Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
in general and on average, it good the discussion goes, no matter which direction it takes.

we know for sure or nearly so that there's 7 billion "Eaters" down here on the Earth.

we know that the various christian, muslim, and other religions are competing for membership on the earth.

we know the earth is a finite place or space. we know that, based upon NASA imagery, etc.

so, now that we know where we are, and what it looks like from afar, what to do next?

Get up in the morning.
Go to work.
Take care of our families.

yeah, yeah. and if enough income is earned, please pay your taxes to keep the IRS gun=toters away from your door. the IRS's sole responsibility is to ensure that the poor has gov't chits issued to them for their well-being. no?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Thousands of years ago, AS, He said His message of good news would be spread around the world. His miracles were seen by enough in the Holy Land to turn the Babylon of Rome and the mightiest army on earth toward the destruction of His Word and them. There was a reason He is alive and they have died. He even told us of naysayers like you. We know where you come from. You lean on your science, the science He made. He didnt want us to have scientific proof. If there were, even the stiff necked would believe. He doesnt need those without faith up there. As folks had faith as a little child in their parents, He expects the same from those He created if they want Him to provide for them. Did you, as a child, ask your parents for proof they made and cared for and would provide for you? They gave you life. He would give you everlasting life if you would trust Him as you once did them.

You nor anyone deserves PROOF. If you did He would provide it. None of us deserve it. He operates through the spirit. All of us have one. You have the choice of following it or the flesh- the physical if you wish. Beat your mighty chest and tell all you wish for proof. Then, wish in one hand and crap in the other.

It was written. It was done. Jesus died for all of us even you (but you deserve to see him leave the tomb). His word was spread over the world. A miracle was done before your eyes in your lifetime, that was promised ages ago.

Lean on your science and tell us it was a lucky guess by a bunch of itinerant goat herders. Now you know why He thinks as He does of the "wise". You are wise in your own eyes. You are blind because you want to be.

Aaron Hernandez was wise in his own eyes, and sadly, leaned on his own understanding.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/19/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
We dont presume, we know. Truth is, He told us so.

And what evidence do you have that your "source" is reliable?

Huge numbers of fulfilled prophecy; among other eveidences.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Miraculously unbelievable fulfilled prophecy. Let him with eyes see.
Amen.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
there ain't been no positive develpments since before the beginning of the christian order.

folks walking around w/ camels, donkeys and herding sheep, goats, etc.

there ain't nothing changed. people living in tents, residing under scattered trees during the heat of the day.

those members of the Great Satan, and the Little Satan, so what if they are driving Lexus,Mercedes, chevyies, fords, etc. they're all heathen anyways. so what?

would we be better served to move back to the 5 th century? what to do with all the excess population that resides in the mega=cities? the mega=cities? what is that, pray tell?

it's time for ldrshp to step forward. what if there isn't any? what then?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Gus

der calvinistic theory/approach still works, that is god saves whomever he wants to save. do you disagree with that basic tenant?

Whether one is christian or not, the instruction from the bible is clear to understand.
It does appear to indicate that God will not just choose people at random or at his whim.
Rather, certain obligations are required of a person by God, before he offers his grace.

with genuine sincere repentance for ones transgressions, being one of them.

Clear instructions.

That's so funny.

Salvation is by faith alone.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already .... He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:18, 36

Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God salvation to every one that believeth.... As it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:16-17

A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:28

For the promise ... was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. Romans 4:13

Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ. Galatians 2:16

The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith. Galatians 3:11-12

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Salvation is not by faith alone.

For you render to each one according to his works. Psalm 62:12
The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin. Proverbs 10:16

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14

I the Lord ... give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:10

When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul. Ezekiel 18:27

I will judge you ... every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Ezekiel 18:30

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Matthew 12:37

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Matthew 16:27

If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments. Matthew 19:17

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:41-46

He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. Luke 10:26-28

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29

Who will render to each one according to his deeds.... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified. Romans 2:6, 13

For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Corinthians 5:10

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:15

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? James 2:14

Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. James 2:17

Was not Abraham our father justified by works? You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rabab the harlot also justified by works? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:21-25

The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work. 1 Peter 1:17

I will give unto every one of you according to your works. Revelation 2:23

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. Revelation 20:12-13

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life. Revelation 22:14

If you are trying to convince the ignorant you might be successful. But the Bible student accepts all these verses and knows the rest of the story.

