Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Thousands of years ago, AS, He said His message of good news would be spread around the world. His miracles were seen by enough in the Holy Land to turn the Babylon of Rome and the mightiest army on earth toward the destruction of His Word and them. There was a reason He is alive and they have died. He even told us of naysayers like you. We know where you come from. You lean on your science, the science He made. He didn't want us to have scientific proof. If there were, even the stiff necked would believe. He doesnt need those without faith up there. As folks had faith as a little child in their parents, He expects the same from those He created if they want Him to provide for them. Did you, as a child, ask your parents for proof they made and cared for and would provide for you? They gave you life. He would give you everlasting life if you would trust Him as you once did them.

You nor anyone deserves faith. If you did He would provide it. None of us deserve it. He operates through the spirit. All of us have one. You have the choice of following it or the flesh- the physical if you wish. Beat your mighty chest and tell all you wish for proof. Then, wish in one hand and crap in the other.

It was written. It was done. Jesus died for all of us even you (but you deserve to see him leave the tomb). His word was spread over the world. A miracle was done before your eyes in your lifetime, that was promised ages ago.

Lean on your science and tell us it was a lucky guess by a bunch of itinerant goat herders. Now you know why He thinks as He does of the "wise". You are wise in your own eyes. You are blind because you want to be.

Nice diatribe, but you provided no evidentiary support for any of it.

In addition, you completely avoided my previous question, regarding why should we believe the theistic claims of these specific texts. How can you demonstrate they are authoritative? What can you offer for independent corroboration?

There are thousands of other god claims, why this one?

We know the text have been extensively redacted (rewritten), combined and changed over time. What we call 4 four gospels are all by anomalous sources, and all we have is copies, of copies, of copies, of copies. We even know some of the canonized books are out-and-out forgeries.

So before you can claim this book tells you the mind of God, you must first establish it's reliability. If you cannot do that, our beliefs are without basis.

And "Believe the Bible because the Bible tells you to.", is called Circular Reasoning.

I never saw your post as i was busy typing. I will read it now.

I erred in my post when i said no one deserves faith and edited it to 'deserves proof'.

When you build something you get to dictate to it, not vice versa.

You aint the boss. The boss said no proof. The boss said have faith if you want to be saved. You dont have to. You can be your own boss, but you wont get saved. If He gave you proof everyone would know they have to do it or die. Then you'd be pissed at the boss about what he was making you do.

If i had proof i wouldnt show it to you. Everyone else has faith, if they want the good news.

So which is it?

No one deserves proof, or you have proof due to prophecy?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

For you render to each one according to his works. Psalm 62:12
The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin. Proverbs 10:16

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14

I the Lord ... give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:10

When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul. Ezekiel 18:27

I will judge you ... every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Ezekiel 18:30

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Matthew 12:37

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Matthew 16:27

If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments. Matthew 19:17

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:41-46

He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. Luke 10:26-28

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29

Who will render to each one according to his deeds.... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified. Romans 2:6, 13

For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Corinthians 5:10

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:15

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? James 2:14

Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. James 2:17

Was not Abraham our father justified by works? You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rabab the harlot also justified by works? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:21-25

The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work. 1 Peter 1:17

I will give unto every one of you according to your works. Revelation 2:23

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. Revelation 20:12-13

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life. Revelation 22:14 [/quote]

If you are trying to convince the ignorant you might be successful. But the Bible student accepts all these verses and knows the rest of the story.

Hebrews 3:16-19
"For who provoked Him when they had heard? Indeed, did not all those who came out of Egypt led by Moses? And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief. [/quote]

ok. fair enough. and we know that Moses didn't enter. was he a non-believer? could have been, and he was the ldr while walking away from the Philistines and their technology that protected/controlled the coast? [/quote]

Gus,

He didn't exist.

Just like the slaughter of the innocents never occurred, and the Romans never conducted a census requiring people to return to the place of their birth.

Heck,

The Gospels can't even agree upon the day of the Crucifixion. [/quote]

just the other day, read a posting about a chaldean archer assigned to the roman brigade in jerusalem. found and encountered a young hebrew girl. mary i think was her name. they became entwined, and a child was borne. maybe it was all circumstantial, i don't know. i wasn't there. but the record is available for scrutiny. maybe further research is needed?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Gus

der calvinistic theory/approach still works, that is god saves whomever he wants to save. do you disagree with that basic tenant?

Whether one is christian or not, the instruction from the bible is clear to understand.
It does appear to indicate that God will not just choose people at random or at his whim.
Rather, certain obligations are required of a person by God, before he offers his grace.

with genuine sincere repentance for ones transgressions, being one of them.

Clear instructions.

That's so funny.

