Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by Scott F
Or, better yet, maybe I should just be euthanized so you can heve a better life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott ,
You're missing my point --my point is if someone goes in the military and does a "JOB" they don't deserve the same pay as a combat soldier like my buddy Jeremy is spoke of .

If you are in bad health or any other man who fought for this country I want you to be V-E-R-Y well taken care of ,if you did hard dangerous work you should be taken care of. The people who shuffled papper didn't fight in combat or do things that wore their bodies out shouldn't be in the VA line worried about a crick in their knee --that doctors office should be for YOU .

Steelhead ,

If you were doing dangerous work -being away from home etc. -you too should be paid for what you do .The guy in the Coast Guard sitting in an office shining a seat with his ass -does not deserve to be paid what like a person risking life and limb -that person has a "job" . And that "job" shouldn't come with retirement and benefits for life .

If you say so. I'm guessing your buddy could have been in charge of all C4ISR and gun system design/testing/delivery in a multi-billion dollar contract for a new class of ship. All I did was shine seats in that job....

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you're saying you did a simple job -somewhat what Bob who worked in the eye clinic and you deserve a lifelong pension and benefits --ok then .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Or, better yet, maybe I should just be euthanized so you can heve a better life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott ,
You're missing my point --my point is if someone goes in the military and does a "JOB" they don't deserve the same pay as a combat soldier like my buddy Jeremy is spoke of .

If you are in bad health or any other man who fought for this country I want you to be V-E-R-Y well taken care of ,if you did hard dangerous work you should be taken care of. The people who shuffled papper didn't fight in combat or do things that wore their bodies out shouldn't be in the VA line worried about a crick in their knee --that doctors office should be for YOU .

Steelhead ,

If you were doing dangerous work -being away from home etc. -you too should be paid for what you do .The guy in the Coast Guard sitting in an office shining a seat with his ass -does not deserve to be paid what like a person risking life and limb -that person has a "job" . And that "job" shouldn't come with retirement and benefits for life .

If you say so. I'm guessing your buddy could have been in charge of all C4ISR and gun system design/testing/delivery in a multi-billion dollar contract for a new class of ship. All I did was shine seats in that job....

[Linked Image]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you're saying you did a simple job -somewhat what Bob who worked in the eye clinic and you deserve a lifelong pension and benefits --ok then .

No, what I'm saying is that you are a f*cking idiot.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Retired military own most of the waterfront property around here -just saying .
A friend/hunting buddies retired airforce brother gets $86,000 a year and has a govt job making $205,000 per year -he tells me "I'm friends with the guy with THE BIG CHECKBOOK" , followed by a huge laugh .
You're falling for the crying from military members who can't make ends make ends meet on $35,00 a year. MANY people make far less -but I'm sure they bellyache about it too -yes wages are stagnant .

I read a paper put out by the military back around 08-09 it stated that military incomes went up 80% between 2001 - 2008 .
I wondered which civilian jobs pay went up 80% in those 7 years -plus retirement and lifetime medical care . I'll guess would be -none-.

I know of 2 people who live near me who have been retired for 54ish and 51ish --how much is that worth ? So yes they didn't make great money back in the day in the military but actually they did --50+ years retirement -life long medical treatment is worth how much [+wife] ?? ?? Think about that .

I'm sorry. This just sounds like class envy to me. Some folks have greater talents, higher skill levels, and deserve to be compensated for talents they have, and for performing jobs which few others could do.

Every one of these young people place their life on the line when they enlist, with no idea of where they will be called upon to serve.

If their pay was increased 80% in less than a decade as you claim......so what!

They are still rewarded far less than they should be for their service to this nation.

If a guy enlists at 17 and serves thirty years, he retires at 47 years. Good on him! He well deserves every penny of his retirement. I could not care less how much he makes from that retirement. And I certainly do not care what he earns in whatever 2'nd career he might choose to pursue.

