Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Why I heard smokepole is 6'4" 240 pounds and fights in the UFC. I wouldn't challenge him.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Max_Velocity
Literally all scientists are stumped trying to figure out how something came from nothing. It defies all the laws of physics. The best they can come up with so far is the Big Bang theory, where boom, suddenly it was there. BUT...who lit that fuse? Well they just don't know. Maybe it just simply happened. Everything just perfect for life here...just happened. Lucky for us if gravity was increased a wee bit, we'd be squished like a bug. If oxygen levels were +/- just a smidgen...no life. If the earth tilt was even a few degrees different, we'd be a frozen waste land, and on and on.

Science is just fine with saying "We don't know. We can't explain it yet. And when a better theory explaining things comes along we'll adopt that theory as the leading theory based on the evidence we find." It's called the scientific method.

It's why we went from Newton's theory/description of gravity to Einstein's (general relativity).

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Why I heard smokepole is 6'4" 240 pounds and fights in the UFC. I wouldn't challenge him.

whew, yeah your probably right. Besides any guy who loves to smoke poles enough to name himself that would surely have to be a baaaaad man. Most likely has to register his hands as deadly weapons, I'm just sayin. C'mon polesmoker, pppuuullleeeezzzeee...have mery on me. [Linked Image]

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
There were a number of evolutionists who did see the Mokele Mbembe in what used to be called the Congo.
It was a sauropod dinosaur.

A person would be wise to file that away with the claims of Sasquatch and Yeti sightings.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

You're showing ignorance here. Creationists and Evolutionist use the same scientific facts. It is a matter of world view that tells the scientists what to make of the evidence.

Consider Dr. Jason Lisle. He has a Ph.D in astrophysics. While working for the US government he made some original discoveries in the sun. I heard him in a lecture say, "Evolution is a superstition with zero evidence." No reasonable person would doubt his credentials as a scientist.

...and right on queue...

These threads are almost as useful as the "which cartridge for elk" threads and twice as entertaining. And it's always the same guys arguing the same points. Right on queue.

Except when you add a new guy like the sock puppet max velocity to the mix, now that makes it interesting.

Max, have you ever posted anything related to hunting and fishing? Ever posted anything outside the Hunter's Campfire forum, or posted an original thought you didn't copy from another website?

Smoke pole is the rumor going around here true that you are the best pole smoker in San Franciso? Screw you and your hunting and fishing. I do happen to be on other sights under different names and what anyone posts here comes from news sources not their own original thought. GFY

Ain't the anonymity of the internet great? You can say whatever you want and not worry about any consequences. I'll bet you a dollar you wouldn't have the balls to say that to my face, sock puppet.

"Screw you and your hunting and fishing." Just what I thought.

That's funny.
He implies you're gay and your retort talks about balls in your face.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
"Smokepole" is slang for a muzzleloader, which is what I normally hunt with. "You don't have the balls to say that to my face" means "you're a p*ssy."

The fact that you and max cut&paste read homosexuality into those is telling.

And max, make no mistake, I'm not saying I'm a bad man. I'm saying you're a p*say.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MojoHand
"Teachers should have the freedom to investigate and teach evidence-based science, including strengths and weaknesses of scientific theories, in order to instill scientific critical thinking skills in their students," Swanson said in a press release

Automatically disqualifies creationism in any of its guises....

You're showing ignorance here. Creationists and Evolutionist use the same scientific facts. It is a matter of world view that tells the scientists what to make of the evidence.

Consider Dr. Jason Lisle. He has a Ph.D in astrophysics. While working for the US government he made some original discoveries in the sun. I heard him in a lecture say, "Evolution is a superstition with zero evidence." No reasonable person would doubt his credentials as a scientist.

You're showing your bullscheit.

Darwin came up with the theory of evolution by observation. Since then science has consistently and constantly added to the body of evidence which is how science works.

Creationism starts out with a presupposed, unverifiable belief based on ancient superstition and ignorance and goes hunting for facts to try to cram in their model.

Your claims and obfuscations are hilarious, to put it politely. Tell you what, when you and the rest of the God squad find a dinosaur roaming the Amazon we can talk further....

In the meantime, go back to quoting Hovind and Ham.

You're showing your world view. You start with the idea Darwin came up with a new theory based on observation. The theory of evolution is at least 2,000 years old. You are using your brain washing instead of historical facts.

Can you name any of the scientists who brought us out of the dark ages who didn't believe in creation? No one would say they weren't extremely qualified scientists. Well, no reasonable person anyway.

If someone caught a living dinosaur and brought it to the United States you would not change you opinion. There were a number of evolutionists who did see the mokilimomembe (spelling is subject) in what used to be called the Congo. It was a sauropod dinosaur. One of the evolutionists said something like, "It appears the environment here has not changed in seventy million years."

No amount of information will convince someone who does not care about the truth.

JFC...

