Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Time for a hostile takeover. Not like he doesn't have the money. The asshat is teetering with treason right there.

CNN’s president has fired a warning shot at Donald Trump
By Callum Borchers January 19

Don't mess with CNN.

That's the unvarnished version of a message that the network's president, Jeff Zucker, delivered to President-elect Donald Trump in an interview published on Thursday by New York magazine.

"One of the things I think this administration hasn’t figured out yet is that there’s only one television network that is seen in Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran and Damascus — and that’s CNN," Zucker said. "The perception of Donald Trump in capitals around the world is shaped, in many ways, by CNN. Continuing to have an adversarial relationship with that network is a mistake."

Media relations experts — or, really, anyone with an ounce of common sense — would probably agree that Trump doesn't help his coverage by attacking CNN and its journalists. Reporters, anchors and producers are human, after all, and being called "terrible" or "fake news" or "wannabe journalist" can't possibly make anyone more sympathetic.

But journalists are called to try as hard as humanly possible to compartmentalize all that stuff and continue to cover Trump fairly. Revenge is not in the job description.

Zucker's warning that it would be a "mistake" for Trump to keep bashing CNN seems to suggest that the network's coverage might change if the president-elect doesn't knock it off. Consider the reverse: If coverage on CNN could not be affected by Trump's behavior toward it, why would more insulting rhetoric be a mistake? Trump would have nothing to lose.

Thus, it is hard to escape the perception that Zucker issued a kind of threat. He also seemed to engage in a bit of trolling when he said this: "It’s just unfortunate that the most powerful person in the world is trying to delegitimize journalism and an organization that plays such a vital role in our democracy. I think he’s entitled to his opinion, but it’s — to use one of his favorite words — sad."

Zucker, let's remember, knows Trump well. He used to be president of NBCUniversal and is the one who put Trump's reality TV show, "The Apprentice," on the air. He told New York magazine that he still talks to Trump about once a month.

So, Zucker might know what he's doing here. He might know exactly the right blend of strength and poking and logic that will resonate with the incoming president.

Yet he also played into Trump's effort to frame news outlets like CNN as entities that pretend to report information as it really is but actually report information in a certain way because they feel a certain way about him or his party or his supporters. The next time CNN airs a critical story about Trump, he can wave it off and say the network is just butt-hurt.

And it will be harder for CNN to rebut the charge because Zucker did warn that continuing to be "adversarial" would be a mistake.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...m=.ececdcac9bda

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
CNN thinks they are the State Department.....lol.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
That link is stale. Wonder if they deleted it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He "warns" the president?

THAT ought to be entertaining...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Soooo, they admit they report opinion and not the news.....Good move.

CNN is going to lose this battle.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"One of the things I think this administration hasn’t figured out yet is that there’s only one television network that is seen in Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran and Damascus — and that’s CNN," Zucker said. "The perception of Donald Trump in capitals around the world is shaped, in many ways, by CNN. Continuing to have an adversarial relationship with that network is a mistake."

Like CNN paints a picture of Trump that is anything but negative in the first place?

GMAFB.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump will double down on Zucker. Rush talked about this today.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So he's threatening to be more biased than they are now?

What Sucker, sorry, Zucker doesn't realize is that the choir isn't going to listen to his preaching any harder, and those who give no credibility to the network's objectiveness - that would be most of the people who voted for Trump in the first place - will only see this as one more piece of evidence that TV news in general and CNN in particular are nothing but liars with an agenda, drunk on the fantasm of their own power.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"The perception of Donald Trump in capitals around the world is shaped, in many ways, by CNN. Continuing to have an adversarial relationship with that network is a mistake."

So he's warning that he and CNN can deliberately alter the world's perception of the President? Well, well, well.

It seems to me that the statement is an outright admission that CNN is neither fair nor balanced - and therefore not journalism at all. That being the case, Trump now has every reason to have no relationship with CNN at all. In other words, remove their press accreditation.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Biggly

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Trump now has the Justice Dept and AG at his disposal...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They should hire Rosie, Madonna and Ashley Judd as anchors...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
CNN will continue to flounder in obscurity. What a pathetic organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Biggly

For sure. CNN is playing poker, but with far less than a full deck. I really don't think they've grasped that the liberal slander tactics of the past several decades against the GOP doesn't work with Trump. In fact, it strengthens his resolve.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't really see what strategic interests of this nation are served by Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran and Damascus getting daily news from our capital.
....don't really CARE if they know much about what goes on there, either.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Max_Velocity

"One of the things I think this administration hasn’t figured out yet is that there’s only one television network that is seen in Beijing, Moscow, Seoul, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Baghdad, Tehran and Damascus — and that’s CNN," Zucker said.

The leaders of all of those countries already know that the American media is propaganda.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
That sounds like they are threatning to damage the econonic and foreign policy of our country. That in my opinion is bordering on terrorism.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Sounds like extortion to me. Ain't that agin the law?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Sounds like extortion to me. Ain't that agin the law?

I'm thinking if they keep on lying and trying to undermine the United States of America they just might loose their press accreditation.

Then they can get their news from other news agencies.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
He "warns" the president?

THAT ought to be entertaining...

Agree... It will be even more entertaining when Trump pulls an Obamma on them and "executive orders" their broadcast license away...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,266 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,575
Posts18,510,821
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.