I guess we could just forgo the whole idea of a volunteer military.

Draft every young person on their eighteenth birthday, make each one serve four years for room and board, then kick em to the curb to make their own way.

Are you ready to serve your four years for free?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Scott ,
I've seen people retired from the military due to a bad back [faking]-one that I knew very well broke his ankle and became a retired vet . -he could run -play basketball -and did play all the time . Went to college of the taxpayer dime -now a lawyer working for the VA . He's a total piece of sch-itt whigger/gangsta , it's no wonder the VA is in pisspoor shape with the likes of him working there .

So lets kill every vet so none of them can cheat the system. I'll make you a deal. You come to 14290 Marjorie Ln in Oregon City, OR and this cheating vet will might town on his 1911 if you have the balls to pull the trigger. My gun, my bullet, how much better deal can you ask for.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Scott ,

Steelhead ,

[Linked Image]

No, what I'm saying is that you are a f*cking idiot.

Only you would know "iron brain"

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You obviously have no clue about the military or military life. In your example Bob signed on knowing he could be call at any time on any day to pick up a weapon and go the the front line. Everyone who took the military oath was putting his ass on the line no mater what job he happened to be assigned. My wife's uncle was a army company clerk in Korea and his enlistment ender. He was waiting to go home when he was handed a rifle and sent out at a place call Chosen. He is still there somewhere. But it does not count, he was just a company clerk.

My disability is not combat related. In fact I was in Washington DC when it happened. I suffer for it every day. I still served seven years active and seventeen years reserve.

I am waiting for you to come and pull the trigger so I will no longer be a burden to you pansy ass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Please say it ain't so --anybody who works for or has worked for the federal government deserves 76% more than the private sector and 38% more time off than the private sector .
What kind of barbarian doesn't understand that ....

President Trump needs to wait until the second term then start on cutting military retirements -no more retirements for the "desk soldiers" paper shufflers --soldier who worked in the Eye clinic etc. .
Make the vast majority of benefits go to the soldiers risking their lives in war away from their families for long periods of time . Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

That's the 2nd most retarded thing I've ever seen. The 1st was someone sold you a computer.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
ol_mike GFY

I earned my Army military retirement pay, even though my specialty by definition was a "non-combatant".

Soldiers (and Marines, Airmen, Sailors, and Coasties) do a hell of a lot more than get shot at, and the Services know a hell of a lot more than you ever will about what kind of personnel and specialties it takes to field and sustain the forces for National Defense and Power Projection.

By the way, ever heard of combat pay? hazardous duty pay? Combat zone tax exclusions? The personnel getting shot at already have some differential compensation available.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah you'all are right , anybody who drives a bus around the base a few times them asks his commanding officer if he can go to the gym then get something to eat -then go to bed -that's what Jay told me he did and did it a lot.

OMGoodness it would be so funny to see awkward Bob try to handle a rifle , he would kill somebody -probably himself . He often laughed at what a joke his job was as did others .

No not a veteran , having a guy yell in my face wouldn't go over well with my personality .

Yeah I guess I'm jealous like idaho shooter said -never made much of myself -just built a bunch of houses and made 30 -40 --60 dollars at the closing . Semi-retired now although doing a little of this and that out of boredom -retiring is for the birds .

Scott F. you need some help -you're way off track.

Salute to all the fighting men in the Military all you paper shuffling seat shiners need to turn your check back in to the working people and get a job !!

Three cheers for my buddy Jeremy -he feels the same way I do ...

