Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
How am I wrong?
And I'll forgive you for your insults. A good discussion is very possible without them.

A good discussion is possible.

If you weren't retarded.

Dave
Now that's an intelligent reply. All you have is insults? nothing to contribute? I'll forgive you for that one, too. I have no limit on how many times I can forgive.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I could care less if he kills himself, but he is likely (like a lot of drunk drivers) to survive an accident where he kills some innocent person.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
There is some science behind that.

A drunk driver does not brace for impact, lessening the chance of fractures.

They also do not inhale forcefully, or "gasp". This lessens the pressure in the lungs and chest cavity.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Montana legislature is decreasing penalties for repeat felony dui offenders. MT has felony at 4, 13 months treatment followed by up to five years probation. Second felony is up to five years prison. Under persistent felony offender statute, if get second or subsequent felony within five years of last then minimum 5 to 100.

Passing through legislature is bill to remove persistent felony offender 2 strike law because it is coercive. If any one is interested it is hb133. Decreasing penalties for lots of crimes.

So max sentence in future looks to be 5 years.

Not surprising, raping one's daughter is a misdemeanor up there.

[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
The sole blame for this falls on lawyers

Ummmm no. It falls on the drunk guy.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tzone
The sole blame for this falls on lawyers

Ummmm no. It falls on the drunk guy.

Partly, but do you think he has been able to get out of jail without the help of lawyers who keep arguing that he's really a good person and won't do it again, or fighting for leniency with a plea deal.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
No. 100% his fault. The lawyers are doing what lawyers do. The drunk is doing what drunks do. The lawyers are not the enablers here. It's nobody's fault but the guy drinking the booze.

Camp is where you make it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anyone who thinks drinking and driving is OK should carefully examine their deep personal need for that delusion.

In five years my family will have been the coroners and embalmers for 100 years in one very rural Montana county. I've had a ringside seat. It ain't pretty and there is NO denying it.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No. 100% his fault. The lawyers are doing what lawyers do. The drunk is doing what drunks do. The lawyers are not the enablers here. It's nobody's fault but the guy drinking the booze.

By lawyers "doing what they do", both in the sense of prosecuting and defense attomies agreeing to reduced chsrges, as well as most law makers being lawyers, setting penalties that are much to lenient, they most certainly are partly to blame.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sweet Jesus, there is only ONE person responsible for their actions.

It ain't the lawyers.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Sweet Jesus, there is only ONE person responsible for their actions.

It ain't the lawyers.

You're right. The drunk is respondible for his actions,

The lawyers effectively prevent those individuals from being held responsible and facing accountability.

If this guy was sitting in a cell serving life without parole after his first conviction, he wouldn't have had the chance to get the other 22, now would he?

But some lawyer got him a cushy sentence

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Farmer I know has at least 10. Several stints in prison for DUI. He hasn't had a license in years. Drives his tractor to town. Parks it at the feed store and walks the remaining 2 blocks to his Parole mandatory AA meetings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

By lawyers "doing what they do", both in the sense of prosecuting and defense attomies agreeing to reduced chsrges, as well as most law makers being lawyers, setting penalties that are much to lenient, they most certainly are partly to blame.

I'll admit that Lawyers impede the individual cop's ability to mete out justice as he sees fit.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If this guy has been caught that many times he is apparently driving in an impaired state almost daily. I doubt his luck is so bad to have been caught even a majority of his attempts. I don't know if some people on this string are just pushing buttons for their own entertainment, but there is no plausible excuse for this guy's actions and to try and state otherwise simply indicates stupidity of epic proportions.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And John Barsness still has time to write

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I'll admit that Lawyers impede the individual cop's ability to mete out justice as he sees fit.

It must suck being a drunk. With luck someday you'll kick the habit.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Lots of drunk drivers go for decades without being caught (and dang near drive daily screwed up).

Two of my old coworkers, alcoholics.........went 30 yrs before getting nailed.

A 3rd never did (but drank to their death at age 52- liver gave out).

Arrest/conviction record doesn't fully tell how bad the problem is.

I phone, pee sitting down........put one of those behind the wheel and I think it just as bad. Work 2nd shift, leave right after midnight, stoplight by plant.........see the glow of a ho as she blows through the red on her way to the gov subsidized apts or bar (same direction).

Always in a hurry for the purple deek they are.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Would be interesting to know how many here text while driving.

Currently responsible for more accidents than drunk driving.

If we only had a nickel every time some idiot drifts across the center line with his gourd down in his phone.

The idiots will get more laws passed....through their lack of restraint.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Yes, and if a guy was drunk as $hit, stumbling around recklessly with a gun muzzle flashing everyone I'd want the po-po to interfere and throw his drunk ass in jail for the night too. Preferably before he hurts someone. I suspect Deflave will disagree.

Why would I disagree with that?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

It must suck being a drunk.

It's not all bad.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,824
Posts18,496,551
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.