-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow... Didn't know there were so many structural engineers and groundwater hydrologists here... I'm learning a LOT! smirk

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by deflave
This whole incident reminds me of bear attacks.

Everybody that wasn't there deserves to not die.

Travis

So everybody here deserves to die?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Refugees without access to their EBT card! Dayammm, when I think of California babes - it ain't that...

[Linked Image]
Rebar fubar
[Linked Image]
Slabs for everyone.
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Cross there was one picture that when viewed up close you could see the rust lines where the rebar was.

It did not have any pieces hanging out but it looked like the concrete delamanited or something.

Seems they need to redo their inspection process some.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Refugees without access to their EBT card! Dayammm, when I think of California babes - it ain't that...

[Linked Image]
Rebar fubar
[Linked Image]
Slabs for everyone.
[Linked Image]

Lol. Between funding ebt, tranny bathrooms and Eric holder there is no money for infrastructure repairs.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Wow... Didn't know there were so many structural engineers and groundwater hydrologists here... I'm leaning a LOT! smirk

Don't forget the wildlife bios and ag economists... And Political wizzers and conspirists... laugh

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow... Didn't know there were so many structural engineers and groundwater hydrologists here... I'm leaning a LOT! smirk

Don't forget the wildlife bios and ag economists... And Political wizzers and conspirists... laugh

Darn, I did forget those... wink

And, the "BA's" in "Environmental Science"....Gawd, that [bleep] cracks me up!!!

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

and boycott mavens!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
Looks like plain concrete slope paving. Probably has wire mesh...
Done quite a few channel linings that way.

Not good ones.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
In fairness, once subgrade was lost, not much would stay. Probably not normally reinforced concrete. It looks to be a fairly thin section, probably, from appearances, around 8"

To me it looks like it should be a "tub" instead of two walls poured with the spillway poured after. It leaves a lot less room for error.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
We done just use da leftsover chain link fence, that's all da governer would gib us. Don'ts needs no spilzway nohows tain't rained cents fo'three..

Two minutes I'll not get back.
shocked

--- Kid Rock 2022

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Lol. The link fence reinforcement looks reusable! Quikrete dumped in the hole should cure before the next storm. F ucking engineers no dik.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty sure it's 8 inches - that's what she hoped... Damm that's a big hole. That's what I said...

Here's some more shots. Rebar can be seen in the bottom pic on the chunk to the right. OR SOMEWHERE. TOOMANYPICS

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The average man's hand stretched out spans about 10 inches. Look at the top photo. That slab is a bit more than 8 inches.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
How thick? 30"?

[Linked Image]

It's a big un.
[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
FAKE NEWS WARNING
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/02/09/ororville-dam-spillway-collapse-may-be-due-to-missing-rebar/

If REBAR was present, we likely would not see such a dramatic collapse as it would have prevented water pressure cavitation from eroding more and more concrete. Concrete is a material that is very strong in compression, but relatively weak in tension. To compensate for this imbalance in concrete’s behavior, rebar is cast into it to carry the tensile loads. This means concrete pulls apart much easier than it is crushable, but with REBAR the tensile force required to pull the concrete apart is greatly increased.

One wonders if that lack of REBAR on the spillway was by design, accident, negligence, or some cost-cutting measure like the lack of life-boats and cheap steel on the Titanic. REBAR in concrete was invented in 1849. It seems incredible to me that it seems to be missing from this very important structure.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is a might thicker than 8", thanks for the better pictures.
Appears to be slab and beam? More substantial then the video I saw, for sure.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017...roville-dam-spillway-previously-patched/

Problems at the Oroville spillway were known.

A picture shot by Lois Cameron from 2013 shows crews examining an issue around the area of the current hole.

“There were some patches needed and so we made repairs and everything checked out,” said Kevin Dossey, a Senior Civil Engineer with the Department of Water Resources. “It looked like it would be able to hold, be able to pass water.”

Dossey says this sort of thing is routine.

It’s common for spillways to develop a void because of the drainage systems under them,” said Dossey.

While everything may have appeared normal back in 2013, 2014, and 2015; what happened Tuesday when the earth gave way, is anything but.

“There wasn’t any evidence that anything more needed to be done,” said Dossey, “repairs were smooth and looked like they were good and secure.”

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017...roville-dam-spillway-previously-patched/

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Complete ignorance on the location, but will snow melt affect that water shed?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Complete ignorance on the location, but will snow melt affect that water shed?

Yes

Part of th problem was rain melting snow

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
They have a good snow pack this year too, correct?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 14 of 32 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.