Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 32 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Reagan was the governor when this dam was finished.

Thanks, Syc,....I'll remember to cast an evil glance at his signed pic on my wall when I walk past this evening,

....azzwhole

GTC

Oroville Dam contract was actually let with the main construction occurring during the reign of the super left wing Democrat, Governor Pat Brown. Although the dam was completed in 1968 while Reagan was governor, he had nothing to do with the construction or contracts.

Calif. is a total cesspool of corrupt officials, top to bottom, and most are Democrats. It was then and is now. Let's not forget that the present governor is Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown, the extreme left wing liberal son of former Gov. Pat Brown. Peas in a pod.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by duck911

Agreed. Wishing a catastrophe on ANY US population is childish, in bad taste, and shows one's true colors. But beyond that, Deerwhacker's comments shows extreme ignorance.

I was born and raised 30 minutes north in Chico, Ca. Let me tell you what's in the path of a potential flood:

- Some of the richest almond and walnut orchards in the country.
- Some of the most prolific rice fields in the country
- Destruction of Feather River corridor, rich in wildlife and diversity
- Damage to many Northern Sacramento Valley communities (many of those, conservative areas)
- Some of the premier waterfowl stopover habitat in the Pacific flyway, and at least a half dozen critical National Wildlife Refuges plus some of the last decent pheasant habitat in the state
- Loss of property and human life

Quite a few classless replies on this post. Some of 24HCF's bottom feeders are in full force tonight...

+1

I agree, it's not the peoples fault, I blame the bloated inefficient government, as usual the people will suffer and they don't deserve it.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by dale06
My daughter is evacuating. She just called wanting advice.
I am worried.

Tell her ain't nothing physical worth dying for and get on the road to high ground, stat!

I just got a PM from another "fire" member offering a place for her to stay. Unbelievably nice of him.
She was already on a freeway headed to a friends house that is safe.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[b][color:#3333FF]Live Coverage[/color][/b] .

Maybe it'll wash a few Million libs out of Sacramento and San Fran to the sea..

Need to study your geography. That area is Californias heartland. The liberals are in San Francisco and Los Angeles and will likely not have any effect.

Geography and political studies for all... No liberals in Sacramento? Seriously?

You got me, count Excremento in as a lberal chit hole. It is a lot different further north and up river.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
There are a lot of innocents who are going to have their lives turned upside down. I hate that Americans are being put through this.

My retired Platoon Sergeant and dear friend is in the path of this. He suffered a catastrophic car accident that shattered his hip and broke his shoulder and knee cap just before Christmas. He is the toughest 68 year old I know but he is still just hobbling around.

I just got through to him and he is packing up his house and going to Beale AFB until further. I offered to go get him and his wife (and dogs, Moose and Bear) until it's over, but he is too proud to accept help.

The area affected by this does not have any liberals. Only farmers and tweakers. The liberals in the cities sneer at these "country folk" and curse them for living where tax dollars might go to somebody not as "cool" as themselves.

There are a lot of homeless along the Sacramento river that are going to be washed away tonight.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by old_willys
RCBS address sounds like they are right in the middle of this

RCBS
605 Oro Dam Boulevard East
Oroville, CA 95965

2 1/4 miles downstream

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Well in this case the further it flows the lefter it gets. Truly some non-sense posted here tonight. The good the bad and the ugly.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Update (8:30 p.m. PST): Officials are moving construction equipment into position in preparation for a daring operation to plug the hole in the emergency spillway by using rocks, which are to be dropped from helicopters.

Meanwhile, there are unconfirmed reports of looting in the largely-empty town of Oroville.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If Pelosi, Boxer, the Browns, and Feinstein were all stuffed into the hole, all the people of Cali would be saved from a lot more harm.
It may not help the flooding, but the aftermath will be a LOT better.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the difference here is the Teton Dam failed from within the actual fill/ There was seepage along one abutment, saturation of the fill, and the ds face of the dam gave way.

Oroville Dam has an auxiliary spillway problem. I have read worst case scenario (which is pretty bad) thirty feet deep breach may form to bedrock. losing 30 feet of water off the top of that reservoir is going to be a lot of water downstream.

Nothing like losing the 700 feet of the main embankment.

Sycamore

The cutting potential of water is amazing...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by szihn
If Pelosi, Boxer, the Browns, and Feinstein were all stuffed into the hole, all the people of Cali would be saved from a lot more harm.
It may not help the flooding, but the aftermath will be a LOT better.
. Best plan yet ...as dense as they are....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
roger that.

shear stress from water in an open channel is a function of the depth and the velocity. should be plenty of both. good news is the aux spillway is off to one side, so there is bedrock down only 30 feet.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=MtnBoomer]Update (8:30 p.m. PST): Officials are moving construction equipment into position in preparation for a daring operation to plug the hole in the emergency spillway by using rocks, which are to be dropped from helicopters.

Rocks from a chopper ????? Wtf ...a little math would tell that ain't going to work !!!! Good lord.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Water flowing at 7 mph has the equivalent force per unit area as air blowing at EF5 tornado wind ....Water moving at 25 mph has the pressure equivalent of wind blowing at 790 mph, faster than the speed of sound....(weather channel)

Last edited by atvalaska; 02/12/17.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by atvalaska
[quote=MtnBoomer]Update (8:30 p.m. PST): Officials are moving construction equipment into position in preparation for a daring operation to plug the hole in the emergency spillway by using rocks, which are to be dropped from helicopters.

Rocks from a chopper ????? Wtf ...a little math would tell that ain't going to work !!!! Good lord.....

Maybe they can drop a few loads of those solar reflecting "spheres" to plug the holes.... crazy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

When those rocks roll into homes 30 miles downstream there will be repercussions...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Big heavy skycranes are used a lot, in setting Gabien baskets at difficult to access locales.REAL common further south in the mudslide after wildfire belt.

Given the counter rotor resonance they are KNOWN to set up in semi elastic formations below, I'm surprised they're considering their use as an option.

....when all you've got is a hammer,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My brother was on a crew that dumped loads of rocks into the cowlitz river during the 07 flood at the bridge to try and save it. These were two rocks per dump truck. They backed up to the rail dumped them and they could hear the rocks rolling down river. They better bring some big rocks.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Maybe they can drop a few loads of those solar reflecting "spheres" to plug the holes.... crazy

New meaning to Clean Energy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
roger that.

shear stress from water in an open channel is a function of the depth and the velocity. should be plenty of both. good news is the aux spillway is off to one side, so there is bedrock down only 30 feet.

Sycamore

Why do you say "bedrock down 30 feet?"

Undermining of the auxiliary spillway was why they have increased the main spillway flow to over 100,000 CFS attempting to lower water levels below the auxiliary.

Page 6 of 32 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,630
Posts18,512,055
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.