Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Woke up in the surf, under a pier at Nags Head one fine morning, and some kids were poking me with sticks to see if I was still alive.

Bacardi 151 was the culprit.

You can set that stuff on fire, why would you drink it! laugh

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
"So I walk down the street into the dark and empty town square, my friends and other bar patrons form a half circle around me...

Holding the owl low in front of me I called out "BEEEE FREEEEEEE!" and threw it up into the air with all my might.....

The owl spread its wings. Well it would have spread its wings but all it had was these little arms because someone had pulled all its wing feathers out. It flapped them madly as it tumbled end over end in an arc about like a football. It hit the ground and bounced."

IM CRYING, BirdWatcher.... The visual matched to your words are hilarious!!!

BEE FREEEEEE!, *bonk*. * bonk* * ba-bonk*

Bahahaha...still laffin.

Last edited by WillARights; 02/06/17.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't me and my proof is I'm not in prison but...

On my 2nd ship in the Navy, worked with a guy who was the worst drunk I've ever seen. We were in Roosevelt Roads Puerto Rico, he got schitfaced and stole a friggin tug boat in the harbor. He drove it around the harbor for about an hour at around 0200 and tried to bring it back alongside the pier but overshot and collapsed a few pilings. Of course he had no one to tie off the lines to the pier so he jumped over to the pier where one of the shore patrol guys were waiting with a harbor master employee. They got into a fight and the guy bit off half the harbor master's ear, Mike Tyson style.

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 02/06/17.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Years ago I had a supervisor who, while I wouldn't call him a drunk could put away a serious amount of booze.
One summer he took a vacation to Hawaii where his son was serving the military.
When he returned, I understand they had to pretty near pour him off the plane. As long as I knew him after that he never took another drink.
From what I got in bits and pieces, he and his son got in trouble in the islands, something to do with drinking, and a stolen half track on the beach. I'd love to know the entire story.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Does anybody remembers the Riviera Club in Old Town San Juan PR? The long flight of stairs right across street from the docks?

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I never drink nothin stronger than pop.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Still think the best "got so drunk" story is EvilTwin's.

Y'all get him to tell ya about his flight to 'Nam.

Quite a bit different than most. An Army SNAFU set this up. Orders were completely screwed and the Gov't wasn't paying to send me to 'Nam. oooo, there we were,600 men in formation in a huge hanger and a PSG (E-7)reading out names and flights numbers. "IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHOSE NAME I HAVEN'T CALLED??!!" Dead silence. I raised my hand. NAME and serial number?!!!!! I sounded off. Leafs through pages,drops clipboard and his jaw dropped. "YOU ARE PAYING FOR YOUR OWN TICKET TO VIETNAM?? Yes Sergeant. 599 sets of eyes bore down on me so fast I could hear the eyeballs squeak in the sockets. Now for those of you who made the trip, you know that the aircraft Captain went on P.A. and told us "NO BODY WHOSE FLIGHT IS PAID FOR BY THE GOV'T CAN PURCHASE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. OTHER DRINKS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOU!" I pointed out to the stewardess that I bought my own ticket. She checked and I could and did by booze. I had LOT of friends on that flight and needless to say I got quite smashed. The army never did pay me back, but since they gave me such a wonderful vacation in an exotic place with interesting people to kill, I forgave them. grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Heres a knee slapper.Its about when a drunk driver killed my Niece hit and run and did not remember it the next day.Nothing like a good drunk story to make you smile.

Last edited by Huntz; 02/06/17.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buddies bachelor party. I remember the stripper walking in the door, but nothing after that. The next day I fought my way thru a blinding headache to stagger into the bathroom. That was when I noticed the scratches all over my chest, shoulders, and back. On Monday I asked a co-worker who was there, "what the hell happened?" He just lit up and said"You don't remember?"

The next weekend at the wedding, guys kept coming up to me and asking if I was OK, then laughing and telling me I was the hit of the night, but nobody will tell me why.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I swear I don't know how we survived

Come to think of it not all of us did

Some wild times

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
In college the every other weekend Beer Blast.. All you could drive for a $1.00 entry plus a band playing, got busted by the cops for getting "out of hand"....

