Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
The joke is told of the contest between God and the devil. Satan says to God, “I bet I can make a human being just as well as you can.”

Should you be mocking Gods own divine will creation, that being the Devil?

Christians often complain about the devil and all the 'evil' in this world, but according to scripture such only exists
due to Gods own will...how about christians show some heart-felt appreciation for what God has given you?.. wink

God could have destroyed the fallen Lucifer, but instead he gave him rule of the earth and its inhabitants...If you roll back further,
God knowingly created an arch Angel destined to fall and create havoc in both Heaven and on earth.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God knowingly created an arch Angel destined to fall and create havoc in both Heaven and on earth.

He also created us with the free will to believe or not. He could have done it different, and made it without choice. We Humans can not understand His plan. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by milespatton

He also created us with the free will to believe or not.

Just 'believing' is not enough.
and yes free will, but God already knew all people would fail him, in fact everybody is a sinner and failure in Gods eyes.
Those who will repent and those won't who repent, was already known by God even before they or their ancestors were born.

We Humans can not understand His plan.

Many on 24CF have purported to know God, ...some even talk like a judge, jury and executioner appointed by God.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

He also created us with the free will to believe or not. He could have done it different, and made it without choice. We Humans can not understand His plan. miles

Simple. He wanted the stupid suckers to be led astray. wink

Well, i guess i should say, the really smart folks who lean onto their own understanding and reject belief and faith. They considering only the physical aspect of life while rejecting and denying the spiritual aspect.

"Be not forgetful to provide for strangers; for therefore many have entertained angels unaware."

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Guess I'm not going to get my blade of grass...

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tom264

Just got a couple million for you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

See what I mean?...people on 24CF who claim to know God and what he's planning and thinking.

"Be not forgetful to provide for strangers; for therefore many have entertained angels unaware."

Imagine those strangers and angels gathering with the Bibles talking donkey and talking plants.
what would the topic be?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman

See what I mean?...people on 24CF who claim to know God and what he's thinking.

Look at all who claim to talk to him on a regular basis, but hear many different messages.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

All humans are fools engaged in folly in Gods eyes, (yes that includes you.)
and why would a loving compassionate Jesus want weak misguided humans led astray?
Isn't it the role of Jesus to gather the lost & scattered to his flock?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

He also created us with the free will to believe or not.

Just 'believing' is not enough.
and yes free will, but God already knew all people would fail him, in fact everybody is a sinner and failure in Gods eyes.
Those who will repent and those won't who repent, was already known by God even before they or their ancestors were born.

We Humans can not understand His plan.

Many on 24CF have purported to know God, ...some even talk like a judge, jury and executioner appointed by God.

Not a failure, just human. We make mistakes, sure, but we also make the right choice every once in awhile. I like to think that God celebrates our good choices.

I'm a dad, and that has helped me in my quest to come closer to (I never will, of course, but I can get closer) understanding God.

I love my boy to a depth that's hard to believe. I feel great when I see him make good choices and I'm sad when he makes bad choices, but I love him just the same regardless. I think God looks at us in much the same way.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

and why would a loving compassionate Jesus want weak misguided humans led astray?

And why would it be that the more scientific education a person has, the less they belief theistic claims?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I think you couldn't be more wrong. We have an amazing capacity for wonderful acts, but also an awful potential for unspeakable savagery. It's what we choose that makes the difference. Do we choose to feed the evil beast inside us all, or do we choose to deny the evil and embrace compassion, benevolence, and love?

God didn't create us to be fools, that's just an insult to both God and His creation. I get it, though, I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine, and that's okay.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

And why would it be that the more scientific education a person has, the less they belief theistic claims?

As a pharmaceutical rep I talk to a lot of doctors every day. Most of them believe in God. I think they have a heightened appreciation for the complexity of the human body and have a hard time believing that we developed from primordial ooze.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I think you couldn't be more wrong. We have an amazing capacity for wonderful acts, but also an awful potential for unspeakable savagery. It's what we choose that makes the difference. Do we choose to feed the evil beast inside us all, or do we choose to deny the evil and embrace compassion, benevolence, and love?

God didn't create us to be fools, that's just an insult to both God and His creation. I get it, though, I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine, and that's okay.

P

We can agree on your first paragraph, just not your second.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

P

We can agree on your first paragraph, just not your second.

Works for me.

And here's a pic of a couple of antelope I sniped:

[Linked Image]

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As a pharmaceutical rep I talk to a lot of doctors every day. Most of them believe in God. I think they have a heightened appreciation for the complexity of the human body and have a hard time believing that we developed from primordial ooze.

P

For you to imply that you're an authority on the religious beliefs of physicians is absurd and dishonest.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

See what I mean?...people on 24CF who claim to know God and what he's planning and thinking.

Imagine those strangers and angels gathering with the Bibles talking donkey and talking plants.
what would the topic be?

Cant handle a joke, grin huh?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Not a failure, just human... I like to think that God celebrates our good choices.

When you transgress you have erred and failed God, if you were not a failure in Gods eyes you wouldn't require his grace.

I think you couldn't be more wrong...

You are not disagreeing with me , you are disagreeing with the word of God.

1 Corinthians

18 "Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain."

God didn't create us to be fools, that's just an insult to both God and His creation.

Scripture indicates different. By the word of God you are a fool yet your vanity won't allow you to acknowledge it.

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have an amazing capacity for wonderful acts, but also an awful potential for unspeakable savagery.
It's what we choose that makes the difference. Do we choose to feed the evil beast inside us all, or do we choose to deny
the evil and embrace compassion, benevolence, and love?

Try as much as you might with what in your human opinion are wonderful acts, but you will never meet the std. required
to be worthy of God. And try as much as you might, but you as a human cannot avoid the evil beast inside yourself from
influencing parts of your life in one way or another and to some degree or another.

You are an unworthy sinner just the same as every other worm human past, present or future. What you may consider as
good works or wonderful acts, are just folly, and do not find you or anyone else favor with God.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Tom264

I'm sold.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 5 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

52 members (35, BallisticBRYAN, Akhutr, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,387 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,876
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.