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well Mike, I think you're a frickin joke. Anytime you want to confront a seat shiner face to face, I'll take you up on it. You've never been in the military. EVERYBODY is a potential combatant. Not only that, a lot of us can run with the big dogs regarding the skills necessary to survive. You're a horse's ass.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
ok Mike,you have to be one of lamest dicks that ever posted on any forum! You seem to think that because you were to stupid to make money, buy the waterfront property and enjoy retirement, others didn't earn what they have! What the hell held you back, drugs, criminal activity, or you just plain stupid? Or maybe your one of those who were afraid to take a step forward! It must really suck to, not be able too get past your own desperation! Hope you choke on your own hate, you dumbphuck!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Yeah Bob and Jay and many others sat around the base waiting for retirement -the fat black chick at the donut shop riding out six more years until retirement -wow what a warrior she was -I should have got her autograph .
While I did nothing more than build big new homes -semi-retired now -yep -a criminal -drughead -that's how I got my concealed carry and rifle suppressors .
You can't even read you dumbphuck .

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

I only knew one fat legged overweight female bum during my time in the service. That big ole' heifer could calibrate the microwave devices the fleet Sailors used to maintain their fire control radars to absolute precision.

Last edited by rlott; 03/19/17.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rlott
Not some fat legged overweight female bum riding out a retirement . Believe me there are tens of thousands of them .

I only knew one fat legged overweight female bum during my time in the service. That big ole' heifer could calibrate the microwave devices the fleet Sailors used to maintain their fire control radars to absolute precision.

Good for her we need smart people in the military it's very high-tech .
What we don't need is people who aren't interested -don't put out and are waiting on their pension .
What we don't need is an over weight whatever color male or female saying " ohh --long breath -ohh I hate it but I got six more years before I can retire" . She has probably did as little as possible for a long time and is riding out one thing --PENSION .

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rlott

What we don't need is people who aren't interested -don't put out and are waiting on their pension .
What we don't need is an over weight whatever color male or female saying " ohh --long breath -ohh I hate it but I got six more years before I can retire" . She has probably did as little as possible for a long time and is riding out one thing --PENSION .

Well,,,, I get that particular point...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Scott F. you need some help -you're way off track.

You are the one wanting to take away the things we veterans have because we signed on the dotted line, then took an oath to put our lives on the line so that you could have your freedom to say we deserve nothing. I took that oath five times. I was just offering you the opportunity to put me down like an old dog so you would not have to pay. Sorry you are not man enough to take up my offer. But I kind of expected that from someone who was to lazy to serve.

See what you missed. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...r/11910807/gonew/1/In_memory,,,,,#UNREAD

But then you are the expert and know all about what it means to serve.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Old Mike,
You have no [bleep] clue. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who signed on the dotted line is worldwide deployable to whatever combat zone they decide to throw us into. Your friend the bus driver is an example. Ever driven a bus around a base that's being shelled? Many supposedly non combatants have been killed and wounded in these "wars" that we have been in for the last 3 decades. Ever been in a Humvee that hit an IED while you were going to your non combat job? I have and I have the scars to prove it. I earned every damned penny of my retirement.

[bleep] you!

Rob,
MSgt, USAF, Retired

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
These some of the seat shiners you're bitchin about?

Sept 11, 2001 Pentagon Casualties:

