G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Creationists prove Darwin was right.

mike r

most of us don't know anything but what we've been told. hopefully what we've been told is true & correct. that's our only prayer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
It had to start somehow.

What's wrong with Creationism as the genesis (pun intended) and evolution as the mechanism of change? That's my belief, anyway.

That's the way I look at it as well.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
back in the day, i always thought the space aliens/extraterrestials located us here.

ok, but then the question is begged, how did the space aliens come to be?? are we removed yet one more step from god? lol.

folks, this game is never ending. just follow the hindu viewpoints and you'll see.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Northman
Creationism.. Explain it to any other educated human, on any other continent and you will be laughed straight out the room!

Sounds like last November when it was said that educated people wouldn't vote for Trump.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by MojoHand
"Teachers should have the freedom to investigate and teach evidence-based science, including strengths and weaknesses of scientific theories, in order to instill scientific critical thinking skills in their students," Swanson said in a press release

Automatically disqualifies creationism in any of its guises....

You're showing ignorance here. Creationists and Evolutionist use the same scientific facts. It is a matter of world view that tells the scientists what to make of the evidence.

Consider Dr. Jason Lisle. He has a Ph.D in astrophysics. While working for the US government he made some original discoveries in the sun. I heard him in a lecture say, "Evolution is a superstition with zero evidence." No reasonable person would doubt his credentials as a scientist.

You're showing your bullscheit.

Darwin came up with the theory of evolution by observation. Since then science has consistently and constantly added to the body of evidence which is how science works.

Creationism starts out with a presupposed, unverifiable belief based on ancient superstition and ignorance and goes hunting for facts to try to cram in their model.

Your claims and obfuscations are hilarious, to put it politely. Tell you what, when you and the rest of the God squad find a dinosaur roaming the Amazon we can talk further....

In the meantime, go back to quoting Hovind and Ham.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"Teachers should have the freedom to investigate and teach evidence-based science, including strengths and weaknesses of scientific theories, in order to instill scientific critical thinking skills in their students," Swanson said in a press release

You're showing ignorance here. Creationists and Evolutionist use the same scientific facts. It is a matter of world view that tells the scientists what to make of the evidence.

Consider Dr. Jason Lisle. He has a Ph.D in astrophysics. While working for the US government he made some original discoveries in the sun. I heard him in a lecture say, "Evolution is a superstition with zero evidence." No reasonable person would doubt his credentials as a scientist.

Darwin came up with the theory of evolution by observation. Since then science has consistently and constantly added to the body of evidence which is how science works.

Creationism starts out with a presupposed, unverifiable belief based on ancient superstition and ignorance and goes hunting for facts to try to cram in their model.

Your claims and obfuscations are hilarious, to put it politely. Tell you what, when you and the rest of the God squad find a dinosaur roaming the Amazon we can talk further....

You're showing your world view. You start with the idea Darwin came up with a new theory based on observation. The theory of evolution is at least 2,000 years old. You are using your brain washing instead of historical facts.

Can you name any of the scientists who brought us out of the dark ages who didn't believe in creation? No one would say they weren't extremely qualified scientists. Well, no reasonable person anyway.

If someone caught a living dinosaur and brought it to the United States you would not change you opinion. There were a number of evolutionists who did see the mokilimomembe (spelling is subject) in what used to be called the Congo. It was a sauropod dinosaur. One of the evolutionists said something like, "It appears the environment here has not changed in seventy million years."

No amount of information will convince someone who does not care about the truth.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What are you afraid of? The evidence? Afraid to let kids see the best evidence each side can present? I thought that evolution was a slam dunk.

Evolutionists are classic fundamentalists: Lock step faith in received “truth”, demonize and attack personally anyone who questions their orthodoxy, and shout down any attempt by unbelievers to rationally discuss their belief system.

A curious fact to me is that evolution never delivers the answers many claim for it. It never answers where matter comes from, but merely pushes that ultimate question farther back in time.

Carry on, in full emotion.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This sounds to me distinctly like the conservation of energy and matter. Something which science has enshrined.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.

just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wow, seems some folks are misinformed about Darwin and his theory. His theory WAS NOT based on observation, at least not of evolution. He died never having any evidence of proof of evolution. Just before he died he stated that if no one can find fossilized proof then his theory was wrong. Been a good number of years since his death and NO ONE has found a trace of evidence supporting his theory. In fact just the opposite has occurred. Many animals and invertebrates have been found allegedly millions of years apart with absolutely no changes. Also no animals appear in any form prior to a specified geologic time frame. In other words even noncreationist scientists agree it appears all known fossilized remains seemed to start about the same time geologically.