Darwin did postulate the theory of evolution through natural selection as we know it and understand it today. Yes, the idea that life had been around for ages and changed does predate Darwin but any simpleton would've understood the terminology as I used it to apply to Darwins theory.

There have been scientists who have done great work who no doubt believed in creationism, BUT...their belief in creationism didn't do scheeit for the sciences. They came up with their work and inventions through the SCIENTIFIC METHOD--not a book of fairy tales.

Please show the proof of your Congo sauropod. And when you actually bring us a dinosaur from the Amazon and I totally reject it, then you can accuse me of not changing my opinion.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
[Linked Image]

Poobah,

Interesting that you would throw that up there! Not too long ago we were talking about science deniers on another forum (think it originated around that loony Ken Ham or perhaps Ray 'Banana Boy' Comfort) and I and a few others were debating whether allowing unintelligent design to be taught in schools was actually a good thing.

The reason being that of all 'faith' teachings, creationism is the easiest to absolutely tear apart. Now a lot of kids will never attain higher learning either via college or self study and they, without giving it any further thought/study through their life, will be amongst those polled who claim to 'believe in' creationism.

However, those who go on to higher learning quickly find out in Biology 101 that they've been lied to by their trusted teachers/pastors/parents. This will open the door to them asking what else in their 'infallible, inerrant' book is utter BS. This is surely part of the reason that youth are leaving the church and religion in droves (although their comprehension of the stupendous hypocrisy probably 'trumps' all).

So, I don't know-maybe the dumbing down of Americas students could be a good thing. You can bet your azz DeVos will try her best....

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
MojoHand,

Years ago the curator of a museum in England wrote a book about fossils. When he didn't include one photo he was challenged on it. He said something to the effect, "If I knew of one water tight example it would have been in my book." Scientists have hundreds of millions of fossils. They can be placed in different categories exactly like living animals. That is because the transitional forms are imaginary.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, seems some folks are misinformed about Darwin and his theory. His theory WAS NOT based on observation, at least not of evolution. He died never having any evidence of proof of evolution. Just before he died he stated that if no one can find fossilized proof then his theory was wrong. Been a good number of years since his death and NO ONE has found a trace of evidence supporting his theory. In fact just the opposite has occurred. Many animals and invertebrates have been found allegedly millions of years apart with absolutely no changes. Also no animals appear in any form prior to a specified geologic time frame. In other words even noncreationist scientists agree it appears all known fossilized remains seemed to start about the same time geologically.

Literally all scientists are stumped trying to figure out how something came from nothing. It defies all the laws of physics. The best they can come up with so far is the Big Bang theory, where boom, suddenly it was there. BUT...who lit that fuse? Well they just don't know. Maybe it just simply happened. Everything just perfect for life here...just happened. Lucky for us if gravity was increased a wee bit, we'd be squished like a bug. If oxygen levels were +/- just a smidgen...no life. If the earth tilt was even a few degrees different, we'd be a frozen waste land, and on and on.

Scientists must be very careful how they frame their theories. Quite a few have lost their jobs and/or funding by agreeing too closely with intelligent design. So they simply keep putting in requests and gaining more grants to find out far less than they could in Genesis.

Let's see what you think the odds would be in an easier to understand model. My fetching wife bought me a super nice tactical watch for Christmas. Luminous dial, accurate to within micro sec per year, waterproof to 300 ft, yada, yada. Now let's assume I lose my mind and decide to take it apart, piece by tiny piece. And, I put all those tiny pieces into a canvas bag, and start shaking the crap out of it. And, every so often I stop and look into that bag at the results. How many times, how many years, how many decades, how many centuries, how many millenniums will I need to shake it until at last I open the bag and find an operating watch?

Scientists have calculated that the odds of life beginning suddenly in a primordial soupy swamp are far greater than my watch coming together. In fact the odds I read were a 1 followed by over one million zeros to 1 of that happening. Yet these anti creationist clowns would rather believe that crap than face the fact that...Dare I say it? GOD DID EXACTLY AS HE SAID HE DID.

OK, there...I said it...bring in the clowns and their flamethrowers.

Very good!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow, seems some folks are misinformed about Darwin and his theory....He died never having any evidence of proof of evolution.

To my knowledge, Darwin doesn't apply the term 'evolution' in his original text, he used the term 'transmutation' and 'descent with modification.'

So you are correct, some people are truly misinformed about Darwins core fundamentals.

'Darwinism' is a term that came from Thomas Huxley (a staunch supporter of Darwin)
'Survival of the fittest' is a term that Darwin applies but attributes to Herbert Spencer.
' Evolution' is a term Erasmus Darwin (Charles grandfather) used, but not Charles himself.

yet many people commonly assume those terms originated from C.Darwin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Teach it as what it is, a religious theory of being.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

...What's wrong with Creationism as the genesis (pun intended) and evolution as the mechanism of change? That's my belief, anyway.