Salvation is by faith alone.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already .... He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:18, 36

Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God salvation to every one that believeth.... As it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:16-17

A man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:28

For the promise ... was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith. Romans 4:13

Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ. Galatians 2:16

The just shall live by faith. And the law is not of faith. Galatians 3:11-12

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Salvation is not by faith alone.

For you render to each one according to his works. Psalm 62:12
The labour of the righteous tendeth to life: the fruit of the wicked to sin. Proverbs 10:16

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Ecclesiastes 12:14

I the Lord ... give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:10

When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul. Ezekiel 18:27

I will judge you ... every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Ezekiel 18:30

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:20

For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Matthew 12:37

For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works. Matthew 16:27

If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments. Matthew 19:17

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. Matthew 25:41-46

He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live. Luke 10:26-28

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:29

Who will render to each one according to his deeds.... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified. Romans 2:6, 13

For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 2 Corinthians 5:10

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. 2 Corinthians 11:15

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? James 2:14

Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. James 2:17

Was not Abraham our father justified by works? You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. Likewise, was not Rabab the harlot also justified by works? For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:21-25

The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work. 1 Peter 1:17

I will give unto every one of you according to your works. Revelation 2:23

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. Revelation 20:12-13

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life. Revelation 22:14

If you are trying to convince the ignorant you might be successful. But the Bible student accepts all these verses and knows the rest of the story.

Hebrews 3:16-19
"For who provoked Him when they had heard? Indeed, did not all those who came out of Egypt led by Moses? And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.

Right.

Since it's now commonly accepted by Bible Scholars that Moses did not exist, and The Exodus never happened.

Oh, so you have faith in those scientists who a few years ago discovered how a high wind could have parted the waters for Moses and his people. Of course, they neglected to explain why the wind would mysteriously pick up to the right speed from the right direction at just the right time and just thd right duration to let Moses and his crew through and then calmed down and caused the egyptians to drown.
Hey, they found a shallow shoal that got exposed in the wind proving it was explainable and therefore God didnt really part the waters. Ha. Your scientists, like those who predicted a 20 inch rise in the oceans by this time from 30 years ago.
The scientists John Bates, an acclaimed NOAA award winning one who denounced the global warming BS and chicanery.

AS, do you even know if your so called scientists were hired by Zero. You want to bet your life on a bunch of lying liberal progressive paid for dimocraps.

Yep. The wise lean on their own understanding. You were right again, Lord.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/19/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
just the other day, read a posting about a chaldean archer assigned to the roman brigade in jerusalem. found and encountered a young hebrew girl. mary i think was her name. they became entwined, and a child was borne. maybe it was all circumstantial, i don't know. i wasn't there. but the record is available for scrutiny. maybe further research is needed?

Gus,

There's at least 6 Mary's in the NT. It was a very common name, so it's no real surprise that a Roman soldier knocked one up. Heck it would be more surprising if the Roman Soldier were not taking an interest in the local girls.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
relax. there ain't nothin' happening to the vorld. it's all status quo, cope setti.

just wake up tommorrow, drive to work, pay your taxes, and come home to spend time with your family. god is with you, more or less.

just look around, you know you are in good hands. right?

let's don't change a thing. we're good. don't rock the boat.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
on the quamtum end of the spectrum, "things" pop into and out of existence almost instantaneously, no? that is, what is real is a product of creation. creation comes from nothing, right?

in other words, does the pattern of "what isn't" define the reality of what is? or not? it's a serious debate raging amongst the people who dare to enter into a discussion about the world of quantum mechanics.

Hey Gus,

The thing to remember is that science models how things happen, not why. You start with this and this and that and you end up here. Why it works that way we don't know, we just know that it does, every time. Why is pretty much irrelevant scientifically speaking. To paraphrase Feynman the question is probably meaningless.

Stuff popping in and out of existence? Don't know that happens. Best we can say is that the equations work better when we include that in the model.

Like dark matter. Someone measures galactic mass and angular momentum, plugs it into Newton's equations, and says, "That's funny, it doesn't work."

So plug in an additional figure for mass and the dang equations work again. We can't observe it directly so let's call it "dark matter." And hope it exists or we're really missing something "bigly."

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Oh, so you have faith in those scientists who a few years ago discovered how a high wind could have parted the waters for Moses and his people. Of course, they neglected to explain why the wind would mysteriously pick up to the right speed from the right direction at just the right time and just thd right duration to let Moses and his crew through and then calmed down and caused the egyptians to drown.
Hey, they found a shallow shoal that got exposed in the wind proving it was explainable and therefore God didnt really part the waters. Ha. Your scientists, like those who predicted a 20 inch rise in the oceans by this time from 30 years ago.
The scientists John Bates, an acclaimed NOAA award winning one who denounced the global warming BS and chicanery.