Hebrews 3:16-19
"For who provoked Him when they had heard? Indeed, did not all those who came out of Egypt led by Moses? And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Thousands of years ago, AS, He said His message of good news would be spread around the world. His miracles were seen by enough in the Holy Land to turn the Babylon of Rome and the mightiest army on earth toward the destruction of His Word and them. There was a reason He is alive and they have died. He even told us of naysayers like you. We know where you come from. You lean on your science, the science He made. He didn't want us to have scientific proof. If there were, even the stiff necked would believe. He doesnt need those without faith up there. As folks had faith as a little child in their parents, He expects the same from those He created if they want Him to provide for them. Did you, as a child, ask your parents for proof they made and cared for and would provide for you? They gave you life. He would give you everlasting life if you would trust Him as you once did them.

You nor anyone deserves faith. If you did He would provide it. None of us deserve it. He operates through the spirit. All of us have one. You have the choice of following it or the flesh- the physical if you wish. Beat your mighty chest and tell all you wish for proof. Then, wish in one hand and crap in the other.

It was written. It was done. Jesus died for all of us even you (but you deserve to see him leave the tomb). His word was spread over the world. A miracle was done before your eyes in your lifetime, that was promised ages ago.

Lean on your science and tell us it was a lucky guess by a bunch of itinerant goat herders. Now you know why He thinks as He does of the "wise". You are wise in your own eyes. You are blind because you want to be.

Nice diatribe, but you provided no evidentiary support for any of it.

In addition, you completely avoided my previous question, regarding why should we believe the theistic claims of these specific texts. How can you demonstrate they are authoritative? What can you offer for independent corroboration?

There are thousands of other god claims, why this one?

We know the text have been extensively redacted (rewritten), combined and changed over time. What we call 4 four gospels are all by anomalous sources, and all we have is copies, of copies, of copies, of copies. We even know some of the canonized books are out-and-out forgeries.

So before you can claim this book tells you the mind of God, you must first establish it's reliability. If you cannot do that, our beliefs are without basis.

And "Believe the Bible because the Bible tells you to.", is called Circular Reasoning.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Gus

der calvinistic theory/approach still works, that is god saves whomever he wants to save. do you disagree with that basic tenant?

Whether one is christian or not, the instruction from the bible is clear to understand.
It does appear to indicate that God will not just choose people at random or at his whim.
Rather, certain obligations are required of a person by God, before he offers his grace.

Clear instructions.

That's so funny.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already .... He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:18, 36

Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God salvation to every one that believeth.... As it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:16-17

For the promise ... was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. Romans 4:13

Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ. Galatians 2:16

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin. Proverbs 10:16

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14

I the Lord ... give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:10

When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul. Ezekiel 18:27

I will judge you ... every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Ezekiel 18:30

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Matthew 12:37

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Matthew 16:27

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:41-46

He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. Luke 10:26-28

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29

Who will render to each one according to his deeds.... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified. Romans 2:6, 13

For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Corinthians 5:10

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:15

Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? James 2:14

Was not Abraham our father justified by works? You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rabab the harlot also justified by works? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:21-25

The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work. 1 Peter 1:17

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. Revelation 20:12-13

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life. Revelation 22:14

If you are trying to convince the ignorant you might be successful. But the Bible student accepts all these verses and knows the rest of the story.

"For who provoked Him when they had heard? Indeed, did not all those who came out of Egypt led by Moses? And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.

ok. fair enough. and we know that Moses didn't enter. was he a non-believer? could have been, and he was the ldr while walking away from the Philistines and their technology that protected/controlled the coast?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thousands of years ago, AS, He said His message of good news would be spread around the world. His miracles were seen by enough in the Holy Land to turn the Babylon of Rome and the mightiest army on earth toward the destruction of His Word and them. There was a reason He is alive and they have died. He even told us of naysayers like you. We know where you come from. You lean on your science, the science He made. He didnt want us to have scientific proof. If there were, even the stiff necked would believe. He doesnt need those without faith up there. As folks had faith as a little child in their parents, He expects the same from those He created if they want Him to provide for them. Did you, as a child, ask your parents for proof they made and cared for and would provide for you? They gave you life. He would give you everlasting life if you would trust Him as you once did them.

You nor anyone deserves faith. If you did He would provide it. None of us deserve it. He operates through the spirit. All of us have one. You have the choice of following it or the flesh- the physical if you wish. Beat your mighty chest and tell all you wish for proof. Then, wish in one hand and crap in the other.

Aaron Hernandez was wise in his own eyes, and sadly, leaned on his own understanding.

AS doesn't even accept the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth claiming He is a myth. That is truly willfully ignorant to use a Bible term.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
there ain't been no positive develpments since before the beginning of the christian order.

folks walking around w/ camels, donkeys and herding sheep, goats, etc.

there ain't nothing changed. people living in tents, residing under scattered trees during the heat of the day.

those members of the Great Satan, and the Little Satan, so what if they are driving Lexus,Mercedes, chevyies, fords, etc. they're all heathen anyways. so what?

would we be better served to move back to the 5 th century? what to do with all the excess population that resides in the mega=cities? the mega=cities? what is that, pray tell?

it's time for ldrshp to step forward. what if there isn't any? what then?

