-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People are pretty quick to call someone they don't know a liar. Nice shooting Leonten. Glad some of them are getting mounted, couple had great spots.

For a moment I thought I was on some kind of anti hunting site. Talk about some pussies.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
A very common trait of people is that of thinking if they havent seen or done it, it hasnt been seen or done.

Unfortunately, truthful folks are often quite gullible and are often easily taken advantage of.
OTOH, a trait of the untruthful is they often feel others share their shortcoming and perceive others as untruthful, often to the point of destroying relationships and thus suffering by thus ultimately paying for their own failing.

For certain there are many rare and unusual occurrences that many never report to others to prevent ridicule from peers.

Whoever digs a pit will fall into it; if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them. Proverbs 26:27

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/02/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
A very common trait of people is that of thinking if they havent seen or done it, it hasnt been seen or done. . . .

^ ^ ^ this^ ^ ^
these days folks are so dependent on trail cameras that they
believe that if it hasn't shown up on camera that it's not
there. some were doubting that there were'nt any
mt. lions/pumas/panthers in east Texas until they'd seen
them or lost pets to them. i've seen 3 on my place, and
one of the neighbors had some dogs dragged off screaming.
most all the neighbors on the f.m. have seen one.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Very interesting, Ranger. Yes, for years many sightings near Corrigan had been denied. About 15 years ago an aquaintance shot and bloodied one on a place i hunt. Coondogs would not take up the trail. This past season a woman gut shot one and ovarys were found in the blood trail. Neither cat was ever found.

The first cat was shot by a really good woodsman who was hunting squirrels in Piney Creek bottom with a 22.

He snuck up on a bunch of hogs he had heard and saw a ml stalking them. Lord only knows why he head shot it. I would have gone for the bulls eye-right behind the shoulder.

Where are you located iima.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/02/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
the newest neighbor didn't believe there were any there
until he got one on his trail cam. he couldn't figure
where all the deer had gone. i told him when the pigs
show up, the cats follow and the deer haul butt to where
they feel safe. after the pigs and cats go elsewhere the
deer filter back in. SE Anderson cty adjacent to the
Neches bottoms. the TPWD won't say it, but they're there.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ranger99
good deal.
5 fawn and calf killers gone.
now maybe you can take out a
coyote a day

LOL< I've yet to loose a fawn to a cat... we harvest a few now and then if there get to be to many... and the hides are saleable. Damn sure never would loose a flipping calf to a cat... just ain't gonna happen here... 100 pound calf and mean momma won't let a 30 pound max cat win....

Coyotes too, I can't tell for certain after last years major flooding events if i lost a few fawns to water or yotes but before that, we had not lost a fawn to a yote in a LONG time that I can recall.

Other areas YMMV.

Love to watch both cats and yotes hunt. They are fun to watch.

Shooting animals for a reason is not a bad thing though. Shooting em to shoot em is. IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
good deal.
coyote a day

LOL< I've yet to loose a fawn to a cat... we harvest a few now and then if there get to be to many... and the hides are saleable. Damn sure never would loose a flipping calf to a cat... just ain't gonna happen here... 100 pound calf and mean momma won't let a 30 pound max cat win....

Coyotes too, I can't tell for certain after last years major flooding events if i lost a few fawns to water or yotes but before that, we had not lost a fawn to a yote in a LONG time that I can recall.

Other areas YMMV.

Shooting animals for a reason is not a bad thing though. Shooting em to shoot em is. IMHO.

One day I'll learn to keep my mouth shut... grin

But here goes... whistle

These bobcats are fruits of liberal game management in California. Or, non-management, I should say.

Populations get out of control and animals in suburban areas get conditioned to humans. That is obviously what these cats are.

Someone noticed cats in the neighborhood and went and got tags and cam home and shot them.

They were not called in a hunting stand scenario. They were shot in the back yard as they were seen numerous times. A female and her 3 kittens. They were too stupid to even run off after the first one was shot.

The following day the male bobcat was shot under the same circumstances. No hunting. No calling. Just shot in the yard as the live photo shows by the OP.

They were not depredating when shot. They were just shot.

So, forgive me if I don't hand out medals of honor for shooting human conditioned bobcats in an urban environment.

They probably needed to be shot to control the populace of cats within that human conditioned environment... And probably killing a few things they wouldn't be otherwise.

But, lets call it what it is.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You just move to Kalifornia?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 30338
People are pretty quick to call someone they don't know a liar.

And some people like to put words in others' mouths.
Never once did I use the word "liar". What I said was "I'm highly skeptical. I'm skeptical of 90% of what I read on the internet. Anyone with even half a brain is.

Cats (and Coyotes) don't do a tenth of the chit they get blamed for but as far as Cats killing Deer.....It's about as rare as killing four Bobcats at one time but it can happen. I'm "skeptical" when I hear about that too though.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
May get a little dizzy watching.... opps, j-tx beat me to it.

Last edited by JCMCUBIC; 02/02/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How is shooting a mess of bobcats that are being a menace any different than shooting a sow and some piglets off a corn feeder, or popping off a bucket full of newly emerged ground-squirrel pups?

I'm surprised at some folks.

I guess it's because bobcats are cute and cuddly and they've watched too much Disney.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BOYCOTT BOBCATS!

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never had a 100 pound calf. Mean momas yes. 100 pound calf no.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
100 pound calves ain't common, but we don't have cats big enough down here, to tackle any calf basically.

YMMV depends on where you are at and relative size of things I guess.

Coyotes around here are only about 30 pounds. Females 20ish range. Biggest male I've ever seen AND shot was 51 pounds. That one was HUGE. Still not big enough to damage stuff. Wild dogs are MUCH worse on animals. MUCH MUCH MUCH worse.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by rost495
good deal.
coyote a day

Other areas YMMV.

One day I'll learn to keep my mouth shut... grin

But here goes... whistle

These bobcats are fruits of liberal game management in California. Or, non-management, I should say.

Populations get out of control and animals in suburban areas get conditioned to humans. That is obviously what these cats are.

Someone noticed cats in the neighborhood and went and got tags and cam home and shot them.

They were not called in a hunting stand scenario. They were shot in the back yard as they were seen numerous times. A female and her 3 kittens. They were too stupid to even run off after the first one was shot.

The following day the male bobcat was shot under the same circumstances. No hunting. No calling. Just shot in the yard as the live photo shows by the OP.

They were not depredating when shot. They were just shot.

So, forgive me if I don't hand out medals of honor for shooting human conditioned bobcats in an urban environment.

They probably needed to be shot to control the populace of cats within that human conditioned environment... And probably killing a few things they wouldn't be otherwise.

But, lets call it what it is.
Geezus, with all the unsporting, non-hunting shyt you Texicans do to kill deer and hogs and still call it "hunting" you've got some nerve putting someone else down for shooting anything, for any reason, any way they can. You and rost495 are some pathetic, full of shyt pieces of work, that's for sure.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 74 invisible), 2,018 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,629
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.