Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
I have seen several AR's with promised accuracy that couldn't deliver and if I were the owner of said rifle I'd be chapped , especially when a premium price was paid for it. This group is from a Palmetto State Armory sporting a Burris 3-9 Scope with no accuracy guarantee , 10 shots of factory Hornady 55 gr vmax, if only I hadn't pulled the one.

[Linked Image]

Did you call it high and a hair left, out at 11?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope

Upper is a stainless 18", fluted and chambered in 223 Wylde 1/7. It shoots bug holes! Set me back a whole $380 shipping included.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Jeff that's that IMI M193, it's good hot ammo and gives acceptable groups for what it is. The gun is a Colt pencil barrel that I cut down the gas block and free floated.

I rarely shoot it off the bench but I'm gonna pay better attention to it. I was basically checking zero differences between the M193 and my hand loads. Same point of aim!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR

But it was an awesome day where all the planets aligned... I started off shooting a coyote square in the mouth as he was barking at my decoy/caller. Then I shot another one on the run at about 275 yards. The range trip was just a good ending to a great morning.

You DID have a good day............

That IMI 193 stuff has been pretty good for me too & I see the price looks to be down a little as of last week.

The IMI 77 gr (SMK) OTM stuff has been good too, for factory ammo.

MM

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Bro..that accuracy gaurantee is only for their model 6. It's a 24" heavy bastid but they do what they claim. 1/8 ER Shaw barrels on the 6 btw..
My brother and I both shot one in the black rifle challenge..
After shooting mine and my brothers 5 friends have made the move
This was the two tens with 75's and those flyers were all me..
[Linked Image]
A buddy's group with 52 amax
[Linked Image]
I see they also sell the upper only for about 6 bills. Pretty good deal!

At the risk of beating a dead horse, it's a great deal. If you order the upper from petear15sales.com he will get you a better price

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nope

Upper is a stainless 18", fluted and chambered in 223 Wylde 1/7. It shoots bug holes! Set me back a whole $380 shipping included.

If you didn't call it out, then its a non shooter induced flyer that will show again. My point was if you didn't call it out, then its an indicator of actual full group size, not just a fluke...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Nope

If you didn't call it out, then its a non shooter induced flyer that will show again. My point was if you didn't call it out, then its an indicator of actual full group size, not just a fluke...

Good point..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Folks are quick to call a shot out of what they think should be the group, a flyer.

And it is. But is it related to a poor shot RE form or such, or is it just out of the small group, but something that will continue to happen?

I still have a custom bolt gun that shoots flyers, The gun shoots them. So in reality they are part of the group. And I know that. The gun is not nearly as accurate because of it, but many of the shots go into one large hole, but there is always a flyer in there. Usually 1 out of 3 or 4 shots. Aggravating but its reality.

We tend to think of ourselves as perfect.... LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So your AR15 shoots nice, tight little groups.

Until you touch off the last round in the magazine...

That change is something not many people click to.

Speaking of flyers, that is. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have not seen the last round in the mag be an issue on our guns. I do know for some reason both the first and last can be in some guns, must be harmonics of an unstable barrel metal IMHO.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
1st shot out is often due to poor bolt fit in the barrel extension. Too much fore-aft clearance.

Last edited by BarryC; 01/28/17.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Then first shot should be that way in slow fire then to every shot?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like most first round "flyers," I think it's a shooter issue. The only thing I could imagine truly effecting the first round would be the method in which it was loaded. Even this is rarely an issue though unless you have less than sufficient neck tension and rounds from the mag have bullets slipping.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
if you have less than good neck tension its going to be tghat way on every round out of the mag, IMHO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And if that neck tension is variable, that will equal flyers.........

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Folks are quick to call a shot out of what they think should be the group, a flyer.

And it is. But is it related to a poor shot RE form or such, or is it just out of the small group, but something that will continue to happen?

I still have a custom bolt gun that shoots flyers, The gun shoots them. So in reality they are part of the group. And I know that. The gun is not nearly as accurate because of it, but many of the shots go into one large hole, but there is always a flyer in there. Usually 1 out of 3 or 4 shots. Aggravating but its reality.

We tend to think of ourselves as perfect.... LOL

I'm not perfect. I get those one shot flyers with my 10-22!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

It's frustrating to say the least.. sick

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
top left had more flyers than one. OR it was just a larger group with zero flyers... LOL

Need to keep notes and learn which shot is typically the one thats out....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
top left had more flyers than one. OR it was just a larger group with zero flyers... LOL

Need to keep notes and learn which shot is typically the one thats out....

I agree buddy. I was testing different ammo in that rifle. The ammo that grouped poorly was the most expensive chit I've used in it. The rifle is kind of a finicky bastid, I'm glad I found a couple types of ammo it likes. I'm pretty sure the flyer was me, but it's been so long that I shot those groups I can't remember calling the shot or not...

BSA MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This is an AR forum. Nobody gives two fugks about your 22LR.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
My RR Predator Pursuit 20" averages 1" or slightly under(5 shots). With an indoor range(or perfect conditions), higher magnification scope, and possibly a better shooter, the 3/4" group claim should be easily met, probably bettered.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12savage, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 2,123 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,912
Posts18,479,552
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.