GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Steelhead
East meets West or some such thing. I'm sure there is an interesting story behind the origin of this divide. Where I'm from, NWPA, everyone hunts hot.

And that makes sense. 1 million guys on 57 acres of state land with a 9 day season....

I ain't saying don't chamber one, but I ain't got much desire to more around too much with one in the chamber.

You need to buy a new almanac.

I do know there are a LOT of guys chasing the same nickel in a very short season.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I hunt with a hot chamber. unless crossing a stream,fence,crawling on all fours,a situation that you're not in control of your firearm, Then I unload my firearm.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ruffed Grouse

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
roughed Ruffed Grouse

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Blue of course

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ruffed Grouse are the kind that fly away when you come to kill them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
To all those guys who are afraid to walk around with a loaded gun I have the following advice: Spit out your gum! smirk

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I do not believe I use the word afraid anywhere.

So, it your opinion should a hunter who has daily bouts of almost blinding vertigo and who hunts in heavy brush country with vines and loose rock everywhere use a safety when he hunts with a live round chambered?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Both barrels were loaded.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dumbest arse comparison I've ever seen. Chambering a round while hunting and carrying a chambered handgun for defense; the two are like night & day; they two are opposite sides of different books. And yet the hard headed of this forum see it as an issue to argue about...brilliant.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Scot F, Betcha she didn't have a safety or it was not on.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Remington 700. She took off the safety and it shot her son after going through her horse trailer. Lots of blame all around but a cold chamber would have just caused a "OH CRAP" moment not a dead child. Proper muzzle control would have been a life saver too.

When I first read Steelhead's thoughts I thought he was crazy but I sat down and thought about it and realized his points are valid. I have taken a shot when I did not have time to chamber a round. I changed the way hunt.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F
Remington 700. She took off the safety and it shot her son after going through her horse trailer. Lots of blame all around but a cold chamber would have just caused a "OH CRAP" moment not a dead child. Proper muzzle control would have been a life saver too.

When I first read Steelhead's thoughts I thought he was crazy but I sat down and thought about it and realized his points are valid. I have taken a shot when I did not have time to chamber a round. I changed the way hunt.

If she'd been holding a broom............

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by cooper57m
To all those guys who are afraid to walk around with a loaded gun I have the following advice: Spit out your gum! smirk

Says the gal that's askeered of 30 round magazines.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott F

If she'd been holding a broom............
grin

I have a 700 and I have replaced trigger but I. Will never trust it. Cold chamber may cost me a deer but I will sleep well.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Someone like you that askeered of shooting themselves or someone else with a rifle while walking around in the woods, certainly shouldn't be trusted with a rifle with a 30 round magazine. Give a moron like you a 30 round magazine and you might just be able to hit someone. It's best that a klutz like you be limited to just 5 rounds.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Someone like you that askeered of shooting themselves or someone else with a rifle while walking around in the woods, certainly shouldn't be trusted with a rifle with a 30 round magazine. Give a moron like you a 30 round magazine and you might just be able to hit someone. It's best that a klutz like you be limited to just 5 rounds.

You are proving to be full of crap.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Full of crap?? Why? Steelie by his own admission doesn't trust himself to walk around with a loaded hunting rifle because he perceives himself to be a danger to himself and others. Why should someone like that be trusted with a semi-auto with a 30 round capacity? He certainly shouldn't be trusted to have a handgun (and certainly not one without a manual safety) with a round in the chamber.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/28/17.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Full of crap?? Why? Steelie by his own admission doesn't trust himself to walk around with a loaded hunting rifle because he perceives himself to be a danger to himself and others. Why should someone like that be trusted with a semi-auto with a 30 round capacity? He certainly shouldn't be trusted to have a handgun (and certainly not one without a manual safety) with a round in the chamber.

Practicing safety such as a cold chamber when moving and hunting then equating that to magazine capacity is idiotic to say the least.

Last edited by jwp475; 01/28/17.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1234, 219DW, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 50 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,316
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.