few men to play pro baseball and basketball.

[Linked Image]

We wore Chucks Converse All Stars back in the 60s and 70s.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by sackett
I read a quote from Costner about screwing up with the editing on the opening of the gun fight scene where he shots 12 times. The problem comes about because they don't show him switching guns....that part of the edited movie wound up on the floor.

The rest of Open Range is phenomenal.

I can see that. They showed him before the fight with 2 guns. Still my count is 14 shots. smile

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Connors, Conners, Taylor - it's all the same.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
My favorite is any time the move a firearm, it makes a bunch of "racking noise." Pretty funny, albeit annoying.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
On the Breaking Bad episode where Walt buys the Ruger LCR, he spins the cylinder and it clicks like a single action revolver.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by sackett
I read a quote from Costner about screwing up with the editing on the opening of the gun fight scene where he shots 12 times. The problem comes about because they don't show him switching guns....that part of the edited movie wound up on the floor.

The rest of Open Range is phenomenal.

I can see that. They showed him before the fight with 2 guns. Still my count is 14 shots. smile
Costner showed his love of authenticity with his archery in Robin Hood. Every good bowhunter knows you wet down or tear off your fletching for the best accuracy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I can't stand the poor gun handling! Finger always on the trigger, the cop loading a round in the chamber before making entry into a house, gun pointed up next to the actor's face so both are in the frame, and shooting without even the appearance of aiming.

Don't even get me started on ballistics.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Eric Bana in "Blackhawk Down" carried the gun cocked and loaded and he made a point of telling every it was.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Armednfree
My wife is watching this Sylvester Stallone movie Assasins, well I happened to look at the screen at the right moment.

The scene has a guy up in a building going to shoot Stallone with a scoped rifle. There is an ammo carrier on the side of the rifle. This ammo carrier is loaded with shotgun shells.

You would think with all the money they spend on movies they would get the props right.

Of course I did see a movie about the Gold Rush some time back. Placed in the 1849 era they were carrying 1873 Winchesters. That crap ruins movies for me.

Just as Ignorance is NO excuse to Break the Law, stupid is as stupid does.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A couple more that always have me shaking my head is when they throw a perfectly good gun away or angrily throw it at their opponent when it's out of bullets.

The other is picking up guns from dead guys without ever checking to see if it has any bullets left and how many or searching the dead guy for extra loaded magazines.

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm always annoyed when the actor has racked a pump or lever action, then when he encounters the bad guy he does it again to emphasize how serious he is, but no cartridge is ejected.

Dale

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, that's always a good one. Surprised someone hasn't mentioned the old cowboy movies where the cowboy whips the gun forward when he shoots. Bullet goes faster don't ya know. Actually it was probably a carryover from silent pics where you couldn't hear the boom.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,044 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,470
Posts18,508,544
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.