Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by TXRam
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by mathman
I'm not sure of your definition of tiny groups for a lightweight sporting rifle. With an appropriate target I maintain a quality scope of 9x will show pretty much all of what such a platform can reliably and repeatedly produce.

Riiiiight. Lightweight has nothing to do with the ability of shooting tiny groups. Sure not everyone can do it, but it can be done. Look up the Cooper M92, same tiny groups as the rest of the Cooper line. Using a 9X scope trying to gauge accuracy, is like cutting trees down with a butter knife trying to gauge cutting speed. Bad idea...

You just don't know how then... sorry.
Apparently not. I prefer to use the right tool for the job.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by qwk
I'm not sure of your definition of tiny groups for a lightweight sporting rifle. With an appropriate target I maintain a quality scope of 9x will show pretty much all of what such a platform can reliably and repeatedly produce.

Riiiiight. Lightweight has nothing to do with the ability of shooting tiny groups. Sure not everyone can do it, but it can be done. Look up the Cooper M92, same tiny groups as the rest of the Cooper line. Using a 9X scope trying to gauge accuracy, is like cutting trees down with a butter knife trying to gauge cutting speed. Bad idea...

Just because you can't shoot for chit, doesn't mean the rest of us are like that... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I agree...
Now I see how so many Montanas here are labeled as shiiit shooters. Common sense isn't so common here.....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image][/URL]

Here's my Kimber.

If you reload, there's no such thing as an obsolete cartridge.

Once you render an opinion, you open yourself up to criticism.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image][/URL]

Here's my Kimber.

If you reload, there's no such thing as an obsolete cartridge.

Once you render an opinion, you open yourself up to criticism.
IC B2

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by qwk

Just because you can't shoot for chit, doesn't mean the rest of us are like that... wink
Please post your .1 or better group using a 9X scope. After reading this site for a few years, I thought stick was too harsh on some here, but after posting and getting some of the above replies, it's clear he was being way too nice.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Exactly. The Kimber may require some work to be perfected as it comes from the factory, but if a total newby to bedding like me can get it right the first try, then it's well worth the price of admission. It's not like it's the only factory rifle that requires a little work.

I guess it's just expected that you need to change the trigger, barrel, stock, and bed a model 700, so no one complains. After all the model 700 costs so much less.LOL Why does no one count the full cost plus parts and complain about that?

this is the first 100 yard group I shot after bedding my POS Kimber. Factory Accubonds no less.
[Linked Image]

second group
[Linked Image]

Tikka Superlite, 7mm-08 140 Partition handloads.

[Linked Image]

120 Ballistic Tips

[Linked Image]

Rifle prep included inserting the bolt and mounting the scope.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
1/2 pound heavier . . . 1/2 ton uglier wink

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Exactly. The Kimber may require some work to be perfected as it comes from the factory, but if a total newby to bedding like me can get it right the first try, then it's well worth the price of admission. It's not like it's the only factory rifle that requires a little work.

I guess it's just expected that you need to change the trigger, barrel, stock, and bed a model 700, so no one complains. After all the model 700 costs so much less.LOL Why does no one count the full cost plus parts and complain about that?

this is the first 100 yard group I shot after bedding my POS Kimber. Factory Accubonds no less.
[Linked Image]

second group
[Linked Image]

Tikka Superlite, 7mm-08 140 Partition handloads.

[Linked Image]

120 Ballistic Tips

[Linked Image]

Rifle prep included inserting the bolt and mounting the scope.

P

The problem with a Tikka is at the end of the day, it's still a pos tikka that looks like it's made by Mattel....

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Leonten
[Linked Image][/URL]

Here's my Kimber.

Beautiful rifle Leonten!

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Are you referring to those three shot Cooper groups fired indoors at 50 yards? Big deal.

Last edited by mathman; 02/03/17.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by qwk

Please post your .1 or better group using a 9X scope. After reading this site for a few years, I thought stick was too harsh on some here, but after posting and getting some of the above replies, it's clear he was being way too nice.

If you can reliably and repeatedly shoot that Kimber "in the ones" for five shot groups with any magnification you choose you need to take that rifle on tour and clean up at some benchrest matches.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by qwk

If you can reliably and repeatedly shoot that Kimber "in the ones" for five shot groups with any magnification you choose you need to take that rifle on tour and clean up at some benchrest matches.

I didn't think you were this stupid, but I guess I was wrong. A pencil thin barrel isn't winning any matches. No shooting event is going to wait for you while your barrel cools. Furthermore, Cooper does shoot their targets at 50 yards, but it really doesn't matter. I would bet money that a dumbass like yourself cannot duplicate their target at 5 yards. Have you ever shot a rifle? Your posts make it sound like you might have not. It looks like you spend your life posting nonsense on here instead of taking that time to actually be pulling the trigger.

Last edited by qwk; 02/03/17.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The person posting nonsense is the one thinking he shot a .1" group with a lightweight Kimber because he used a 25x scope. It's hard to believe you've done very much shooting if you believe that group is anything other than a fluke.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It isn't hard to kill deer inside of 200 yards - the test for most American hunters with a rife shooter combination that shoots 2.5" groups. When you hunt with guys who grew up shooting and are over 40 you take for granted that guys can shoot. Youngsters now are more worried about tacticool items than basic fundamentals of pulling a trigger, and there is so much more cool stuff it is easy to get distracted.

We have 2 new younger elk hunters this year and I have to take a turn on their rifles if I want to see if the reloads in their 30-06's are capable of good accuracy. My 12 year old grandson shoots more consistent groups. I got the TC Venture to shoot a 1" group at 225 yards but right now the young man can't take advantage of a 1" accuracy guarantee, getting better but not enough trigger time yet. I'm thinking the Remington CDL may need some tweaking to shoot well.

I'd love to give a Kimber a try but I'd be more likely to buy the 2 Tikkas since these days Rifles are more like tools for me than sentimental objects,

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The Montana i had in 30.06 wouldn't do better than 1 1/2" for three shors at 100 yrds. I tried 5 different kinds of factory ammo. Maybe handloads would have worked but sine i no longer handload that was moot. I went back to a Ruger Compact in 308. It may be a pound or so heavier but it shoots under an inch wich factory ammo.

Last edited by rahtreelimbs; 02/04/17.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by rahtreelimbs
The Montana i had in 30.06 wouldn't do better than 1 1/2" for three shors at 100 yrds. I tried 5 different kinds of factory ammo. Maybe handloads would have worked but sine i no longer handload that was moot. I went back to a Ruger Compact in 308. It may be a pound or so heavier but it shoots under an inch wich factory ammo.

Well sheeit, just get yourself a 25x scope and start cutting some tiny groups!

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

Yeah that's why all competitive shooters use a cheap leupy 3x9 from Walmart. You must be a libtard.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by qwk

Yeah that's why all competitive shooters use a cheap leupy 3x9 from Walmart. You must be a libtard.

You're proof that obtuse isn't just for angles.

If you weren't so dense you would understand that a lightweight Kimber sporter isn't precise enough to demonstrate the aiming superiority of high magnification scopes the way a purpose built competition rifle can.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
1/2 pound heavier . . . 1/2 ton uglier wink

Not near as pretty as the Montana, but she shoots.

Changed the primer in the 120 BT load

[Linked Image]

And half a pound? Take a pee before you leave the truck.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10ring1, 160user, 12savage, 53 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,299
Posts18,505,349
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.