Spc. Craig Amundson, 28, Fort Belvoir, Va.
Melissa Rose Barnes, 27, Redlands, Calif.
(Retired) Master Sgt. Max Beilke, 69, Laurel, Md.
Kris Romeo Bishundat, 23, Waldorf, Md.
Carrie Blagburn, 48, Temple Hills, Md.
Lt. Col. Canfield D. Boone, 54, Clifton, Va.
Donna Bowen, 42, Waldorf, Md.
Allen Boyle, 30, Fredericksburg, Va.
Christopher Lee Burford, 23, Hubert, N.C.
Daniel Martin Caballero, 21, Houston, Texas
Sgt. 1st Class Jose Orlando Calderon-Olmedo, 44, Annandale, Va.
Angelene C. Carter, 51, Forrestville, Md.
Sharon Carver, 38, Waldorf, Md.
John J. Chada, 55, Manassas, Va.
Rosa Maria (Rosemary) Chapa, 64, Springfield, Va.
Julian Cooper, 39, Springdale, Md.
Lt. Cmdr. Eric Allen Cranford, 32, Drexel, N.C.
Ada M. Davis, 57, Camp Springs, Md.
Capt. Gerald Francis Deconto, 44, Sandwich, Mass.
Lt. Col. Jerry Don Dickerson, 41, Durant, Miss.
Johnnie Doctor, 32, Jacksonville, Fla.
Capt. Robert Edward Dolan, 43, Alexandria, Va.
Cmdr. William Howard Donovan, 37, Nunda, N.Y.
Cmdr. Patrick S. Dunn, 39, Springfield, Va.
Edward Thomas Earhart, 26, Salt Lick, Ky.
Lt. Cmdr. Robert Randolph Elseth, 37, Vestal, N.Y.
Jamie Lynn Fallon, 23, Woodbridge, Va.
Amelia V. Fields, 36, Dumfries, Va.
Gerald P. Fisher, 57, Potomac, Md.
Matthew Michael Flocco, 21, Newark, Del.
Sandra N. Foster, 41, Clinton, Md.
Capt. Lawrence Daniel Getzfred, 57, Elgin, Neb.
Cortz Ghee, 54, Reisterstown, Md.
Brenda C. Gibson, 59, Falls Church, Va.
Ron Golinski, 60, Columbia, Md.
Diane M. Hale-McKinzy, 38, Alexandria, Va.
Carolyn B. Halmon, 49, Washington, D.C.
Sheila Hein, 51, University Park, Md.
Ronald John Hemenway, 37, Shawnee, Kan.
Maj. Wallace Cole Hogan, 40, Fla.
Jimmie Ira Holley, 54, Lanham, Md.
Angela Houtz, 27, La Plata, Md.
Brady K. Howell, 26, Arlington, Va.
Peggie Hurt, 36, Crewe, Va.
Lt. Col. Stephen Neil Hyland, 45, Burke, Va.
Robert J. Hymel, 55, Woodbridge, Va.
Sgt. Maj. Lacey B. Ivory, 43, Woodbridge, Va.
Lt. Col. Dennis M. Johnson, 48, Port Edwards, Wis.
Judith Jones, 53, Woodbridge, Va.
Brenda Kegler, 49, Washington, D.C.
Lt. Michael Scott Lamana, 31, Baton Rouge, La.
David W. Laychak, 40, Manassas, Va.
Samantha Lightbourn-Allen, 36, Hillside, Md.
Maj. Steve Long, 39, Ga.
James Lynch, 55, Manassas, Va.
Terence M. Lynch, 49, Alexandria, Va.
Nehamon Lyons, 30, Mobile, Ala.
Shelley A. Marshall, 37, Marbury, Md.
Teresa Martin, 45, Stafford, Va.
Ada L. Mason, 50, Springfield, Va.
Lt. Col. Dean E. Mattson, 57, Calif.
Lt. Gen. Timothy J. Maude, 53, Fort Myer, Va.
Robert J. Maxwell, 53, Manassas, Va.
Molly McKenzie, 38, Dale City, Va.
Patricia E. (Patti) Mickley, 41, Springfield, Va.
Maj. Ronald D. Milam, 33, Washington, D.C.
Gerard (Jerry) P. Moran, 39, Upper Marlboro, Md.
Odessa V. Morris, 54, Upper Marlboro, Md.
Brian Anthony Moss, 34, Sperry, Okla.
Ted Moy, 48, Silver Spring, Md.
Lt. Cmdr. Patrick Jude Murphy, 38, Flossmoor, Ill.
Khang Nguyen, 41, Fairfax, Va.
Michael Allen Noeth, 30, New York, N.Y.
Diana Borrero de Padro, 55, Woodbridge, Va.
Spc. Chin Sun Pak, 25, Lawton, Okla.
Lt. Jonas Martin Panik, 26, Mingoville, Pa.
Maj. Clifford L. Patterson, 33, Alexandria, Va.
Lt. J.G. Darin Howard Pontell, 26, Columbia, Md.
