Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
the difference here is the Teton Dam failed from within the actual fill/ There was seepage along one abutment, saturation of the fill, and the ds face of the dam gave way.

Oroville Dam has an auxiliary spillway problem. I have read worst case scenario (which is pretty bad) thirty feet deep breach may form to bedrock. losing 30 feet of water off the top of that reservoir is going to be a lot of water downstream.

Nothing like losing the 700 feet of the main embankment.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[b][color:#3333FF]Live Coverage[/color][/b] .

Maybe it'll wash a few Million libs out of Sacramento and San Fran to the sea..

Need to study your geography. That area is Californias heartland. The liberals are in San Francisco and Los Angeles and will likely not have any effect.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by logger
I assume that California will ask for an emergency declaration from the Trump administration that will provide federal dollars to help with repairs.

Trump will deny, as Moonbeam will want to use mojado labor.
Might get them off the welfare rolls, though.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Cross,what i am getting at is the damage did not happen overnight.

It had to be going on for a while before they found it.

The way the so-called news read was that they had shut down the regular spillway down because of fears that it would wash out.

Just seems to me that if they did shut it down some type of damage control could have been done.
That's all.

They'll TRY to keep this under wraps, but I'll predict not that what actually appears on the original prints for that spillway for mat and grid rebar and wire denstity is NOT what they are going to find,....this kinda' schiddt's been ENDEMIC in that state,....

Well organized graft, theft, and abuse with ties right to the very top in most cases.

GTC

Reagan was the governor when this dam was finished.

Sycamore

And it was under construction for how many years before he took office. The dam was fully operational in 1968 1 year into his term.

You really are a disingenuous bastard aren't you? ESAD

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yep, looks bad for the 16k folks in Oroville, my friends and their kids are evacuating north with the rest of the evacuation. My Nephew from Sac county Rangers district is being sent to Oroville to assist the evacuation, and I suspect keep an eye on the vacant houses, Cal fire is also deploying there, not sure what their duties will be.

I am far enough south the water effects won't get here for several days, we are still recovering from last week's rain. Our ground is saturated, most of the local dry canals have overflowed into our Vineyards and wheat fields. Another day or so and the water should stop flowing "downhill", being at the lowest point is bad. Highway 99 south of Sacramento has been partially closed due to floodwater.

I visited Pardee dam today. From a relative who works for EBMUD who control the flows, it was 3' above overflow stage yesterday and 1.5' today and they expect it to drop below the spillway tomorrow, but thursday another 2 or 3 day storm is expected.

Oroville actually has the destinction, maybe overtaken by SF now, but they were the Welfare hub of northern California 6+ years ago, the last time I visited Buzz and the staff at Huntington's store.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It's time to saddle the horses and get the hell outa Dodge!! Just doesn't pay to live in low lying areas! Ask the good ole boys in South Louisiana about that!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by smarquez

Need to study your geography. That area is Californias heartland. The liberals are in San Francisco and Los Angeles and will likely not have any effect.

Geography and political studies for all... No liberals in Sacramento? Seriously?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Damn! I hope everybody gets out in time.

Had to laugh at one of the comments......

"Patch the holes with love and multiculturalism"

Oh ye of little faith ! whistle

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reagan was the governor when this dam was finished.

Sycamore

And it was under construction for how many years before he took office. The dam was fully operational in 1968 1 year into his term.

He's damned sure not one to EVER pass up the opportunity for a cheap shot.
Parrot, too,....I taught him to say "Beaking Off" years ago.
.....'nother dumb bird, that's all.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A friend with family beating feet out of Oroville are stuck in a traffic jam,....as of about 1/2 hour ago.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by logger
I was talking to a friend today and he said to also watch Shasta Lake. He said that it was about 30' above "full".

My wife's cousin lives in Redding and we were there last week. Just after we left last Tuesday they got hit by a warm rain that washed a lot of the snow down. This morning he said Shasta is full and they are releasing water. He didn't seem to have any concerns right now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by smarquez

Agreed. Wishing a catastrophe on ANY US population is childish, in bad taste, and shows one's true colors. But beyond that, Deerwhacker's comments shows extreme ignorance.

