Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Has is washed out yet or is there still hope?

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Yes Ted, RCBS and Huntington's are just off the freeway, on the road to the dam, at least the way I have gone when Camping/ fishing at Oroville about 20 years ago. When the Huntington's sold to Blount, I believe, they kept the store and sold the manufacturing business.

The way Buzz Huntington told us, Oroville became the welfare city and scum from all over moved there, not that hard working Loggers who lost jobs to "save the owls" caused the scum. I am sure hard working folks moved to cities with work, not became scum.

Yep, plenty of Liberals in Sacramento. And good post on the farmland and waterfowl land that might become underwater for awhile. Our Dairy/ grain/ corn farming relatives have had hay fields under water, dried up for 2 weeks and back to underwater probably for another week, it should recover if not covered in silt. Grapes and tree's that aren't pushed over will also survive, the worst here around Sacramento's 60 mile radius are the tree's that have saturated rootballs and have fallen, and erosion to roads. With road closures around me the diverted traffic is still crossing country roads with 4" or less "creeks" flowing over them, and those roads are suffering the extra loads of trucks and more traffic on the waterlogged roadbase. Lots of potholes are being created, but that isn't fixable or stuff to worry about. I never knew how many big rigs deliver to one of my close big wineries until they were routed by my Dad's house. I spent 4 hours yesterday morning moving water around his house and saw more trucks than I ever imagined driving by his place.

For those who are well-wishers, thanks. California gets hammered here, but we Conservatives have grown thick skin, or we would have moved like some here keep suggesting we should do. I live on land my family has owned since 1903, and my grandkids will live here too if my kid's raise them right. Rant over

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Yes Ted, RCBS and Huntington's are just off the freeway, on the road to the dam, at least the way I have gone when Camping/ fishing at Oroville about 20 years ago. When the Huntington's sold to Blount, I believe, they kept the store and sold the manufacturing business.

The way Buzz Huntington told us, Oroville became the welfare city and scum from all over moved there, not that hard working Loggers who lost jobs to "save the owls" caused the scum. I am sure hard working folks moved to cities with work, not became scum.

Yep, plenty of Liberals in Sacramento. And good post on the farmland and waterfowl land that might become underwater for awhile. Our Dairy/ grain/ corn farming relatives have had hay fields under water, dried up for 2 weeks and back to underwater probably for another week, it should recover if not covered in silt. Grapes and tree's that aren't pushed over will also survive, the worst here around Sacramento's 60 mile radius are the tree's that have saturated rootballs and have fallen, and erosion to roads. With road closures around me the diverted traffic is still crossing country roads with 4" or less "creeks" flowing over them, and those roads are suffering the extra loads of trucks and more traffic on the waterlogged roadbase. Lots of potholes are being created, but that isn't fixable or stuff to worry about. I never knew how many big rigs deliver to one of my close big wineries until they were routed by my Dad's house. I spent 4 hours yesterday morning moving water around his house and saw more trucks than I ever imagined driving by his place.

For those who are well-wishers, thanks. California gets hammered here, but we Conservatives have grown thick skin, or we would have moved like some cowards here keep suggesting we should do. I live on land my family has owned since 1903, and my grandkids will live here too if my kid's raise them right. Rant over

I feel your pain. This chithole is controlled by Portland, Salem, Eugene. Outside of that, there a lot of conservatives.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My daughter and my grandkids (and friends as well) are pretty much at ground zero. They are in the middle of evac.

Looks like all you CA haters might have your wishes partly fulfilled. Hey, with a little luck, we might have a massive earthquake to go along with it, you'd all be thrilled.

GO F UCK YOURSELVES!

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just an aside. Waterfowl can deal with flooding pretty dammed well.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I assume you're referring to my post...

Severe flooding can destroy levee's, weirs, and flood control structures that CREATE that habitat.

Since you really don't know what you're talking about........... FOAD.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Craigster
My daughter and my grandkids (and friends as well) are pretty much at ground zero. They are in the middle of evac.

Looks like all you CA haters might have your wishes partly fulfilled. Hey, with a little luck, we might have a massive earthquake to go along with it, you'd all be thrilled.

GO F UCK YOURSELVES!

PM incoming.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by duck911

I assume you're referring to my post...

Severe flooding can destroy levee's, weirs, and flood control structures that CREATE that habitat.

Since you really don't know what you're talking about........... FOAD.

FOAD? Yah, you are a quality individual. There's truly no need to worry about the waterfowl.... They'll be fine.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oh the walnuts! OMG the walnuts!

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Oh the walnuts! OMG the walnuts!

It's a $1.4 BILLION dollar industry for California and supports tens of thousands of jobs.

You really, truly have no idea what you're talking about and probably should shut up before it becomes clear how ignorant you really are.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The family has 1000 acres of Walnuts outside Yuba city and 1000 acres of rice in live Oak. OMG the walnuts is right. But I'm more concerned about those that live in the path of a flood than our trees at this time. Hope we all survive this event with no loss of life or property.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just a reply to duckguy. You're all pissy at me because I truly think the waterfowl will be just fine... Seriously. Like the Pacific Flyway is in danger because of a flood? Come on. Seriously?

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

GO F UCK YOURSELVES!

Craigster, I hope your family make it out of there safe and sound. My parents have a vacation home in CA 86 miles from Oroville dam...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just a reply to duckguy. You're all pissy at me because I truly think the waterfowl will be just fine... Seriously. Like the Pacific Flyway is in danger because of a flood? Come on. Seriously?

Just a reply to Mtnoomer. I kinda thought you were a worthless POS f uck wad. Now I know you are.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You guy's will biotch over the silliest stuff....

Nobody in particular, just funny how the importance of folk's being evacuated turns into a " I know more than you do", LOFL

And I do think the tree's will survive just like most of my Grape farmers and small walnut farms around me, the tree's are dormant, if the soil is still there and the tree's are not pushed over by swift waterflow, mother nature will prosper this spring. I was surprised 2 weeks ago when the one hay field's water receded, the crop was still there, a little yellow in a few spots, but still 8-12" tall.It is again under water.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

GO F UCK YOURSELVES!

Craigster,

Many folks here don't realize what they associate with "California" predominately lies South of the Golden Gate and west of the Sierra Nevada's.

The rest of California is filled with many great people who produce many of the products we enjoy.

Good luck to your family. I hope they make it to high ground soon.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Just a reply to Mtnoomer. I kinda thought you were a worthless POS f uck wad. Now I know you are.

I agree this was outrageous of me to say?????????????????

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'd rather be concerned with my sis down stream then the fucqking ducks. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I agree this was outrageous of me to say?????????????????

Not outrageous at all. But it doesn't change the fact that you're a worthless POS f uck wad.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 56 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,635
Posts18,512,118
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.