Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
And half a pound? Take a pee before you leave the truck.

P

For a backpack hunter, 1/2 pound is huge.

Surprised to hear that you pee in your truck. I always leave my truck first. wink

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I wouldn't be surprised if Mathman may have shot more rifles than you have groups. As Stick says you should be doing more reading than giving advice.

Last edited by battue; 02/04/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by battue

I wouldn't be surprised if Mathman may have shot more rifles than you have groups. As Stick says you should be doing more reading than giving advice.
What advice have I given? It's pretty obvious to anybody past 1st grade that better magnification shrinks groups significantly. If one disagrees with that, they are either retarded, or argue just for the sake of arguing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by battue

What advice have I given? It's pretty obvious to anybody past 1st grade that better magnification shrinks groups significantly. If one disagrees with that, they are either retarded, or argue just for the sake of arguing.

Originally Posted by mathman

If you weren't so dense you would understand that a lightweight Kimber sporter isn't precise enough to demonstrate the aiming superiority of high magnification scopes the way a purpose built competition rifle can.

Read it again..

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just for giggles....

Here's a three shot group at 100 from a Kimber Montana 223. I posted it years ago here, but can't remember if it was a fixed 6x or a 2.5-8. Didn't duplicate it, but I did it once!

[Linked Image]

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can't have you giggling and I'm not. grin

Leupold 1.5-5. Last three down for the final Deer Season tune-up. Best of three, but a bunches of extra xxxx's wouldn't have significantly changed anything.

[Linked Image]

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Your comprehension skills are nonexistent. I simply stated why in my opinion most Kimber accuracy stories are probably due to idiot shooters, and shared my Kimber story Mathman and a few others likely confirmed my theory.

I never said to go out and buy 25x glass. But throwing a cheap 9X leupy in order to test the guns accuracy is just idiotic. Just for kicks, I threw on a vx3 10x scope one of my rifles today, and at 100 yards the crosshairs are bigger than the 1/4 inch bullseye. How in the fuuuck are you supposed to hit in the same spot multiple times, when you cannot even see the bullseye? The scope is fine for big game at short to medium distances, but that's about it. Apparently mathman is too facking cheap to buy a decent scope, so he has no idea what the difference really is.

Anyway, there is no point of arguing this further for me. If some of you would actually spend some time trying this [bleep], instead of typing tens of thousands of posts, you would actually know something....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Or maybe, just maybe -- some of us shoot a bunch and have tried it all. And maybe some of us know what we're talking about.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Use a different target dumbass!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
6x42 fine duplex.

[Linked Image]

3x with 2.5min dot.

[Linked Image]

6x

[Linked Image]

Read it:

[Linked Image]

6x-good chance a post and duplex.
read it.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You're proof that obtuse isn't just for angles.

I kinda like this.

In a nerdy way.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
PS- There are NO rifles comparable to the Kimber Montana.

None. Zero. Nada.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Or maybe, just maybe -- some of us shoot a bunch and have know it all. And maybe some of us know what we're talking about.
fixed it for ya

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by qwk
Your comprehension skills are nonexistent. I simply stated why in my opinion most Kimber accuracy stories are probably due to idiot shooters, and shared my Kimber story Mathman and a few others likely confirmed my theory.

I never said to go out and buy 25x glass. But throwing a cheap 9X leupy in order to test the guns accuracy is just idiotic. Just for kicks, I threw on a vx3 10x scope one of my rifles today, and at 100 yards the crosshairs are bigger than the 1/4 inch bullseye. How in the fuuuck are you supposed to hit in the same spot multiple times, when you cannot even see the bullseye? The scope is fine for big game at short to medium distances, but that's about it. Apparently mathman is too facking cheap to buy a decent scope, so he has no idea what the difference really is.

Anyway, there is no point of arguing this further for me. If some of you would actually spend some time trying this [bleep], instead of typing tens of thousands of posts, you would actually know something....

That problem is easily avoided by choosing an appropriate target, which I do and was mentioned in an earlier post.

To demonstrate this point to a friend a while back I mounted a Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 (actual top magnification 3.9x) on a Remington 40X chambered in 308 Winchester. The aim point of the targets I used was a large + symbol with the line thicknesses scaled to match well with the reticle at 300 yards. Using a box of factory Hornady 168 grain match ammo I sat down and shot a set of groups averaging below half moa.

As to knowing the difference with using a "decent" higher magnification scope, I suppose I might have done a bit better with my Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x40LR, my VX-III 6.5-20x40LR, my VX-3 6.5-20x40LR, my VX-6 3-18x44, my Swarovski 4-16x50 PV, my Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44, or another I'm forgetting. However that wasn't the point of the exercise at the time.

Last edited by mathman; 02/05/17. Reason: corrected a statement
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by TXRam

Yep.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by qwk

That problem is easily avoided by choosing an appropriate target, which I do and was mentioned in an earlier post.

To demonstrate this point to a friend a while back I mounted a Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 (actual top magnification 3.9x) on a Remington 40X chambered in 308 Winchester. The aim point of the targets I used was a large + symbol with the line thicknesses scaled to match well with the reticle at 300 yards. Using a box of factory Hornady 168 grain match ammo I sat down and shot a set of groups averaging below half moa.

As to knowing the difference with using a "decent" higher magnification scope, I suppose I might have done a bit better with my Leupold VX-III 4.5-14x40LR, my VX-III 6.5-20x40LR, my VX-3 6.5-20x40LR, my VX-6 3-18x44, my Swarovski 4-16x50 PV, my Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44, or another I'm forgetting. However that wasn't the point of the exercise at the time.
So you argued this big time, and now you are admitting that magnification does make a difference? Gotta love flip floppers....

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by TXRam
Doesnt make a bit of difference. This is should be apparent after you think about it a bit....

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Or maybe, just maybe -- some of us shoot a bunch and have tried it all. And maybe some of us know what we're talking about.
BTW, I'll be at the Cooper one shot in Hamilton this July. You bring your low power scope, and some cash. You game? Run your rifle not your mouth.....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by qwk
Originally Posted by qwk

So you argued this big time, and now you are admitting that magnification does make a difference? Gotta love flip floppers....

God you are dense.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by qwk
BTW, I'll be at the Cooper one shot in Hamilton this July. You bring your low power scope, and some cash. You game? Run your rifle not your mouth.....

Ho Lee [bleep], I'm rolling here. One shot at 150, closest to the X. You're going to a Turkey shoot for rifles. What a hoooot 😳

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (5sdad, Akhutr, 673, 7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,866
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.