Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
lot's of emphasis on Jesus and his Teachings on this thread and that is good.

as a descendent of a bunch of old-line calvinist types, it's come to my awareness that god in his infinite forms can save anyone and everyone he so chooses, and we can't do a single, solitary thing about it, pro or con.

that is, god runs his own show. we know that. he can save anyone he wishes, or not. after all he is running the operation as god would run such an operation.

we can define salvation as coming from the mighty war=god YHWH, his son Jesus, or the Holy Ghost (spirit?). or, any and all combinations, you choose. we couldn't avoid salvation if we tried, if god wanted us to have it, could we? beware: calvinistic thought is beginning to enter the picture.

of course if one accepts (& believes) that ritural & belief is enough, then so be it. no problem. just carry=on.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
As a pharmaceutical rep I talk to a lot of doctors every day. Most of them believe in God. I think they have a heightened appreciation for the complexity of the human body and have a hard time believing that we developed from primordial ooze.

P

For you to imply that you're an authority on the religious beliefs of physicians is absurd and dishonest.

To infer the above from my statement is ludicrous.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
]

We can agree on your first paragraph, just not your second.

Works for me.

And here's a pic of a couple of antelope I sniped:

[Linked Image]

P[/quote]

Nice goats PS.

I hope you have some more good luck this year. [/quote]

Not likely, Oregon requires a lot of points. I'm probably ten years away from my next tag, unless I get lucky.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ringman
And why would it be that the more scientific education a person has, the less they belief theistic claims?

This is only because they get brainwashed beyond their ability to use logic. Many times I have challenged folks here to come up with two creationists Ph.D physical scientists who after they earned their doctorate became evolutionists and I will come up with a dozen evolutionist Ph.D physical scientists who after they earned their doctorate became creationists.

Isn't it amazing though that these so-called scientists who spend billions of dollars researching and attempting to prove that there is no God fail at every step. Think of the billions of dollars spent on finding the "GOD" particle in Switzerland. How is that going for them?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
on the quamtum end of the spectrum, "things" pop into and out of existence almost instantaneously, no? that is, what is real is a product of creation. creation comes from nothing, right?

in other words, does the pattern of "what isn't" define the reality of what is? or not? it's a serious debate raging amongst the people who dare to enter into a discussion about the world of quantum mechanics.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
god in his infinite forms can save anyone and everyone he so chooses, and we can't do a single, solitary thing about it, pro or con.

that is, god runs his own show. we know that. he can save anyone he wishes, or not. after all he is running the operation as god would run such an operation.
. [/quote]

So, iow, do what you wanna do and forget His instruction, since it wont keep your ass from destruction. He isnt interested in if you abide in Him, He will pick and choose at His whim?

Well, He isnt a liar and He is just, so, youre wrong again, my friend. smile

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
god in his infinite forms can save anyone and everyone he so chooses, and we can't do a single, solitary thing about it, pro or con.

So, iow, do what you wanna do and forget His instruction, since it wont keep your ass from destruction. He isnt interested in if you abide in Him, He will pick and choose at His whim?

Well, He isnt a liar and He is just, so, youre wrong again, my friend. smile [/quote]

just follow the rules, is that it? how about following the various catholitic rituals, will that get it? if one has to "believe" then one has to do something. no problem. believe it if you wish.

God, otherwise known as the Great Mystery, the trinity of Yhwh, jesus, and the holy ghost (spirit) works in their own domain. you can accept their ominipotence and your soul in their hands, or not. if you think something is required, then so be it. no argument from me, my fine friend. salvation is a free gift, or one has to do something for it (like beleiving, eating fish on friday, worshiping 5-7 days per week, etc.). and that's all good. work for your salvation through physical, mental or other types of work. no problem. carry=on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Problem is that We can't think like Him, so no way that We can figure Him out. That is where faith enters. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
And why would it be that the more scientific education a person has, the less they belief theistic claims?

This is only because they get brainwashed beyond their ability to use logic. Many times I have challenged folks here to come up with two creationists Ph.D physical scientists who after they earned their doctorate became evolutionists and I will come up with a dozen evolutionist Ph.D physical scientists who after they earned their doctorate became creationists.

Isn't it amazing though that these so-called scientists who spend billions of dollars researching and attempting to prove that there is no God fail at every step. Think of the billions of dollars spent on finding the "GOD" particle in Switzerland. How is that going for them?

They found it 5 years ago....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
How God made it all is the mystery, not how to be saved. He had a book of instruction written and given to us. The Holy Bible. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Right, because no logic is required to send a rocket into orbit, or eliminate Small Pox.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
How God made it all is the mystery, not how to be saved. He had a book of instruction written and given to us. The Holy Bible. grin

lol. Bible = basic instructions before leaving urth. too funny.

ok, to run the subject into a different direction, just for discussion, back in the day there was one Jesus, working for YHWH, the mighty War-God. the population was what? i have no clue, honestly. maybe 2 million souls, more or less?

now, there's 7 billion plus souls, more or less occupying the earth? agree?

so, what's the trajectory? got one?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

They found it 5 years ago....

FOund what? How does that explain the creation of the universe? They were trying to justify spending untold billions in a very stupid fashion.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gus
on the quamtum end of the spectrum, "things" pop into and out of existence almost instantaneously, no? that is, what is real is a product of creation. creation comes from nothing, right?

in other words, does the pattern of "what isn't" define the reality of what is? or not? it's a serious debate raging amongst the people who dare to enter into a discussion about the world of quantum mechanics.

Who designed the creation DUH ?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

Who designed the creation DUH ?

good question. in fact, it's an excellent question. thank you for asking it. maybe someone will stumble along, and stand before us and tell us how it is.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Gus

ok, to run the subject into a different direction, just for discussion, back in the day there was one Jesus, working for YHWH, the mighty War-God. the population was what? i have no clue, honestly. maybe 2 million souls, more or less?

He didnt work for God. He was God on earth working for us.

The trajectory revolves around the son. smile

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

He didnt work for God. He was God on earth working for us.

The trajectory revolves around the son. smile

ok. wonder when it might all begin? we know (and no offense) that xtianity hasn't ever been tried. agreed? it might work, given the right set of conditions? what set of conditions might that be? anyone know for sure?

der calvinistic theory/approach still works, that is god saves whomever he wants to save. do you disagree with that basic tenant?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
It is written. It will be done.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, forgive me for mentioning it, but you are welcome to buy landowner permits for antelope in Texas.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
so be it.

Page 7 of 37 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (219DW, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 51 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,287
Posts18,505,178
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.