Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
One of the members of our local American Legion was walking his dog past a church at 0600 hrs and three native American youths beat him and left him for dead.
This is making me rethink my J Frame as a CCW. Is 5 shots enough against three attackers?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
GB1

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I'll bet after the first one fell, the others would think better of their plan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem is engaging the first one first. Multiple rounds are great, but having the situational awareness to avoid being incapacitated or incapable of firing even a first round is the most critical step.

In addition to a decent pistol, your friend needs a better dog.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
These creatons need to learn not to phuchk with old white men, five shots are plenty for eliminating two of them on the spot and still be able to liver shoot the last one so he has time to ponder his last mistake.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 4ager
The problem is engaging the first one first. Multiple rounds are great, but having the situational awareness to avoid being incapacitated or incapable of firing even a first round is the most critical step.

In addition to a decent pistol, your friend needs a better dog.

This

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy
These creatons need to learn not to phuchk with old white men, five shots are plenty for eliminating two of them on the spot and still be able to liver shoot the last one so he has time to ponder his last mistake.

Great in theory, Wild Bill....

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Out of curiosity, what does the OP's idiot self-defense/shooting instructor have to say about this? SOB has been wrong consistently.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

One really shouldn't have much trouble placing shots at arms length, I'm pretty good when I can place the muzzle on the target. cool

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Having more rounds is never a bad thing!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
No ones says that you can only carry one gun.

Last edited by jimy; 01/05/17.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whelennut
Is 5 shots enough against three attackers?

That depends on you. How good are you with your gun in stressful, dynamic situations involving moving people? What kind of shape are you in? How good are you in unarmed defense against multiple opponents? How fast do you run?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

One really shouldn't have much trouble placing shots at arms length, I'm pretty good when I can place the muzzle on the target. cool

Again, great in theory, Wild Bill. Those assailants are just going to walk right up, where you can see them, not strike first, and then stand still whilst you shoot them from your fixed, upright position.

Sure...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
At 0600 it was still dark. Perps hiding out in the shadow, attacking from behind, you're not likely to get the first lick in. If it was me, I'd likely be shooting from the fetal position on the ground, while taking some kicks.

I'm obviously making some assumptions.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm betting the blast and fireball from a snubbie would impress the perps, even if you don't hit any of them.

Stupidity is expensive
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One should reasonably assume these individuals are under the influence of some sort of mind altering substances. Personally I wouldn't expect myself to be capable of making three CNS shots out of five on three independent targets after having been jumped.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Again, great in theory, Wild Bill. Those assailants are just going to walk right up, where you can see them, not strike first, and then stand still whilst you shoot them from your fixed, upright position.

Sure...

You might not be able to choose where you are going to fight, but you damn well can be prepared on how to win that fight.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sure...

You might not be able to choose where you are going to fight, but you damn well can be prepared on how to win that fight.

Oh, tell us all about it, Wild Bill!

Tell us how when you are jumped from behind at 0600 by three assailants how you are going to calmly place rounds in each of them at arms reach.

Or, conversely, how your godlike abilities to know the intentions and whereabouts of others will have you shooting them down so fast with your cat like reflexes before they can touch you that all three will be dead before they hit the ground in a blink of an eye and you won't have even had a hair misplaced.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
At 0600 it was still dark. Perps hiding out in the shadow, attacking from behind, you're not likely to get the first lick in. If it was me, I'd likely be shooting from the fetal position on the ground, while taking some kicks.

I'm obviously making some assumptions.

Wild Bill has this covered.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Forget Chuck Norris! I want to be Wild Bill!

Stupidity is expensive
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Forget Chuck Norris! I want to be Wild Bill!

Every does... cool

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 16 invisible), 1,641 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,939
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.