So I was with a group of guys already tanked, who went into Boston because the night was young....

Next morning I woke up in bed with an English Exchange Student, stark naked.. so one can put two and two together...

I didn't remember ever getting there, and neither did she...

She was damned good looking also...and a great body...

She asked me to give her a ride home and I told her I didn't have a car....

Then I asked her if this was her room as it wasn't mine...

She said no....and it wasn't mine...no one else was around...

So we got dressed and went outside to find out where we were...

We noticed all the cars had New Hampshire License Plates...

I went to college south west of Boston in Milton Mass...
She went to school in Rhode Island...

We were in New Hampshire with no idea how we got there...

We walked out to the road, to get out bearings and to start hitch hiking home or find a bus station...

At the front of the college welcoming you to their location, was a wall, and on it.. it said Welcome to Gordon Seminary...

Like everyone, in those days I have more than a couple of war stories... but that one had to be the funniest...

Oh and that English exchange student... she and I dated until she had to go back to England...we corresponded for several years afterwards... Mary Miller from Newcastle....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I got so drunk one night Foster Brooks was taking notes.

That'd be a good candidate for the National Liar's Contest.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I was so drunk one night when I was 18 years old that I have not been drunk since.... laugh

True fact, btw.

The exact same here.

Same awakening for me...........after I woke up from the first & last Quaalude I ever took.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Next morning I woke up in bed with an English Exchange Student, stark naked.. so one can put two and two together...

Not many of these stories end up like that.

Everybody likes a happy ending, sorry you missed it grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Not many of these stories end up like that.

Everybody likes a happy ending, sorry you missed it grin

evidently you didn't read the entire post...

we dated until she went home to Newcastle...and that night was repeated quite often.. but those times, sober and intentional..

it had a real happy ending overall...sorry she had to go home..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Guys sitting in a joint drinking lots of beer when one of em has to go to the crapper. Gone quite a while and then let out a warwhoop. Pretty soon another on. Third time bar tender decided to see what's going on. Finds the drunk sitting on a mop bucket. What's a matter with you, asks bar keep. Well, I took a crap and now every time I try to flush the stool it grabs me by the balls.

Ivan, that one knocked me over laughing! I am on my way to Tonto Basin and I am taking that one with me. I will credit you with the joke, for those that didn't see it here. We will miss you this year, friend.

Milo, I hereby appoint you as " Keeper of the Joke." I think I have known that one for at least 60 years so I'm handing it over to you now.
Enjoy Tonto! We are sitting at +8 with about 2-3 feet of snow hanging on.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bahahaha...still laffin.

Yer welcome.

OK, this one is mildly humorous, but probably the most different drunk I ever had.

1981, late Dry Season (March??), 2 1/2 months after the Rawlings coup.

Cocoa was/is Ghana's chief export, the source of their foreign exchange. At that time most of the cocoa production was in the hands of small farmers, every village had its cocoa bean drying racks. For decades prior rampant corruption had been degrading the ability of the country to even pay themselves ie. get the crop to the ports. The end of the dry season was when the sacks of the fragrant, chocolate-smelling seeds had to be out, longer than that and they'd rot.

So, March of '83, thanks to a degraded infrastructure and the chaos after the coup there was a huge backlog of cocoa about to go rotten in sheds all over Ghana. In response Rawlings announces an emergency cocoa evacuation exercise, commandeers every truck and lorry in the country, and presses the youth into service.

So out of the blue (we hadn't heard), one day a big semi truck rolls up to our school with armed soldiers on it, and they load up as many as they could fit of our 300 or so students. The truck was heading from my village of Bompata to Juaso, about fifteen miles away, and the roadhead for a bunch of back-country villages.

Transportation was always difficult, so that anything with wheels and a motor could serve as a taxi. Me and another (Ghanaian) teacher were concerned so we started walking out down the dirt road in the direction of Juaso, hopping on the first transport available when it passed. We lucked out and got to Juaso within the hour.

From what I seen, the main transportation for the public in back-country Africa ain't a truck or bus, its an agricultural tractor pulling a flatbed trailer, that combination can about go anywhere. On this occasion is was a big ol' East German Fortschritt tractor pulling about a 20ft (??) flatbed, said flatbed loaded up with our students who were all sitting crosslegged on the bed.

