Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by gitem_12
so what would you do hunting pheasants in a crop or crp field

Depends what I was using. pump could go either way, Double, by fat my first choice would most likely be hot. However, I there is a slim to no chance I will ever pheasant hunt or bird hunt of any kind.

I no longer even own a suitable shotgun and have no plans to get one.

The point is if I'm in the woods of field, aside from toting stuff to a duck blind I'm hunting. I could see a cold chamber on a sheep or mountain goat hunt but I've jumped too.many deer while walking in thick stuff, and in close 15 years of hunting I've never seen an negligent discharge from a guy carrying a deer rifle hot

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A couple of years ago not to far from where I sit and write this a woman had a ND and killed her son.

Hunting different kinds of train call for different choices. I will carry my 1911 hot for concealed carry, my new model Blackhawk with six while in the woods, and my rifle cold when deer and elk hunting while walking around in rough terrain. I may miss a shot nut and empty chamber will not kill anyone.

Also put into consideration you my friend are younger and do not suffer the same physical problems I do.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a cold chamber, there is 0% chance of killing someone with an ND. I like those odds.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
With a cold chamber, there is 0% chance of killing someone with an ND. I like those odds.

so you carry your ccw cold?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Again, apples and oranges.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

so you carry your ccw cold?

Sweet Jesus.

Minimalism chances whenever you can. That's what smart folks do.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I think what we are hopefully getting at here is; we are all grown men, living, hunting, working etc in different circumstances, different experiences, & different comfort levels and we should all use our own judgement as to when & where to carry a firearm hot. Absolutes just don't fit every situation. There's no need to be so judgemental about a personal preference. It's great to point out the pros and cons, but, ultimately, it's a personal decision. We should just respect that.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/27/17.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Depends what I was using. pump could go either way, Double, by fat my first choice would most likely be hot. However, I there is a slim to no chance I will ever pheasant hunt or bird hunt of any kind.

The point is if I'm in the woods of field, aside from toting stuff to a duck blind I'm hunting. I could see a cold chamber on a sheep or mountain goat hunt but I've jumped too.many deer while walking in thick stuff, and in close 15 years of hunting I've never seen an negligent discharge from a guy carrying a deer rifle hot

Do you own a house? Have you ever had a house burned down? Do you have insurance?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I think what we are hopefully getting at here is; we are all grown men, living, hunting, working etc in different circumstances, different experiences, & different comfort levels and we should all use our own judgement as to when & where to carry a firearm hot. Absolutes just don't fit every situation. There's no need to be so judgemental about a personal preference. It's great to point out the pros and cons, but, ultimately, it's a personal decision. We should just respect that.

I respect that fact that I recognize that you are a fu*king liberal, Yankee idiot.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Do you own a house? Have you ever had a house burned down? Do you have insurance?

That's apples and ornages. hunting with an unloaded gun is just stupid.

again do you grouse hunt with an empty chamber?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no. I guess it's a subconscious warm and friendly...I still prefer Da guns though.

I see nothing wrong with dat.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Where I live I can kill grouse with a stick or a shot shell from my 45 Colt.

I am not trying to convince you nor am I saying you are wrong. These are just my opinions and they work for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
A friend of mine in college was a fellow gun loony. Odd thing about this guy was that he carried double action revolvers sans one round under the hammer. I always thought that bizarre. When I asked him why, he said it was for safety. This was back in the early 1980s. Made no sense to me then or now.
Roll the clock back many decades and it wasn't uncommon to find people with that mindset. People who weren't gun people mistaking a necessary procedure for a SA revolver and applying it to a DA revolver.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
East meets West or some such thing. I'm sure there is an interesting story behind the origin of this divide. Where I'm from, NWPA, everyone hunts hot.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
They are out there and unfortunately reproduce.
Hey, I resemble that remark!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Nope, ever single grouse I've killed I had to chamber a round prior to.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kingston
East meets West or some such thing. I'm sure there is an interesting story behind the origin of this divide. Where I'm from, NWPA, everyone hunts hot.

And that makes sense. 1 million guys on 57 acres of state land with a 9 day season....

I ain't saying don't chamber one, but I ain't got much desire to more around too much with one in the chamber.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

And that makes sense. 1 million guys on 57 acres of state land with a 9 day season....

I ain't saying don't chamber one, but I ain't got much desire to more around too much with one in the chamber.

You need to buy a new almanac.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Ruffed Grouse...

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 41rem, 4 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.