Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I had an exciting morning,so I take my 8 year old Rottweiler to the vet to have them look at a toe/claw that he injured. I told them that his feet are very sensitive, he never likes me messing with them and although he's never bit me doing so that he's expressed his dislike in me touching them in his own way. Well add to that foot phobia that he has an injury and I clearly told them it would be in their best interest to muzzle him. Well we aren't in the examining room 3 friggin minutes and a young tech kneels down and reaches for his bad paw. He grabbed her arm so quick there was nothing I could do. I was floored, the little girl was wailing in pain ( he got her really good) they dragged her out of the room real quick and I'm left standing there like WTF were you thinking. They immediately started panicking about Rabies and I'm like you guys take care of him , he got his shots last July. What a Phhucked way to start the day!

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Sorry to hear this but you did warn them and they didn't heed your warning..
Now, I'll bet they'll listen to you next time..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't had a dog nail anyone in the vet's office yet, but we had a big Manx cat that absolutely shredded a vet's assistance. The cat latched on with his teeth, and commenced to working on the guy's arm with his back claws. The assistance finally managed to sling the cat off, but not before the exam room took on the appearance of a scene from a slasher film.

Last edited by Beoceorl; 01/17/17.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Haven't had a dog nail anyone in the vet's office yet, but we had a big Manx cat that absolutely shredded a vet's assistance. The cat latched on with his teeth, and commenced to working on the guy's arm with his back claws. The assistance finally managed to sling the cat off, but not before the exam room took on the appearance of a scene from a slasher film.

Having seen a cat do a similar routine, I am laughing my azz off. laugh

Filthy little fuggers are always good for an infection or two afterwards.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I had an exciting morning,so I take my 8 year old Rottweiler to the vet to have them look at a toe/claw that he injured. I told them that his feet are very sensitive, he never likes me messing with them and although he's never bit me doing so that he's expressed his dislike in me touching them in his own way. Well add to that foot phobia that he has an injury and I clearly told them it would be in their best interest to muzzle him. Well we aren't in the examining room 3 friggin minutes and a young tech kneels down and reaches for his bad paw. He grabbed her arm so quick there was nothing I could do. I was floored, the little girl was wailing in pain ( he got her really good) they dragged her out of the room real quick and I'm left standing there like WTF were you thinking. They immediately started panicking about Rabies and I'm like you guys take care of him , he got his shots last July. What a Phhucked way to start the day!

I'd show up with the dog muzzled next time.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Had this happen to a friend of mine - slammed his arm on the table, breaking the cats neck.. he hated his MIL's cat anyway..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our chessie was the sweetest dog we've ever had. Turns out he was not a fan of rectal thermometers. I don't recall if he did any real damage, but yes he did nip a vet when the thermometer got shoved up his ass. Also on subsequent visits he made it clear that he wasn't about to have the procedure repeated. After that they wouldn't allow him in their kennels as they said he was an aggressive dog.

Animal "experts" can be fooking stupid.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Having seen a cat do a similar routine, I am laughing my azz off. laugh

Filthy little fuggers are always good for an infection or two afterwards.

I had to take the cat we have now to the vet last week. He got into a tussle with a neighbor's cat, and managed to get bitten in the face. Our cat ended up with an abscess half again as big a as a golf ball. The vet actually treated him with an antibiotic developed especially for cat bites.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When I was a kid, we had a collie/german shepard cross that would take almost anybody but family.
He got the vet - and on subsequent visits, Doc Hawk would hand my dad the muzzle and tell him "You put it on him, then I'll look at him".

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I worked with a girl who ended up in the hospital after a cat bite to her hand. Her bone, or marrow, maybe both? got infected.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Cat bites can be bad, some nasty, mean bugs in a cat's mouth.

Early, aggressive treatment is very important, even critical in some cases, as MadMooner pointed out.

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No one has said it yet but you should notify your insurance company. Don't concern yourself with whose fault it is just give the circumstances to your insurers and let them deal with it if necessary.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I wouldn't be saying schit to my insurance company.

That's her employer and her employer's problem. People in that profession get bit. Period.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Took my old heeler in one time to have her paw sown up, cow had stepped on it and tore the skin off her toe.

Anyway the vet muzzled her first. My daughter was pretty young at the time and asked the vet what it was for. The vet explained and my daughter still confused looked up at the vet and said "she doesn't bite."

That dog would have died to protect my daughter and would never have hurt her so in her young mind the dog wouldn't bite.

I thought the vet was being smart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never had a dog nail the vet, had one old cat years ago that was a mellow, lovable guy at home, and a complete wildcat at the vet. Don't think he ever nailed anyone, but when he got sick it was tough to treat him.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub

It is considered a potential rabies exposure when any mammal bites a person. I work at a local health department and these bites are required to be reported to us and then we have to investigate. I am not sure how Texas does it, but in Virginia we have to make a visit to your house to see that you can confine the dog for 10 days and then come back on the 10th day to make sure your dog is still in good health. We also verify the rabies vaccination status of the dog. We do this because vaccines are not 100% effective and rabies is nearly 100% fatal.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My little Bull Mastiff barked in the Vets ears when she trimmed his nail a little close to the quick. Skeered the chitt out of her. I think he is non grata there anymore

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by barm

It is considered a potential rabies exposure when any mammal bites a person. I work at a local health department and these bites are required to be reported to us and then we have to investigate. I am not sure how Texas does it, but in Virginia we have to make a visit to your house to see that you can confine the dog for 10 days and then come back on the 10th day to make sure your dog is still in good health. We also verify the rabies vaccination status of the dog. We do this because vaccines are not 100% effective and rabies is nearly 100% fatal.

That's exactly what they did. They had the tech evaluated at the hospital, nothing broken, just puncture marks. City was notified, he's on home quarantine for 10 days and then I have to take him back to be visually evaluated on the 10th day. Crappy situation all the way around. Plan is dope him up and then bring him after the 10 days for treatment and he gets a bad dog sticker on his file.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They should have listened to you and put a muzzle on him, they're 100% at fault.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
had a three legged Pharaoh Hound that nailed a LA county Deputy Sheriff one time. he came to take a assault report from my daughter. swung at the dog as it went by him with his note pad and she nailed him. funny thing is he went to my wifes pharmacy for his drugs after. he was from a different station and one of his co workers called me to take a report.
after the usual details i asked if the victim had told them the dog only had three leg's?
he had his end on speaker i guess because i heard the squad erupt in laughter. never heard any more after the required monitoring period.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

330 members (1lesfox, 160user, 2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 2,001 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,026
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.