Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Harry M Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Please say it ain't so --anybody who works for or has worked for the federal government deserves 76% more than the private sector and 38% more time off than the private sector .
What kind of barbarian doesn't understand that ....

President Trump needs to wait until the second term then start on cutting military retirements -no more retirements for the "desk soldiers" paper shufflers --soldier who worked in the Eye clinic etc. .
Make the vast majority of benefits go to the soldiers risking their lives in war away from their families for long periods of time . Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Like most things there is some truth and some bias in these revelations but the true parts definitely need to be addressed. I would also point out it isn't just the federal govt. Same for the academic world. We sit wringing our hands about student debt but feed the beast of academic largesse

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Please say it ain't so --anybody who works for or has worked for the federal government deserves 76% more than the private sector and 38% more time off than the private sector .

President Trump needs to wait until the second term then start on cutting military retirements -no more retirements for the "desk soldiers" paper shufflers --soldier who worked in the Eye clinic etc. .
Make the vast majority of benefits go to the soldiers risking their lives in war away from their families for long periods of time . Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

"Soldiers risking their lives in war"... Thats actually only about 15% of the current military, isn't it? Where and how do you draw the line on the non combat support staff and/or stateside personnel that makes up the vast majority of the military?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
H
Harry M Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
You don't. The Military is a separate animal. NO military pensions should be touched. They are already pro-rated for length of time served. I do not consider the Military to be public government.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
federal government deserves 76% more than the private sector and 38% more time

The comparison sounds terrible, doesn't it. But it compares the fed group, who all have college degrees and/or skills and training, versus the overall civilian workers that include minimum wage and part timers. Apples and oranges.

ond term then start on cutting military retirements -no more retirements for the "desk soldiers" paper shufflers ...

Obviously you've never been in the military. Where would the combat troopie be if somebody back down the line didn't make sure ammo got to him? What about the guys who repair his humvee? Or the guy who tests his eye sight and, if need be, provides his glasses so he can see to shoot? Or gets him the batteries to make his flashlight work? And, for each and everyone of the REMFs, they still have to obey orders. Don't want to move to Mississippi? Tough, soldier, suck it up and pack you and your family.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bangeye
Like most things there is some truth and some bias in these revelations but the true parts definitely need to be addressed. I would also point out it isn't just the federal govt. Same for the academic world. We sit wringing our hands about student debt but feed the beast of academic largesse
Those with PhD's feel entitled to high pay and bennies, regardless of what field the degree is in. Sorry, but I just can't equate a PhD in Native American Studies with one in math or chemistry. Any degree that ends in Studies is only good for teaching to pass on their mostly worthless information. They contribute nothing to the economy or industry of this country.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Harry M
You don't. The Military is a separate animal. NO military pensions should be touched. They are already pro-rated for length of time served. I do not consider the Military to be public government.
Well put.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

+1 Our military personnel are too poorly rewarded for their service as it stands.

Bureaucrats, on the other hand........

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by RupertBear
The comparison sounds terrible, doesn't it. But it compares the fed group, who all have college degrees and/or skills and training, versus the overall civilian workers that include minimum wage and part timers. Apples and oranges.

The fed group is the one place where someone with a sociology degree can get a six-figure salary. It is indeed apples and oranges.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MOGC

"Soldiers risking their lives in war"... Thats actually only about 15% of the current military, isn't it? Where and how do you draw the line on the non combat support staff and/or stateside personnel that makes up the vast majority of the military?

That is easy, anyone who lived to the end of their enlistment is just shoved out on the street with nothing. Any one who is service connected disabled is just strapped down and their organs harvested until there is nothing worthwhile left. It will save the poor snowflakes billions in tax dollars, get somewhere around half the homeless off the streets, you know, those [bleep] who served and left part of their minds in some hell hole. While we are at it lets make a clean break and stop all SS. Put whatever is in SS into building a wall or something useful. Old people are worthless anyway.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It could be easily worked out on where the line is drawn . Either you are going to be putting your life on the line or you aren't .

There's a huge difference in a Soldier who is suited up fighting in combat and some girl/guy working in the eye clinic stateside and the pay , retirement and future medical treatment should reflect that .

The military shouldn't be used as a place for a job and benefits -if that is what someone wants to do -they should be payed for what they do . Work in the mess hall get paid what a mess-hall worker deserves -do civilian kitchen workers get retirements/benefits ? Nope . Do people who work in an eye clinic get retirements/benefits ? Nope. I'm talking about a friend of mine Bob who went in the Air Force right out of high school coached by his ex military dad on how to go about his military career . Bob has been retired for several years now -he was only stationed in 3-4 places -retired out of Keesler AFB biloxi . Did next to nothing . Or Jay H. retired same story -bus driver on Keesler AFB -now sitting back like tens of thousands before them waiting on their govt/check .
Got a handnail --go to the V.A. and get it looked at --etc. . That's just a couple that I'll take time to type like I said there's tens of thousands of them .
Fat black girl a while back at a doughnut shop - I overheard her saying to her friend "I shouldn't be eating these" I'm on something? I don't remember what she called it but she was wearing the Eglin A.F.B. work-out clothes and was suppose to be losing weight -said she had 6 more years to go then she could retire . It's hard for me to tell how old black folks are but I don't she was 40 years old .

My friend Jeremy that was in our hunting club -blown to hell in irag -bad nerve damage doesn't walk/talk/see/hear very well at all and he deserves the same income and benefits as the do-nothings ? HELL NO HE DOESN'T !!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Harry M Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
In my Government Jeremy would have income for life, free health care, shelter and my undying gratitude that he deserves.

