Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Mgw619 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Enjoying my last dip as we speak. With all I've got, I'm going to quit as of tomorrow morning. I know it's going to be tough. I have stopped for 7 months in the past but started back. Now I know I really have to. Wifey says no kids until I quit. Ready to start a family so here it goes. I'll be 32 in June and have been dipping since I was 16. Send encouragement!

You'll shoot your eye out

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You'll probably fail at this.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Mgw619 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Precedent says so

You'll shoot your eye out
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I kept a dip in my lip from time I got every morning until I went to bed for 26 years. No telling how many times I quit over those years for a week or 2 at the time. Then I just decided it was time, laid it down and never took another one. That was 5 years ago this August. I don't miss it now, but craved it for at least a year. First few months were the worst. My lip ached non-stop.

My wife nagged and nagged. It didn't matter, I couldn't quit until I decided it was what "I" wanted to do. Good luck to you.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you try, you will fail
If you quit, you win the first day.

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze
I kept a dip in my lip from time I got every morning until I went to bed for 26 years. No telling how many times I quit over those years for a week or 2 at the time. Then I just decided it was time, laid it down and never took another one. That was 5 years ago this August. I don't miss it now, but craved it for at least a year. First few months were the worst. My lip ached non-stop.

My wife nagged and nagged. It didn't matter, I couldn't quit until I decided it was what "I" wanted to do. Good luck to you.

Me too. I quit for the last time in the summer of 2009.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Tracks

This^^^^

I tried to quit many times, but actually quit only once. smile

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Once you decide you want to quit, more than you want to dip, you're done. Until then, quitting is only temporary. Trust me, I know. I haven't touched tobacco in 25 years. It's not easy, but you can do it. I'd say "good luck" but luck has nothing to do with it. It's all about determination. Best wishes!

Last edited by Bobmar; 03/19/17.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was hooked a lot longer than you. I quit SKOAL 4 years ago. The biggest help for me was the Listerine wafer things in the little pocketpaks.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP....amp;pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300,

Most of the drug stores have them; WalMart is the cheapest.

TicTacs help, too. Gum, if you like gum. I don't. After the first three or four days you have it made, physically. You just have to convince your brain to stay the course. Anytime you consider giving up, just remind yourself why you started (for your wife and family). When you get a craving, go brush your teeth, and remind yourself that you are a FORMER user.

Good luck to you.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I did 1-2 cans of Cope a day (mostly 2), for 21+ years. Gave it up, cold turkey, for Lent.
By the time Easter came around, I'd decided I could do it.
Never touched it again, although I had bad cravings for about a year - and occasional cravings 5 years later. Now, I haven't had a craving for a LONG time - but, I quit in '91.
Keep a tight rein on yourself - it gets easier with the passage of time.
I'll pray for you. Just hang tough.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wtf I guess be no kids then

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=deflave]You'll probably fail at this.

Dave [/quote
Doc.
Told me either I cut out the snuff or he got to cut out my lip: I have not used since and that was forty years ago: I still have my lip.
So yes it can be done with enough motivation. Good Luck. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I started dipping Copenhagen at 9 year old. About 1 can a day since. Been close to 50 years now, and I have never tried to quit.
I figure as soon as I start to feel addicted, I'll hang it up.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks

Yes sir! You have to decide you no longer dip and your habit doesn't control schit. It's all in ya head.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You'll find the dipping is alot cheaper than the kids.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Quitting nicotine is easy, it's not starting again that's the tough part. Never ever, not even once, not even a little, none whatsoever, not the slightest bit; 100% abstinence is the only thing that'll break the addiction. It is a physical addiction, the mental part is making the decision to beat it. As time goes by, each month it'll get easier to resist and as the years go by the desire will fade, at least slightly. I've been without for 4312 days and only want some chew or a smoke every week or so. It's great, good luck. Seriously kick it in the ass! There's zero down side to quitting and zero upside to continuing. Should be the easiest decision ever.

Here's a handy days between dates calculator. May 30th 2005 to today.
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I quite December 8th of this year. Cravings are still there but I dont plan on starting back this time. I quit for over a year about 10 years ago. So this is my second longest quit. The first days are the toughest. then it gets a little easier. It can be done if you want to bad enough.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I smoked for 51 years and smoked and dipped for about 12 of the 51.I had open heart surgery 4 years ago and the cardiologist told me if I do not quit it was going to kill me.I was in the hospital for 19 days because I could not breath properly.When I was released from the hospital I came home and thru everything tobacco in the trash.After about 6 months of coughing and spitting up some of the most GOD awful smelling and looking crap from my lungs they finally cleared and I could breath again,smell and taste things I had not been able to because of it.
I'm proud to say I have not had anything to smoke or dip in 4 years and do not miss it in the least.I cannot stand the smell of it and cannot be around people that are smoking.I will PRAY FOR ANY AND ALL PEOPLE THAT DECIDE IN THEIR MINDS TO STOP.I know how hard it was for me.I did not think I ever would.I had tried hypnosis and accupuncture and that did not help in the least.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The demons at U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company are going to hate you when they learn you aren't working for them anymore. Believe me, they won't allow you to be emancipated easily.... but why be owned?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can do it - and do it completely. Discipline !! There is a reason why your wife has voiced that position. What is important to you? I wish you every success.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,553 guests, and 1,035 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.