I was born and raised 30 minutes north in Chico, Ca. Let me tell you what's in the path of a potential flood:

- Some of the richest almond and walnut orchards in the country.
- Some of the most prolific rice fields in the country
- Destruction of Feather River corridor, rich in wildlife and diversity
- Damage to many Northern Sacramento Valley communities (many of those, conservative areas)
- Some of the premier waterfowl stopover habitat in the Pacific flyway, and at least a half dozen critical National Wildlife Refuges plus some of the last decent pheasant habitat in the state
- Loss of property and human life

Quite a few classless replies on this post. Some of 24HCF's bottom feeders are in full force tonight...

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The Dam is not the problem, the two spillways are.

Do you have any reason to believe the problem was graft and corruption that went straight to the top? Like your buddy Cross?

Infrastructure has been decaying in this country since it was built, most places have money for new stuff, but not for repair, maintenance, or testing.

The simplest explanation is often the correct one. You don't need graft for infrastructure to fail, you just need to not maintain it for 40-50 years.

Sycamore

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
RCBS address sounds like they are right in the middle of this

RCBS
605 Oro Dam Boulevard East
Oroville, CA 95965

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911

Agreed. Wishing a catastrophe on ANY US population is childish, in bad taste, and shows one's true colors. But beyond that, Deerwhacker's comments shows extreme ignorance.

I was born and raised 30 minutes north in Chico, Ca. Let me tell you what's in the path of a potential flood:

- Some of the richest almond and walnut orchards in the country.
- Some of the most prolific rice fields in the country
- Destruction of Feather River corridor, rich in wildlife and diversity
- Damage to many Northern Sacramento Valley communities (many of those, conservative areas)
- Some of the premier waterfowl stopover habitat in the Pacific flyway, and at least a half dozen critical National Wildlife Refuges plus some of the last decent pheasant habitat in the state
- Loss of property and human life

Quite a few classless replies on this post. Some of 24HCF's bottom feeders are in full force tonight...

+1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm no fan of California, but I also hate to see people's lives ruined or lost at the expense of the idiots in charge. Kind of like the fugged up state where I live. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oroville is a welfare chithole, the armpit of norcal.

Yuba city and Marysville just down stream aren't much better.

Lake Oroville hasn't flowed over the spillway in years.

They were aware of cracks in the spillway and did nothing to repair them.

My guess is they spent all the money on welfare, illegals and fat pensions for government workers.

Now moonbeam Brown is asking the fed for assistance, [bleep] em.

Trump is right we have neglected the infrastructure for to long.

Higbean will have a front row seat if it blows.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Yep, looks bad for the 16k folks in Oroville, my friends and their kids are evacuating north with the rest of the evacuation. My Nephew from Sac county Rangers district is being sent to Oroville to assist the evacuation, and I suspect keep an eye on the vacant houses, Cal fire is also deploying there, not sure what their duties will be.

I am far enough south the water effects won't get here for several days, we are still recovering from last week's rain. Our ground is saturated, most of the local dry canals have overflowed into our Vineyards and wheat fields. Another day or so and the water should stop flowing "downhill", being at the lowest point is bad. Highway 99 south of Sacramento has been partially closed due to floodwater.

I visited Pardee dam today. From a relative who works for EBMUD who control the flows, it was 3' above overflow stage yesterday and 1.5' today and they expect it to drop below the spillway tomorrow, but thursday another 2 or 3 day storm is expected.

Oroville actually has the destinction, maybe overtaken by SF now, but they were the Welfare hub of northern California 6+ years ago, the last time I visited Buzz and the staff at Huntington's store.

Calfire will be there for water rescues. We can't have them laying around on their union asses during something this big now can we?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oroville is a welfare Chithole because of a bunch of enviro wackos, shutting down the mills and logging.
The good residents certainly didn't make that decision.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 58 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,626
Posts18,512,025
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.