M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Craigster
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Just a reply to duckguy. You're all pissy at me because I truly think the waterfowl will be just fine... Seriously. Like the Pacific Flyway is in danger because of a flood? Come on. Seriously?

Just a reply to Mtnoomer. I kinda thought you were a worthless POS f uck wad. Now I know you are.

Just an aside. Waterfowl can deal with flooding pretty dammed well.

I agree this was outrageous of me to say?????????????????

Not outrageous at all. But it doesn't change the fact that you're a worthless POS f uck wad.

Ok then... I'm just not seeing it. Might be that your ill mood could be better directed toward those that were wishing ill upon ya'll... As I didn't. Just pointing out the FACT that the waterfowl will be fine...
The walnut comment was a jab though..

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Any updates?

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Any updates?

Update (8:36 p.m. PST): The Butte County Sheriff announces that county jails are being evacuated to other prison facilities; shelters are being opened for displaced residents; and Butte College facilities and buses will be shut down on Monday. A statement on Facebook indicates the situation at the dam is precarious: “The next several hours will be crucial in determining whether the concrete structure at the head of the auxiliary spillway remains intact and prevents larger, uncontrolled flows.”

Update (8:48 PST): Mark Finan of local NBC affiliate KCRA reports that the level of the lake has dropped to near 100% capacity — just over 901 feet above sea level — such that flow has effectively ended over the emergency spillway.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
My daughter and my grandkids (and friends as well) are pretty much at ground zero. They are in the middle of evac.

Looks like all you CA haters might have your wishes partly fulfilled. Hey, with a little luck, we might have a massive earthquake to go along with it, you'd all be thrilled.

GO F UCK YOURSELVES!

Craigster,

Many folks here don't realize what they associate with "California" predominately lies South of the Golden Gate and west of the Sierra Nevada's.

The rest of California is filled with many great people who produce many of the products we enjoy.

Good luck to your family. I hope they make it to high ground soon.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yep, I just read that too. Seems like the water has stopped running over the spillway for now.

That's good.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers lifted for our friends in California.

G

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
lot of water
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Unfortunately, to paraphrase Johnny Cash, "Looks like y'all are gonna be blessed with a little more rain"

How High's the Water, Momma?"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Are the adrenaline junkies riding kayaks and boogie-boards down the spillway yet?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Even if the situation remains stable for the next day or two, rain, and lots of it, is predicted to arrive again late Wednesday and continue for several days.

This very dangerous situation could continue to play out for a couple of weeks.

There are now over 100,000 people evacuating, as of 11:00 pm.

There is a hole in the emergency spillway that they are trying to fill with rocks, and bags of rocks, dropped from helicopters. The hole is slowly growing and eroding. If that portion of the emergency spillway gives way, it is expected to lose the 30' of dirt down to bedrock. The presumption is that the bedrock would hold. In that case a 30' wall of water would be released. If the bedrock at the 30' level doesn't hold, then all bets are off.

The Sheriff is reporting that the rumors of looting in Oroville are false, and were started when an individual was caught breaking into a business, that was not related to the evacuations. That was an isolated incident like what happens any day.

I dropped in at Huntingtons on Oro Dam Blvd a few days ago on my way to the Campfire get-together in Tonto Basin, Arizona. Little did I know that those folks would so soon be in peril. My hopes and prayers go out to all those affected by this dangerous situation.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The news is currently reporting that the water is no longer running over the top of the emergency spillway, but is still leaking through the hole that is lower down in that area.

They are letting water out of the main spillway at the maximum rate they can, which is currently letting water out of the lake faster than it is inflowing into the lake.

Whether they can keep up this higher outflow may depend on the continuing damage and erosion that is occurring on the main spillway. They are in a race with time to lower the water level before the next storms arrive on late Wednesday. The spokesman says the ideal target would be to get the level down 50' from the top. This will be an ongoing story.

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sounds like a really shiddy situation with the main spillway and the emergency spillway both compromised.

I guess using the damaged main spillway is the best option for now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"They" say that as of now, the main dam itself is not compromised. However, if the main spillway area becomes too eroded, then, theoretically the main dam might become compromised.

If they have to reduce the output to prevent compromising the main dam while new storms add more input, the emergency spillway will be overflowing again.

The max outflow that is occurring now is already flooding some low areas and putting a lot of stress on many levees. If levees start giving away much property damage will occur even if the dam and the spillways remain secure.

Half of the purpose of a dam is to provide flood control. The minute a dam reaches full capacity, there is no more control.

The news just reported that many of the roads in Butte County are very jammed with vehicles trying to evacuate. It is also a good bet that there are lines at the gas stations as people who constantly run around with their tanks near empty learn a good life lesson.

Last edited by nifty-two-fifty; 02/12/17.

Nifty-250

Yogi Berra
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump should use this as a sledgehammer to set the stage for his infrastructure spending plan.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Better get the hell out

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Prayers lifted for the safe evacuation of all of the families affected. Prayers lifted for all of the emergency responders who are involved.

Time to fix the problem at hand. There will be plenty of time for blame game after the fact...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Shows once again just how ill-prepared the government is to engineer and maintain something as basic as a dam.
When it breaches and causes loss of life and property I'm sure "climate change" will be at the heart of the cause.
Never mind democrats in charge of the State most likely didn't maintain its structural integrity.
Good luck to 'em.

All that tax revenue and this is the best the idiots could do

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Shows once again just how ill-prepared the government is to engineer and maintain something as basic as a dam.
When it breaches and causes loss of life and property I'm sure "climate change" will be at the heart of the cause.
Never mind democrats in charge of the State most likely didn't maintain its structural integrity.
Good luck to 'em.

All that tax revenue and this is the best the idiots could do

They seem to have spent a good amount on floating plastic balls. Different reservoir.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/los-angeles-reservoir-covered-96-million-shade-balls/story?id=33038319

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Prayers lifted for the safe evacuation of all of the families affected. Prayers lifted for all of the emergency responders who are involved.

Time to fix the problem at hand. There will be plenty of time for blame game after the fact...

Indeed.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Gotta love how the liberal puke news and weather people make everything "the worst it's ever been" now from snow to ice to heat always predict stupidity!! Supposed to be the worst ice storm here ever didn't even rain!! just a bunch of fear mongering idiots!!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 32 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,626
Posts18,512,025
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.