Literally all scientists are stumped trying to figure out how something came from nothing. It defies all the laws of physics. The best they can come up with so far is the Big Bang theory, where boom, suddenly it was there. BUT...who lit that fuse? Well they just don't know. Maybe it just simply happened. Everything just perfect for life here...just happened. Lucky for us if gravity was increased a wee bit, we'd be squished like a bug. If oxygen levels were +/- just a smidgen...no life. If the earth tilt was even a few degrees different, we'd be a frozen waste land, and on and on.

Scientists must be very careful how they frame their theories. Quite a few have lost their jobs and/or funding by agreeing too closely with intelligent design. So they simply keep putting in requests and gaining more grants to find out far less than they could in Genesis.

Let's see what you think the odds would be in an easier to understand model. My fetching wife bought me a super nice tactical watch for Christmas. Luminous dial, accurate to within micro sec per year, waterproof to 300 ft, yada, yada. Now let's assume I lose my mind and decide to take it apart, piece by tiny piece. And, I put all those tiny pieces into a canvas bag, and start shaking the crap out of it. And, every so often I stop and look into that bag at the results. How many times, how many years, how many decades, how many centuries, how many millenniums will I need to shake it until at last I open the bag and find an operating watch?

Scientists have calculated that the odds of life beginning suddenly in a primordial soupy swamp are far greater than my watch coming together. In fact the odds I read were a 1 followed by over one million zeros to 1 of that happening. Yet these anti creationist clowns would rather believe that crap than face the fact that...Dare I say it? GOD DID EXACTLY AS HE SAID HE DID.

OK, there...I said it...bring in the clowns and their flamethrowers.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You're showing your world view. You start with the idea Darwin came up with a new theory based on observation. The theory of evolution is at least 2,000 years old. You are using your brain washing instead of historical facts.

Can you name any of the scientists who brought us out of the dark ages who didn't believe in creation? No one would say they weren't extremely qualified scientists. Well, no reasonable person anyway.

If someone caught a living dinosaur and brought it to the United States you would not change you opinion. There were a number of evolutionists who did see the mokilimomembe (spelling is subject) in what used to be called the Congo. It was a sauropod dinosaur. One of the evolutionists said something like, "It appears the environment here has not changed in seventy million years."

No amount of information will convince someone who does not care about the truth.

And what physical evidence do you have for Mokele-mbembe?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I don't believe you heard that at all.
If he said it then he's as full of it as you.

The only thing there is NO evidence of is god, and religion doesn't belong in public schools.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Well, not a dinosaur, but the coelecanth is in that same time frame. Thought to be extinct for 60 million years, turns out, they are still catching them in Madagascar!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

...and right on queue...

These threads are almost as useful as the "which cartridge for elk" threads and twice as entertaining. And it's always the same guys arguing the same points. Right on queue.

Except when you add a new guy like the sock puppet max velocity to the mix, now that makes it interesting.

Max, have you ever posted anything related to hunting and fishing? Ever posted anything outside the Hunter's Campfire forum, or posted an original thought you didn't copy from another website?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Evolution is shockingly absent in Africa....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Max_Velocity
[b]faith in things that are not provable or disprovable by physical evidence ... The left believes that a person can be a woman trapped in a man's body,

You lost me here. Sorry, but whether a person is a man or woman is readily provable. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

LOL
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Northman
Creationism.. Explain it to any other educated human, on any other continent and you will be laughed straight out the room!

Just like climate change denial, right? (insert sarcasm emoji here)

What are you anti-creationists afraid of?

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole

...and right on queue...

These threads are almost as useful as the "which cartridge for elk" threads and twice as entertaining. And it's always the same guys arguing the same points. Right on queue.

Except when you add a new guy like the sock puppet max velocity to the mix, now that makes it interesting.

Max, have you ever posted anything related to hunting and fishing? Ever posted anything outside the Hunter's Campfire forum, or posted an original thought you didn't copy from another website?

Smoke pole is the rumor going around here true that you are the best pole smoker in San Franciso? Screw you and your hunting and fishing. I do happen to be on other sights under different names and what anyone posts here comes from news sources not their own original thought. GFY

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Max_Velocity
Originally Posted by smokepole

...and right on queue...

Smoke pole is the rumor going around here true that you are the best pole smoker in San Franciso? Screw you and your hunting and fishing. I do happen to be on other sights under different names and what anyone posts here comes from news sources not their own original thought. GFY

Ain't the anonymity of the internet great? You can say whatever you want and not worry about any consequences. I'll bet you a dollar you wouldn't have the balls to say that to my face, sock puppet.

"Screw you and your hunting and fishing." Just what I thought.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Gee you must be a terribly tough guy, why probably a legend....in your own mind. GFY

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

381 members (264mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 44 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 544 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,444
Posts18,507,853
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.