The soldiers, festooned with weaponry (more for looks, nobody was shooting at anybody much by then) were surprised and bemused when the Obruni (me) wanted to come along. They did insist that I ride up front with the driver. There was no cab, I rode sitting on the right side fender, feet braced on the towing hitch apparatus.

There's a thing in Ghana called "Obruni privilege", this is the almost compulsive hospitality offered to White strangers. You always get moved to the front of the line, offered stuff for free. Nothing negatively "racist" about it, this was Africa, for them "Black" ain't an issue, nor is slavery, mostly it was genuine curiosity and interest.

On this occasion, as we rolled along, a soldier gave me a big bunch of bananas. Again, no double entendre here, bananas were abundant and a staple, he was just feeding me lunch to take along with me is all. We took off at a pretty fast clip

This was the dry season, and in no time at all I look back at my students and they were all completely covered in a thick layer of red dust, just their eyes blinking grin So here I am, sitting comfortably eating bananas, and they are all bumping uncomfortably along on the hard deck of the trailer, covered in dust. Naturally I smiled and waved, and figured out that if I tossed the peels up into the slipstream just right, the peels would land on them (I dunno, maybe you had to be there). Of course, in reality I ate only a few and tossed the rest to them.

So we get to the first village, a truck is waiting there, and a big pile of cocoa sacks in a shed. A standard cocoa sack was a British hundredweight (112lbs). Like most male volunteers in backwoods Africa I was skinny as a rail by that point at 5'7" and 130 pounds (by contrast, most women volunteers gain weight) but I could pick up a hundredweight sack and throw it over my shoulder without too much difficulty (I'd about kill myself trying to do that today).

I get on line with all the rest and start hauling cocoa sacks the short distance to the truck. My students ain't amazed, the know what Mr. Mike is like, but the soldiers were. See, all most Ghanaians saw of White folks were wealthy older businessmen zipping by in Mercedes, or doctors and other aid workers staying in carefully sequestered lodgings. They don't think we can work.

What they drink in the forest zone of West Africa is palm wine, n'sa fu ("white water"), the fermented sap of the oil palm tree. You knock it over, let it sit for about two weeks, then tap the abundant watery sap. Comes fresh out of the forest every day, and its actually pretty good. You drink it out of a calabash (a bowl made from the shell of a gourd), each taking a turn with the same calabash.

Drinking palm wine is how you relax in rural West Africa, every afternoon in the shade of a tree, its the daily social ritual, what guys do when they get home from working the farm plot. No women, women did drink of course but not in public.

The soldiers insisted that I come and "take palms" with them. So we are all sitting in a circle on low stools around a big clay pot filled with palm wine, emptying the calabash and passing it to the next guy to get refilled. Me, the skinny Peace Corps guy, and them in a collection of ragged uniforms, 7.65 British FNAL's or Sten guns (??) hanging off of their shoulders, the occasional guy with a Hi Power on his belt.

Palm wine is about as strong as beer so in a casual round you get a buzz but ain't flat out drunk. The soldiers are asking me questions about all sorts of things, not often getting to sit around and drink with Americans.

We move along to the next village and the process repeats itself, no sooner do I haul a couple of cocoa sacks alongside the students than I'm sitting around with the soldiers again drinking palm wine.

The Major running the show had commandeered a Chevy pickup from somewhere, it gets a flat (left rear). He ain't about to change it himself. Many Africans are skilled shade tree mechanics (they have to be, given what they drive), but there weren't any of those among the soldiers standing around. Not that they wouldn't have managed it eventually, but they didn't know right off where everything was nor had they ever changed a tire before, I did and I had.

So I hop off of the tractor and switch out the wheel in no time. The soldiers were even more impressed grin

Long story short.... by the end of the day I was near falling over drunk, so were the soldiers... and as me and the students are piling into a truck for the long trip back to the school the major gives me his Brit swagger stick as a gift.

Hey, I was just doing my part to win "hearts and minds" grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I never was a hippie
smokin them LSD cigarettes.
I never shot one drop of Coca Cola
or whatcha call it, Marahootchie....

Robert E. Lee
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 8 invisible), 1,884 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.