-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Walking around with $7500 worth of junk just to look for a stinkin' deer?!

For me it's elk.

I always maintain, that wonderful All-Natural, Organic, Grass Fed, Non-GMO, Hormone Free Meat is the most expensive on the planet!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I love the list Sam!...Mine looks very similar, but maybe the best hunter I know buy's almost all his hunting gear at Wally World.....lol......Hb

I could sell my crap, "re-outfit" myself from Walmart and not want for much....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Serious hunter? All I can tell you is the few times I've been talked into to playing golf I've spent the day thinking "If only I was carrying a rifle instead of this damned golf bag this would be worthwhile."
Eat, sleep, shoot stuff, repeat.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
16bore,

That's a fun argument. smile

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're a serious hunter you have to have a strong social media game. Facebook alone isn't enough and Instagram is a must. You need to be proficient with hashtags and use phrases like "liveforit" and "keephammering" a lot. You need to be able to listen to rap music, wear true religion jeans and flat brimmed hats and a Mohawk or some kind of hair coloring helps to set you apart and let people know that you're "more serious" than the rest. You don't really need to kill anything and you can kill small animals and then hashtag stuff like "organic" and "feedthefamily" because that kind of stuff is important. Don't forget to jump right into shed hunting. Only serious hunters brave waist deep snow when animals are at their most vulnerable to go try to find a dropped antler

Last edited by huntsonora; 01/26/17.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Awesome....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora
If you're a serious hunter you have to have a strong social media game. Facebook alone isn't enough and Instagram is a must. You need to be proficient with hashtags and use phrases like "liveforit" and "keephammering" a lot. You need to be able to listen to rap music, wear true religion jeans and flat brimmed hats and a Mohawk or some kind of hair coloring helps to set you apart and let people know that you're "more serious" than the rest. You don't really need to kill anything and you can kill small animals and then hashtag stuff like "organic" and "feedthefamily" because that kind of stuff is important. Don't forget to jump right into shed hunting. Only serious hunters brave waist deep snow when animals are at their most vulnerable to go try to find a dropped antler

A-phuqqing-men.

Don't forget the energy drink and the antlers-on-my-back-vast-landscape-selfie. You know, the far away Marlbo man look. Then throw in the chicks and their shrink it and pink it camo.

And don't forget to shave your balls before the season starts.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G

[Linked Image]

Even this Texican knows a serious hunter when he hunts with one!

[Linked Image]

no snow,

[Linked Image]

but, I'd drive another thousand miles tomorrow to do it again...........

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/26/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Bob from NH nailed it for me..

Molon Labe
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore

Don't forget the energy drink and the antlers-on-my-back-vast-landscape-selfie. You know, the far away Marlbo man look.

Still working on that one!

[Linked Image]

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I almost chit my pants laughing when I read 16Bore wrote "dont forget to shave your balls before season".........Lmfao!!!.......Hb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I forgot to add that you can absolutely tell how serious one is by the number of stickers on the persons vehicle. The more stickers they have the more serious they are but that goes without saying. You cannot be considered serious unless you are a member of a "pro staff". Some of you guys might think that the pro stands for promotional but you're WRONG! The Pro stands for professional and don't you guys forget that! Some serious hunters also take supplements like Mtn Ops and they automatically qualify as "professional athletes" now. The list is long my friends, you boys just thought y'all were serious.....

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
What is a serious hunter? Looking at the threads I guess you could say this escalated quickly (without the usual photo). Seriously I would like to think ~30% of the readers here on the fire fit that category, the rest are here to learn, some actually convey knowledge.......then you have the final group that you fit into the category of dicks.

Last edited by lynntelk; 01/26/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore

A-phuqqing-men.

Don't forget the energy drink and the antlers-on-my-back-vast-landscape-selfie. You know, the far away Marlbo man look. Then throw in the chicks and their shrink it and pink it camo.

And don't forget to shave your balls before the season starts.

#LMAO

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure what is considered a "serious" hunter, but I once knew this guy, we'll call him Jim. He came from Idaho, along with other folks from all over 24hourcampfire to hunt elk in Oregon.
He hunted as hard as anyone in camp but about the third day it snowed so darned hard we all had to adjourn to camp for a while as hunting was just out of the question. Like most guys in camp that year, when we weren't hunting we were talking about hunting. I think it was about 5 degrees out that day and we were huddled under my trailer awning talking hunting and generally trying not to get completely covered up in snow.( I think 2 feet fell that day and the wind blew hard enough to break the tops out of big pine trees)

So, this fella Jim is so engrossed in talking hunting and telling stories that he didn't even notice that the heater had set his brand new wool hunting pants on fire -while he was wearing them. Well, we got the fire put out and he went right back to telling stories and BS'ng just like nothing ever happened.

Sounds like a serious hunter to me........ wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
some serious hunters on the eve of opening day!

[Linked Image]

getting ready for the evening festivities

The guy with the crown had just been insatlled as the "puzzy phaggot" for that year.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/26/17.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well Sam Olson, I paid $10,500 for 2 rifles once, about I975 or thereabout.
A "Jefferson" (custom?) .270 built on a M98 action. Nice wood, tack driver. And a factory standard 700 in .243. Never shot all that good. But adequate.

I did get 4 plus (depends on river level) acres of land, boat and motor, buncha hand and power tools, two chain saws, and a half built cabin with stove, bed, bookshelf, and cooking gear in it thrown in for free.... smile

Coincidently enough, both rifles are here in Kotzebue with me, tho the 98 has a different barrel and scope on it now, and the .243 has a self built custom replacement stock currently undergoing minor surgery after 37 years of hard hunting.

Those are my expensive ones1. smile

Last edited by las; 01/26/17.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gentlemen,
When I used the phrase "serious hunter" I was thinking of someone who spends more time and money planning and going hunting than spending time and money amassing lots of rifles.

One really good hunting rifle chambered for the right cartridge will do most everything. I always chuckle at the guys who are building 375's and bigger for hunts they will never make. I suspect this is the case with guys who have a rifle in every bore size. It is a fine hobby to be rifle accumulators and assemblers but I haven't met any who do both.

Once I looked in my safe and counted parts for 26 builds. I sold everything and started going. That said, I still fool around with rifles but never have more than 3 or 4. One goes before I get another. Right now I have 2 hunting rifles.

I had a 7 RM, one of Echols Legend models. It was reliable and well built. No drama. I let a guy have it who wanted one. Shouldn't have sold it.

I had less in it than the fellas who have 5 or more safe queens. And it got taken everywhere.

Last edited by RinB; 01/26/17.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Your thoughts, our bow season starts the first weekend in October. Our rifle season ends the first Sunday in January. IIRC, either I was in transit to and from my lease or "afield" forty days during that period (approx 90 days). Would that be considered serious???

GWB

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 2500HD, 222ND, 1OntarioJim, 257Bob, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,935
Posts18,479,992
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.