Thomas Jefferson

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by bangeye
Same for the academic world. We sit wringing our hands about student debt but feed the beast of academic largesse
Those with PhD's feel entitled to high pay and bennies, regardless of what field the degree is in.

My wife has a PhD in finance (on top of her MBA with a concentration in accounting.) One of her friends, who teaches at the same university, can't understand why she is paid only half as much as my wife. After all, isn't dance history as important as accounting?

Mathew 22: 37-39

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RupertBear
federal government deserves 76% more than the private sector and 38% more time

ond term then start on cutting military retirements -no more retirements for the "desk soldiers" paper shufflers ...

Obviously you've never been in the military. Where would the combat troopie be if somebody back down the line didn't make sure ammo got to him? What about the guys who repair his humvee? Or the guy who tests his eye sight and, if need be, provides his glasses so he can see to shoot? Or gets him the batteries to make his flashlight work? And, for each and everyone of the REMFs, they still have to obey orders. Don't want to move to Mississippi? Tough, soldier, suck it up and pack you and your family.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If "somebody back down the line " is in a very dangerous place -he would be treated just like the fighting soldier -if only slightly dangerous -give him 60% of the fighting soldiers deserved income .
Right on down the line --repair humvees-- what danger is there -busting your knuckles while wrenching on it ? Do humvee mechanics get retirements/benefits ? Nope

Lots of people get transferred with their jobs . I worked offshore years ago -roughneck/derrickman -> this is the last Well on this platform boys next hitch we'll be drilling offshore in Brownsville TX..
Believe or not it was a bit dangerous too --did I get a retirement --yes -but only if "" I "" paid for it myself .

You strengthened my point very well thanks.

Posted by Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It could be easily worked out on where the line is drawn . Either you are going to be putting your life on the line or you aren't .

There's a huge difference in a Soldier who is suited up fighting in combat and some girl/guy working in the eye clinic stateside and the pay , retirement and future medical treatment should reflect that .

The military shouldn't be used as a place for a job and benefits -if that is what someone wants to do -they should be payed for what they do . Work in the mess hall get paid what a mess-hall worker deserves -do civilian kitchen workers get retirements/benefits ? Nope . Do people who work in an eye clinic get retirements/benefits ? Nope. I'm talking about a friend of mine Bob who went in the Air Force right out of high school coached by his ex military dad on how to go about his military career . Bob has been retired for several years now -he was only stationed in 3-4 places -retired out of Keesler AFB biloxi . Did next to nothing . Or Jay H. retired same story -bus driver on Keesler AFB -now sitting back like tens of thousands before them waiting on their govt/check .
Got a handnail --go to the V.A. and get it looked at --etc. . That's just a couple that I'll take time to type like I said there's tens of thousands of them .
Fat black girl a while back at a doughnut shop - I overheard her saying to her friend "I shouldn't be eating these" I'm on something? I don't remember what she called it but she was wearing the Eglin A.F.B. work-out clothes and was suppose to be losing weight -said she had 6 more years to go then she could retire . It's hard for me to tell how old black folks are but I don't she was 40 years old .

My friend Jeremy that was in our hunting club -blown to hell in irag -bad nerve damage doesn't walk/talk/see/hear very well at all and he deserves the same income and benefits as the do-nothings ? HELL NO HE DOESN'T !!

Tell me what person in the military does not put their asses on the line. Even the ones in the eye clinic.

Oh, and by your standards no one in the US Navy faces any risk and therefore should just be [bleep] upon end of enlistment. After all all Navy jobs are just rocking chair jobs.

I had one of those damned Navy rocking chair jobs and an 100% permanent and full service connected disabled as rated by the VA. My time spent in a hard hat diving dress, sitting in a rocking chair with plush seats in some in the filthiest contaminated water anywhere got me here you you thing I should be one of those homeless guys begging on the streets for handouts because I wasn't getting shot at while under water. Thank you for the nice thoughts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

+1 Our military personnel are too poorly rewarded for their service as it stands.

Bureaucrats, on the other hand........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Retired military own most of the waterfront property around here -just saying .
A friend/hunting buddies retired airforce brother gets $86,000 a year and has a govt job making $205,000 per year -he tells me "I'm friends with the guy with THE BIG CHECKBOOK" , followed by a huge laugh .
You're falling for the crying from military members who can't make ends make ends meet on $35,00 a year. MANY people make far less -but I'm sure they bellyache about it too -yes wages are stagnant .

I read a paper put out by the military back around 08-09 it stated that military incomes went up 80% between 2001 - 2008 .
I wondered which civilian jobs pay went up 80% in those 7 years -plus retirement and lifetime medical care . I'll guess would be -none-.

I know of 2 people who live near me who have been retired for 54ish and 51ish --how much is that worth ? So yes they didn't make great money back in the day in the military but actually they did --50+ years retirement -life long medical treatment is worth how much [+wife] ?? ?? Think about that .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott ,
I've seen people retired from the military due to a bad back [faking]-one that I knew very well broke his ankle and became a retired vet . -he could run -play basketball -and did play all the time . Went to college of the taxpayer dime -now a lawyer working for the VA . He's a total piece of sch-itt whigger/gangsta , it's no wonder the VA is in pisspoor shape with the likes of him working there .

Posted by Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Or, better yet, maybe I should just be euthanized so you can heve a better life.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hey ol mike - I am not gonna bother arguing, but I WOULD like to tell you to just frickin kiss my ass, you prick. If its so damn good, why didn't YOU DO it?

Last edited by benchman; 03/19/17.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Damn, looks like 99% of the Coast Guard ain't getting a pension.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1badf350, 1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,704
Posts18,475,294
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.