AS, do you even know if your so called scientists were hired by Zero. You want to bet your life on a bunch of lying liberal progressive paid for dimocraps.

William G. Dever 'What Remains of the House That Albright Built?,' in George Ernest Wright, Frank Moore Cross, Edward Fay Campbell, Floyd Vivian Filson (eds.) The Biblical Archaeologist, American Schools of Oriental Research, Scholars Press, Vol. 56, No 1, 2 March 1993 pp.25-35, p.33: 'the overwhelming scholarly consensus today is that Moses is a mythical figure.

And this predates Zero.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Thousands of years ago, AS, He said His message of good news would be spread around the world. His miracles were seen by enough in the Holy Land to turn the Babylon of Rome and the mightiest army on earth toward the destruction of His Word and them. There was a reason He is alive and they have died. He even told us of naysayers like you. We know where you come from. You lean on your science, the science He made. He didn't want us to have scientific proof. If there were, even the stiff necked would believe. He doesnt need those without faith up there. As folks had faith as a little child in their parents, He expects the same from those He created if they want Him to provide for them. Did you, as a child, ask your parents for proof they made and cared for and would provide for you? They gave you life. He would give you everlasting life if you would trust Him as you once did them.

You nor anyone deserves faith. If you did He would provide it. None of us deserve it. He operates through the spirit. All of us have one. You have the choice of following it or the flesh- the physical if you wish. Beat your mighty chest and tell all you wish for proof. Then, wish in one hand and crap in the other.

It was written. It was done. Jesus died for all of us even you (but you deserve to see him leave the tomb). His word was spread over the world. A miracle was done before your eyes in your lifetime, that was promised ages ago.

Lean on your science and tell us it was a lucky guess by a bunch of itinerant goat herders. Now you know why He thinks as He does of the "wise". You are wise in your own eyes. You are blind because you want to be.

In addition, you completely avoided my previous question, regarding why should we believe the theistic claims of these specific texts. How can you demonstrate they are authoritative? What can you offer for independent corroboration?

We know the text have been extensively redacted (rewritten), combined and changed over time. What we call 4 four gospels are all by anomalous sources, and all we have is copies, of copies, of copies, of copies. We even know some of the canonized books are out-and-out forgeries.

So before you can claim this book tells you the mind of God, you must first establish it's reliability. If you cannot do that, our beliefs are without basis.

And "Believe the Bible because the Bible tells you to.", is called Circular Reasoning.

I erred in my post when i said no one deserves faith and edited it to 'deserves proof'.

You aint the boss. The boss said no proof. The boss said have faith if you want to be saved. You dont have to. You can be your own boss, but you wont get saved. If He gave you proof everyone would know they have to do it or die. Then you'd be pissed at the boss about what he was making you do.

If i had proof i wouldnt show it to you. Everyone else has faith, if they want the good news.

So which is it?

I dont have the scientific proof you think you are so deserving of. I have the same proof as those in the Holy Land 2000 years ago. Proof enough for me in seeing the prophecies of the prophets from thousands of years ago and on through the prophecies given by Jesus having been fulfilled.

That would of course mean nothing to you, of course. If i predicted Apple stock would triple in a year and it did, you would predict it just a lucky guess. smile

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

William G. Dever 'What Remains of the House That Albright Built?,' in George Ernest Wright, Frank Moore Cross, Edward Fay Campbell, Floyd Vivian Filson (eds.) The Biblical Archaeologist, American Schools of Oriental Research, Scholars Press, Vol. 56, No 1, 2 March 1993 pp.25-35, p.33: 'the overwhelming scholarly consensus today is that Moses is a mythical figure.

And this predates Zero.

Too bad you werent around a hundred years ago when they found the missing link- which when later tested proved to be an ancient pig tooth.

You believe those scientists and see what it gets you. I choose to believe their Creator. Im betting they have cigar stains in their underwear.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So which is it?

I dont have the scientific proof you think you are so deserving of. I have the same proof as those in the Holy Land 2000 years ago. Proof enough for me in seeing the prophecies of the prophets from thousands of years ago and on through the prophecies given by Jesus having been fulfilled.

That would of course mean nothing to you, of course. If i predicted Apple stock would triple in a year and it did, you would predict it just a lucky guess. smile

So you don't have a best prophecy you can offer.

If you could repeatably predict the performance of stocks that would be a demonstrated phenomena to be examined. Like wise, it there we repeatable consistent prophecies in the Bible, that would be a phenomena we could examine, but, you couldn't even come up with one worth examining.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus,

There's at least 6 Mary's in the NT. It was a very common name, so it's no real surprise that a Roman soldier knocked one up. Heck it would be more surprising if the Roman Soldier were not taking an interest in the local girls.

