Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've only heard of this because it's somewhat local. I can't find any news reporting it and have just heard pieces from other locals who are seeing posts on FB, which I don't do..Anyway, here is a Gofund me link and the story they have posted on it.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-walker-daugherty

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
shared it on FB

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Roger.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
thanks for the heads-up.

it's good to be doubly sure, and doubly safe nowadays.

we use to camp in the Big Bend of sw Texasas and never gave it a second thought.

at some point Nationality is going to be meaningful, or it isn't.

this country has problems, if Trump & company can't repair it, then it'll be a brand new ball game, soon enough.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
SandBilly: What a sad happening!
Prayers sent.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Funny that not one news story shows up at all about this.

You'd think the media was on the wetback's side of things...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Funny that not one news story shows up at all about this.

You'd think the media was on the wetback's side of things...

They wouldn't want to incite anyone to do anything...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Found this writeup by a friend of mine.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/105428562764060153399/posts/3FoC4MuH8kE?sfc=true

New Mexico Hunting Guide, Client Wounded in Border Ambush
Laura Bryant

1/8/2017

While guiding an aoudad hunt in Presidio county Texas, a New Mexico hunting guide was shot in the abdomen and seriously wounded Friday night after what appears to have been an attempt to kidnap his clients on the Mexico border.
The guide remains in critical condition in a Texas Hospital. His client was also shot in the arm and is expected to recover.
Multiple assailants fired upon an RV parked near a hunting lodge where the party were staying for the hunt. The contracted hunter and his wife were asleep in the in the RV when the attack began. Walker Daugherty 26 of Chloride NM was wounded while attempting to stop the assailants from taking the RV with his clients inside. He was assisted by another guide Michael Bryant; the men were staying inside the lodge with their wives.
Per a family source, everyone was in bed preparing for an early hunt, the guides and cooks inside the house and the clients in the rental RV parked nearby. Walker heard voices outside and went to see what the noises were, he witnessed men with guns attempting to take the RV, he then ran back inside to get help. Walker and Michael armed themselves to defend and protect the client and to attempt to deter the assailants while the hunter attempted to escape in the RV which was being shot at repeatedly. The vehicle is riddled with bullet holes from the attack and suffered other structural damage.
The attack lasted long enough for Walker to run back to the house and get more ammunition, when he was close to the door his sister, saw him get shot and was able to drag him inside the house and away from the gunfire. The women in the lodge were able to get a spotty cell signal and call 911.
The family has been earning a living guiding and outfitting out of the remote ranch for years. The business had experienced several thefts and had been working with the US Border Patrol to apprehend illegal aliens in the area in the past month. The theft events and the attack occurred in the United States.
The attack has the family concerned that the attack was not just an attempt to rob the property. They believe the assailants intended to kill all the party. The attackers were strategically placed around the lodge and the men were fired upon from different areas.
The client’s wife, a nurse was able to help keep Walker from bleeding to death while they waited several hours for a medivac helicopter to take him to El Paso. It took local law enforcement over an hour to get to the remote scene. The family says the men and their wives were grilled about the veracity of their account by Law Enforcement and the assailants got away and likely returned to Mexico. Kidnapping along with drug and human trafficking, has become common along the Mexico border especially if there are reasons to believe that an intended victim is a person of means. The family however are self-employed outfitters earning a living as guides although the clients were likely the intended targets.
Friends have set up a go fund me account to assist with medical expenses and the long recovery process that Walker is expected to endure. He is uninsured.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It sure ain't in the mainstream media, in any form.

http://bigbendnow.com/2017/01/two-men-shot-in-remote-presidio-county/#.WHGdeK9vJ7E.facebook

PRESIDIO COUNTY – Two men were shot at a remote south Presidio County ranch on Friday night, according to the Presidio County Sheriff’s Office.

Walker Daughtry, 26, of New Mexico was flown via helicopter to El Paso for a gunshot to the abdomen. Edwin Roberts, 59, was transported by U.S. Border Patrol EMS to a Presidio EMS ambulance that was waiting in Candelaria, then driven to Presidio Lely Airport and airlifted to El Paso with a gunshot wound to the arm, said Joel Nuñez, chief deputy sheriff, who added that the Presidio County Sheriff’s Office is taking the lead in the investigation.

The event unfolded about 9:30pm Friday when Nuñez was in the remote border community of Ruidosa assisting Presidio EMS with a service call.

He said he received a call from the Circle Doug Ranch west of Candelaria about shots being fired by multiple shooters with two individuals shot and severely injured.

“I was first to arrive to secure the victims inside the ranch house and I requested assistance for shots fired from unknown shooters around the perimeter of the house,” Nuñez said.

The men injured by gunfire were part of a group of six hunters leasing the Circle Doug Ranch, including three males and three females, he said.

The chief deputy sheriff said no arrests have been made at this time, as the sheriff’s office awaits results of “ballistic evidence.”

Responding agencies in order of arrival were the Presidio Police Department, US Border Patrol, Texas Department of Public Safety highway patrol troopers, sheiff’s office deputies from Presidio, Sheriff Danny Dominguez, and Deputy Mitch Garcia of Marfa.

Nuñez praised the cooperation of the various agencies involved in the matter: “This situation exemplifies the support by local, state, and federal agencies. Backup for this situation was efficient and greatly appreciated considering the distance between Presidio and the remote Circle Doug Ranch, approximately 10 miles west of Candelaria by a rocky, mountainous dirt road. An estimated 45 minutes was an excellent response time.”

He added, “Coordination by all agencies resulted in a well-executed extraction of the victims. Native Air Ambulance landed a helicopter on the ranch by the house for extraction of the more severe injury.”

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the added info, RB. It would be news worthy if it were illegals that were shot, American citizens are apparently not..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I never travel in that country, whether it's our ranch or elsewhere without at least one AR15 and at least 500 rounds of ammo.

No Country for Old Men.

People just don't realize until they have been there.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It sounds like a good place for long range practice...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I like the part about the clients and guides being grilled about the veracity of the account. Too bad they didn't have some warning and be able to fight back. If they did hit any of the illegals, it probably will not be known as they will take the wounded or body with them.

There WILL be a mark for another hit on this bunch, (my opinion)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope those guides have full auto ARs next time

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Jessie, this happen in our hunting country?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Presidio County by Candalaria

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Jessie, this happen in our hunting country?

Looks like it was south of Van Horn.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The sheriff in Presidio County was arrested years ago for smuggling drugs himself...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just Google mapped it Barry, Candelaria looks like an end of road place with one way in and out? Never been in that specific country...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GregW
Just Google mapped it Barry, Candelaria looks like an end of road place with one way in and out? Never been in that specific country...

I try not to... grin

Been in the vicinity a few times.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 160user, 3333vl, 65 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,461
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.