Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ummm okay...

The controversial Super Bowl commercial for 84 Lumber about a migrant family crossing the border into the U.S. was not meant to be “pro-immigration” or a political statement at all, the company’s CEO Maggie Hardy Magerko tells PEOPLE.

Hardy Magerko, who took over ownership of her family’s $2.86 billion company in 1992, says she is a staunch supporter of President Donald Trump and believes that a border wall – which featured prominently in the TV spot – “is a need.”

“We need to keep America safe,” the 51-year-old executive tells PEOPLE. “America needs to be safe so you and I can have the liberty to talk… The wall, I think it represents, to me, security. I like security.”

Hardy Magerko says she personally helped develop the commercial and its striking imagery, but her personal beliefs don’t play into the commercial.

“This came from the heart and I didn’t do it for personal gain,” she says. “It’s not about me or my beliefs or the wall, it’s about individuals… treating people with dignity and respect.”

She adds: “My intent was to show, through the mother and daughter, that through struggles we will do anything we possibly can to make a better place for our children. If I thought the wall was negative, I wouldn’t have had the wall.”

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sounds like she got a bunch of emails. Now she thinks that somehow she just happened to have immigrants in her commercials but it had nothing to do with her political views? Tell her we ain't that stupid. The damage to her brand has already been done.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I actually believe her and thnk the reason for the ad was free press/marketing and several hundred+ jobs they need filled. In fact, I'm almost convinced Budweiser did the same. How many times have you heard the name Budweiser in the past few weeks? A TON!!

If the old adage that there's no such thing as bad press then both accomplished their goals!! This very well could be reverse selling.

As for 84 the employment URL is right on the same page as both ads. Also, read up on who her Dad who left her the company.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Sounds like she got a bunch of emails. Now she thinks that somehow she just happened to have immigrants in her commercials but it had nothing to do with her political views? Tell her we ain't that stupid. The damage to her brand has already been done.

^^^This^^^

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somthin ain't jivin Hardy.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Somthin ain't jivin Hardy.

Correct. Something ain't adding up.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bullchit!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
84 Lumber's boss bout ta get 86'd.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
All aboard the FailBoat...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I sent them this: Superbowl. Commercial. You will never have my business. laugh

Sounds fishy and I don't give a damn. Illegal is illegal. Get them out and keep 'em out.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
I actually believe her and thnk the reason for the ad was free press/marketing and several hundred+ jobs they need filled. In fact, I'm almost convinced Budweiser did the same. How many times have you heard the name Budweiser in the past few weeks? A TON!!

If the old adage that there's no such thing as bad press then both accomplished their goals!! This very well could be reverse selling.

As for 84 the employment URL is right on the same page as both ads. Also, read up on who her Dad who left her the company.

Or she could just be a lying bitch with a line of self serving crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by byc

Or she could just be a lying bitch with a line of self serving crap.

You mean she's a typical CEO?

wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sometimes CEO should be spelled CYA...cover yo' azz.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I heard something on the radio driving in yesterday about the commercial saying it was intended to be pro-wall/pro-legal immigration. When I originally saw the commercial I couldn't really get what they were trying to say....I couldn't tell if it was pro/anti anything.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
certainly wasn't presented to the public as being pro-wall before the backlash

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
screw her and her stupid company.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
She needs to fire the Marketing Manager and hold a public flogging. That is the only way this is not going to bite her in the ass.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
BullCHIT, that bitch is seeing her bonus and stock holdings tank, fu-k her.

a liberal can reverse course faster than any french tank.

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
BullCHIT, that bitch is seeing her bonus and stock holdings tank, fu-k her.

a liberal can reverse course faster than any french tank.

Yup, fuqk her.

"French tank" thats some funny schit bro! LMAO

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You bet Mag, one forward and six reverses. grin

Trump Won!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 79S, 21 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,481
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.