Why do you believe there were Marys in the New Testament and yet reject the Central Figure of the New Testament? You're trying to convince those who believe there was no vigin birth by appealing to a rape for which there is no record.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And this predates Zero.

Again you find those whom you agree with and present here as though what they believe alters history. You are like the Jehovah's Witness who don't believe in Romans using crosses for crucifixion.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And this predates Zero.

Too bad you werent around a hundred years ago when they found the missing link- which when later tested proved to be an ancient pig tooth.

You believe those scientists and see what it gets you. I choose to believe their Creator. Im betting they have cigar stains in their underwear.

Once again, you are just showing your ignorance. H. haroldcookii never received general acceptance within the scientific community, and was disproved by scientist, and a retraction was printed by scientist.

Unlike science, religion is "from god", and "perfect", and as a result, cannot admit when it is wrong.

I'm still waiting for the biblical retraction regarding The Firmament.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And this predates Zero.

Again you find those whom you agree with and present here as though what they believe alters history. You are like the Jehovah's Witness who don't believe in Romans using crosses for crucifixion.

Unlike you, I follow the evidence. History is what it is, and you book of fables will not change it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus,

Why do you believe there were Marys in the New Testament and yet reject the Central Figure of the New Testament? You're trying to convince those who believe there was no vigin birth by appealing to a rape for which there is no record.

I did not say I believed they existed, but there are no less then 6 characters in the text with that name. In addition, if you would read a little more closely, I'm suggesting that if Gus's tale is true, there's no reason to believe it was a Mary associated with the NT. What's more likely that it was this one fictional Mary, or one of the thousand of other Mary's in the area? As for rape, that's YOUR WORD. All Gus said is they "became entwined". Why would you jump from that to rape?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/19/17.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you could repeatably predict the performance of stocks that would be a demonstrated phenomena to be examined. Like wise, it there we repeatable consistent prophecies in the Bible, that would be a phenomena we could examine, but, you couldn't even come up with one worth examining.

Consider Daniel prophesied, by name, who would 160 years later command the rebuilding of the temple while it still stood. The temple was not destroyed until about a hundred years later. You, chose in advance, the Bible is a collection of myths. No matter how many facts are shown to you, you will use a rescuing devise to protect your world view.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Gus
relax. there ain't nothin' happening to the vorld. it's all status quo, cope setti.

just wake up tommorrow, drive to work, pay your taxes, and come home to spend time with your family. god is with you, more or less.

just look around, you know you are in good hands. right?

let's don't change a thing. we're good. don't rock the boat.

Darn Gus, wrong again. Chitts happening. East is meeting west. Within 11 years Christ will have been here within 2000 years. 2000 years now, approximately since Jesus was born, buy the history of King Herods rule. 2000 years from Adam to Abraham and 2000 years from Abraham until Jesus.

6000 years from then until 2016-2027.

Trump has promised to keep Korea and Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

Zeros nuclear treaty with Iran promises we will defend their nuclear program from external aggression (Isreal). Another prophecy fulfilled in His saying when all nations turn against Israel it marks big trouble. Also, it has possibly come to pass that the Abomination of desolation has sat at the head of the house of Israel, if you consider israel his followers being the christians of the last christian nation on earth, the US, having had a moslem leader, or do we wait until a heathen sits on a throne in Jerusalem.

His word has been also spread to the 4 corners of the earth. Another sign of the end time as we know it.
All nations on earth have fulfilled Bible prophecy in turning against Israel, whether the Lord was referring to the nation of Israel or whether He was referring to all nations turning against all of the Israel He promised would be saved- the Christians.

You can watch the news and see things are coming to a head in the near future if you are the least bit familiar with the Scripture.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/19/17.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus,

I did not say I believed they existed, but there are no less then 6 characters in the text with that name. So, was it a common name, or did the authors just have no imagination?

The authors recorded the facts. Because you have difficulty with the facts doesn't change them.

Everyday Hunter
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i just read about stuff in my seeking. some believes what they read, and some folks only believe a part of what they read. it's all good. we have choices to make.\

a chaldean archer working for the roman occupation impregnated Mary? i have no clue. i don't. but there's words written about the subject. we can deny it if we wish. no problem. just deny it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus

Gus,

I did not say I believed they existed, but there are no less then 6 characters in the text with that name. So, was it a common name, or did the authors just have no imagination?

The authors recorded the facts. Because you have difficulty with the facts doesn't change them.

But can your authors and text be believed?

Again, many discrepancies, and they can't even agree upon the day of the Crucifixion. Anonymous texts, many forged, and all we have is copies, of copies, of copies.....

Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 52 invisible), 2,150 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,279
Posts18,505,091
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.