Scott Powell, 35, Silver Spring, Md.
(Retired) Capt. Jack Punches, 51, Clifton, Va.
Joseph John Pycior, 39, Carlstadt, N.J.
Deborah Ramsaur, 45, Annandale, Va.
Rhonda Rasmussen, 44, Woodbridge, Va.
Marsha Dianah Ratchford, 34, Prichard, Ala.
Martha Reszke, 36, Stafford, Va.
Cecelia E. Richard, 41, Fort Washington, Md.
Edward V. Rowenhorst, 32, Lake Ridge, Va.
Judy Rowlett, 44, Woodbridge, Va.
Robert E. Russell, 52, Oxon Hill, Md.
William R. Ruth, 57, Mount Airy, Md.
Charles E. Sabin, 54, Burke, Va.
Marjorie C. Salamone, 53, Springfield, Va.
Lt. Col. David M. Scales, 44, Cleveland, Ohio
Cmdr. Robert Allan Schlegel, 38, Alexandria, Va.
Janice Scott, 46, Springfield, Va.
Michael L. Selves, 53, Fairfax, Va.
Marian Serva, 47, Stafford, Va.
Cmdr. Dan Frederic Shanower, 40, Naperville, Ill.
Antoinette Sherman, 35, Forest Heights, Md.
Don Simmons, 58, Dumfries, Va.
Cheryle D. Sincock, 53, Dale City, Va.
Gregg Harold Smallwood, 44, Overland Park, Kan.
(Retired) Lt. Col. Gary F. Smith, 55, Alexandria, Va.
Patricia J. Statz, 41, Takoma Park, Md.
Edna L. Stephens, 53, Washington, D.C.
Sgt. Maj. Larry Strickland, 52, Woodbridge, Va.
Maj. Kip P. Taylor, 38, McLean, Va.
Sandra C. Taylor, 50, Alexandria, Va.
Karl W. Teepe, 57, Centreville, Va.
Sgt. Tamara Thurman, 25, Brewton, Ala.
Lt. Cmdr. Otis Vincent Tolbert, 38, Lemoore, Calif.
Willie Q. Troy, 51, Aberdeen, Md.
Lt. Cmdr. Ronald James Vauk, 37, Nampa, Idaho
Lt. Col. Karen Wagner, 40, Houston, Texas
Meta L. Waller, 60, Alexandria, Va.
Staff Sgt. Maudlyn A. White, 38, St. Croix, Virgin Islands
Sandra L. White, 44, Dumfries, Va.
Ernest M. Willcher, 62, North Potomac, Md.
Lt. Cmdr. David Lucian Williams, 32, Newport, Ore.
Maj. Dwayne Williams, 40, Jacksonville, Ala.
Marvin R. Woods, 57, Great Mills, Md.
Kevin Wayne Yokum, 27, Lake Charles, La.
Donald McArthur Young, 41, Roanoke, Va.
Lisa L. Young, 36, Germantown, Md.
Edmond Young, 22, Owings, Md.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I served a total of 24 years and have no PENSION. But I must be wrong as you know more about it than I do.

BTW, how many hours have you spent working in freezing cold up to your chest in water with a hundred feet of water above you and in pitch black? How many hours have you waited in that same freezing cold in that same pitch black at decompression stops? How much do you know about the effects of prolonged hypothermia every day for months at a time?

You say you don't have the personality to learn discipline. That isn't something to brag about. But you are right, those who did learn about discipline deserve to be screwed out of everything even though you still have your rights because of those who did.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jkob

Only you would know "iron brain"

Nothing more fun than seeing a hack trolling for more gunsmithing help.

I'm glad a real smith volunteered to do the BobinNH commemorative rifle.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 30Gibbs, 264mag, 24 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,367
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.