... the Almighty Creator sounds like a good way to go...

This from Darwins last sentence on the last page of his book:

RECAPITULATION AND CONCLUSION 529

"There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been origi-
nally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this
planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple
a beginning end- less forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and
are being evolved."

(P.S.) nobody should confuse 'evolved' with 'evolution' they mean different things.

he does not define 'creator' or attribute the term to any specific faith like Christianity or Hindu, etc.

An embryo evolves/develops in stages in the womb ,but in itself it is not a stand alone
evolutionary process in the way people understand Darwins theory.

People evolve/hatch plans to achieve daily tasks or achieve some personal goal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm a public school teacher, in Texas, high school.

I have no problem with the principle of introducing Creationism or its retreat-in-the-face-of-overwhelming-evidence form called Creative Design into the classroom.

In fact I would be DELIGHTED if the kids were thinking on a level such that they could intelligently debate these things, I wouldn't even care what conclusions they drew, 'long as they could coherently defend them.

What concerns me is that this debate would further burden what is already a crowded and busy curriculum. So the students of Mr Jones, who found it necessary to spend two weeks on his own hook tearing apart Darwin, find themselves taking the State End of Course exam less well-versed on mitosis, meiosis, cellular respiration or such. Ergo a couple of kids in Mr Jone's class fail the exam and have to repeat the course.

Also understand that the argument for excluding Islamic, Hindu, Buddhist and Wiccan creation theories from te classroom would become exceedingly slim.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"Teachers should have the freedom to investigate and teach evidence-based science, including strengths and weaknesses of scientific theories, in order to instill scientific critical thinking skills in their students," Swanson said in a press release

Automatically disqualifies creationism in any of its guises....

Agree 100%. Wacko theory is not science. Evidence provides the basis of science, unless "Alternate Facts" have become truth.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What happened to max regurgitation?

He must be posting over on the hunting rifles forum??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's see: colleges and universities brainwash and subvert the thinking of the masses who attend, all except in biology 101, where pure and pristine science rules, untouched by social and political bias. Scientists would never fudge the facts. Only those lefties in the sociology department would do that.

I'm relaxed about this topic and don't care whether evolution is true or not, but it smells bad to me.

Evolution is foundational to the “progressive” agenda to subvert authority, brainwash the masses and justify their cruel control of everything and everybody. It is not a co-incidence that you can't reason with a leftists street protester any more than you can reason with someone sold on evolution. The lock step response of both is to jeer rather than hear (Birdwatcher excepted).

It is hard, I know, to self examine, but the rare thoughtful among us might consider whether we've been sold a bill of goods. Astonishing as it may seem, that is true for evolutionists as well as unbelievers.

FWIW, biology 101 is where my first doubts about evolution arose. The glib explanations of reality made me curious and I found other answers, sometimes disturbing answers, that did a better job of explaining the reality I knew from farm and forest.

Unlax folks, it is OK when our mileage varies.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Let's see: colleges and universities brainwash and subvert the thinking of the masses who attend, all except in biology 101, where pure and pristine science rules, untouched by social and political bias. Scientists would never fudge the facts. Only those lefties in the sociology department would do that.

I'm relaxed about this topic and don't care whether evolution is true or not, but it smells bad to me.

Evolution is foundational to the “progressive” agenda to subvert authority, brainwash the masses and justify their cruel control of everything and everybody. It is not a co-incidence that you can't reason with a leftists street protester any more than you can reason with someone sold on evolution. The lock step response of both is to jeer rather than hear (Birdwatcher excepted).

It is hard, I know, to self examine, but the rare thoughtful among us might consider whether we've been sold a bill of goods. Astonishing as it may seem, that is true for evolutionists as well as unbelievers.

FWIW, biology 101 is where my first doubts about evolution arose. The glib explanations of reality made me curious and I found other answers, sometimes disturbing answers, that did a better job of explaining the reality I knew from farm and forest.

Unlax folks, it is OK when our mileage varies.

I had the same experience as you but it was when I was twenty-five years old. I was so crushed by evolution failing me I consulted a psychiatrist.

Over the next few years I read lots of books by several scientists and was amazed not all accepted all of the evolutionary teaching.

I challenged those who are so convinced it's not brain washing to rent the movie "EXPELLED! No intelligence allowed." That does not mean read a review of it. Watch it.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I was so crushed by evolution failing me I consulted a psychiatrist.

Wow. Did it help?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I was so crushed by evolution failing me I consulted a psychiatrist.

Wow. Did it help?

As a matter of fact, YES! I got over the brainwashing and started reading not only evolutionist scientists but creationist scientists. Both use the same sun. Both use the same geological stratum. Both use the same biology. Now a days both agree mutations do not bring about MORE information required for evolution to move forward.

Everyday Hunter
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 2500HD, 222Sako, 219DW, 48 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,389
Posts18,506,831
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.