Gus,
Put down the bong.

If you are not looking to move to Afghanistan, you already know the answer to this.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Miraculously unbelievable fulfilled prophecy. Let him with eyes see.
Amen.

Ok,

Let's hear your single best fulfilled prophecy.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus

Clear instructions.

That's so funny.

Right.

Since it's now commonly accepted by Bible Scholars that Moses did not exist, and The Exodus never happened.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

AS doesn't even accept the historicity of Jesus of Nazareth claiming He is a myth. That is truly willfully ignorant to use a Bible term.

You don't believe in any of the other thousands of religions.

I just go one religions further.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Thousands of years ago, AS, He said His message of good news would be spread around the world. His miracles were seen by enough in the Holy Land to turn the Babylon of Rome and the mightiest army on earth toward the destruction of His Word and them. There was a reason He is alive and they have died. He even told us of naysayers like you. We know where you come from. You lean on your science, the science He made. He didn't want us to have scientific proof. If there were, even the stiff necked would believe. He doesnt need those without faith up there. As folks had faith as a little child in their parents, He expects the same from those He created if they want Him to provide for them. Did you, as a child, ask your parents for proof they made and cared for and would provide for you? They gave you life. He would give you everlasting life if you would trust Him as you once did them.

In addition, you completely avoided my previous question, regarding why should we believe the theistic claims of these specific texts. How can you demonstrate they are authoritative? What can you offer for independent corroboration?

We know the text have been extensively redacted (rewritten), combined and changed over time. What we call 4 four gospels are all by anomalous sources, and all we have is copies, of copies, of copies, of copies. We even know some of the canonized books are out-and-out forgeries.

So before you can claim this book tells you the mind of God, you must first establish it's reliability. If you cannot do that, our beliefs are without basis.

And "Believe the Bible because the Bible tells you to.", is called Circular Reasoning.

I never saw your post as i was busy typing. I will read it now.

I erred in my post when i said no one deserves faith and edited it to 'deserves proof'.

When you build something you get to dictate to it, not vice versa.

You aint the boss. The boss said no proof. The boss said have faith if you want to be saved. You dont have to. You can be your own boss, but you wont get saved. If He gave you proof everyone would know they have to do it or die. Then you'd be pissed at the boss about what he was making you do.

If i had proof i wouldnt show it to you. Everyone else has faith, if they want the good news.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/19/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

Clear instructions.

That's so funny.

ok. fair enough. and we know that Moses didn't enter. was he a non-believer? could have been, and he was the ldr while walking away from the Philistines and their technology that protected/controlled the coast?

Gus,

He didn't exist.

Just like the slaughter of the innocents never occurred, and the Romans never conducted a census requiring people to return to the place of their birth.

Heck,

The Gospels can't even agree upon the day of the Crucifixion.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I never saw your post as i was busy typing. I will read it now.

I erred in my post when i said no one deserves faith and edited it to 'deserves proof'.

When you build something you get to dictate to it, not vice versa.

You aint the boss. The boss said no proof. The boss said have faith if you want to be saved. You dont have to. You can be your own boss, but you wont get saved. If He gave you proof everyone would know they have to do it or die. Then you'd be pissed at the boss about what he was making you do.

If i had proof i wouldnt show it to you. Everyone else has faith, if they want the good news.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

Or, if you prefer the Latin:

"Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur"

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/19/17.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
there's a minor detail that keeps floating around the room. if one get's something, one has to do something? is that it? one has to believe if it can happen. to believe?

what if a human is a true human, but doesn't believe like the various catholic & protestant proponents? is he/she wrong, or just thinks differently? thinking differently removes one from salvation? is that the way it is? just asking.

i don't want to be removed from salvation because i think differently than the mainstream rank & file. is there anyone i can reach out to?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ask God in prayer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
The idea of proof flies in the face of "faith". When the "faithful" line up behind proof, I become doubtful. The same can be said for truth, reason, and logic.

Bump.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
there's a minor detail that keeps floating around the room. if one get's something, one has to do something? is that it? one has to believe if it can happen. to believe?

what if a human is a true human, but doesn't believe like the various catholic & protestant proponents? is he/she wrong, or just thinks differently? thinking differently removes one from salvation? is that the way it is? just asking.

i don't want to be removed from salvation because i think differently than the mainstream rank & file. is there anyone i can reach out to?

Ask the Muslims.

According to their beliefs, if you don't believe like them you loose salvation.

Heck, they might even be nice enough to give you a Semtex vest so you can assure your life in paradise with 72 white grapes.

Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

192 members (3333vl, 308ld, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, 35, 22 invisible), 1,604 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,912
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.