Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Gus
relax. there ain't nothin' happening to the vorld. it's all status quo, cope setti.

just wake up tommorrow, drive to work, pay your taxes, and come home to spend time with your family. god is with you, more or less.

just look around, you know you are in good hands. right?

let's don't change a thing. we're good. don't rock the boat.

Darn Gus, wrong again. Chitts happening. East is meeting west. Within 11 years Christ will have been here within 2000 years. 2000 years now, approximately since Jesus was born, buy the history of King Herods rule. 2000 years from Adam to Abraham and 2000 years from Abraham until Jesus.

6000 years from then until 2016-2027.

Trump has promised to keep Korea and Iran from developing nuclear weapons.

Zeros nuclear treaty with Iran promises we will defend their nuclear program from external aggression (Isreal). Another prophecy fulfilled in His saying when all nations turn against Israel it marks big trouble. Also, it has possibly come to pass that the Abomination of desolation has sat at the head of the house of Israel, if you consider israel his followers being the christians of the last christian nation on earth, the US, having had a moslem leader, or do we wait until a heathen sits on a throne in Jerusalem.

His word has been also spread to the 4 corners of the earth. Another sign of the end time as we know it.
All nations on earth have fulfilled Bible prophecy in turning against Israel, whether the Lord was referring to the nation of Israel or whether He was referring to all nations turning against all of the Israel He promised would be saved- the Christians.

You can watch the news and see things are coming to a head in the near future if you are the least bit familiar with the Scripture.

Here's just a short list of 242 times End Times Predictions were wrong:

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

AS,

You say you "follow the evidence." You seem to have some education and a scientific background.

You posted the video below and seemed to support the logic as you offered it up as support to one of your theses.

So, do you adhere to and support the logic shown in this video? You posted it and deemed it important to the discussion at hand.

Do you adhere to and support the logic displayed in the video?

A simple yes or no should suffice.

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If I told you to explain Quantum Physics, but insisted you use only grade school arithmetic, you would laugh at me and tell me to get an education first.

YOu are spiritually blind and insist on evidence you can see with your eyes.

You are spiritually ignorant.

Willfully so.

Spiritually ignorant, can you even define that?

And here's the math, simple enough for an 80 year old:

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Gus
just the other day, read a posting about a chaldean archer assigned to the roman brigade in jerusalem. found and encountered a young hebrew girl. mary i think was her name. they became entwined, and a child was borne. maybe it was all circumstantial, i don't know. i wasn't there. but the record is available for scrutiny. maybe further research is needed?

Gus,

There's at least 6 Mary's in the NT. It was a very common name, so it's no real surprise that a Roman soldier knocked one up. Heck it would be more surprising if the Roman Soldier were not taking an interest in the local girls.

Why do you believe there were Marys in the New Testament and yet reject the Central Figure of the New Testament? You're trying to convince those who believe there was no vigin birth by appealing to a rape for which there is no record.

I did not say I believed they existed, but there are no less then 6 characters in the text with that name. So, was it a common name, or did the authors just have no imagination?

The authors recorded the facts. Because you have difficulty with the facts doesn't change them.

New International Version
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning ....

Psalm 116:11 1 I said in my haste, All men are liars.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I opened your link to find, not prophecies from God's Word by foolish people claiming to know something. Like I've posted many times. You start from the position the Bible is myth from the beginning to the end. And yet you can not explain the origin of the natural laws. You can't appeal to the idea, that's just the way it is because that is arbitrary.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

If you could repeatably predict the performance of stocks that would be a demonstrated phenomena to be examined. Like wise, it there we repeatable consistent prophecies in the Bible, that would be a phenomena we could examine, but, you couldn't even come up with one worth examining.

Consider Daniel prophesied, by name, who would 160 years later command the rebuilding of the temple while it still stood. The temple was not destroyed until about a hundred years later. You, chose in advance, the Bible is a collection of myths. No matter how many facts are shown to you, you will use a rescuing devise to protect your world view.

Daniels dated to 180 to 200AD or even later.

It's not a prophecy when written after the fact.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Gus,

There's at least 6 Mary's in the NT. It was a very common name, so it's no real surprise that a Roman soldier knocked one up. Heck it would be more surprising if the Roman Soldier were not taking an interest in the local girls. [/quote]

Why do you believe there were Marys in the New Testament and yet reject the Central Figure of the New Testament? You're trying to convince those who believe there was no vigin birth by appealing to a rape for which there is no record.[/quote]

I did not say I believed they existed, but there are no less then 6 characters in the text with that name. So, was it a common name, or did the authors just have no imagination? [/quote]

The authors recorded the facts. Because you have difficulty with the facts doesn't change them. [/quote]

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning ....

Psalm 116:11 1 I said in my haste, All men are liars. [/quote]

ok, so god saves who he wants, and doesn't save who he doesn't want. am i understanding you correctly? if so, you might know a little about 5 point calvinism? if not, surely 3 point stuff?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

So your are resorting to threats?

Faith and threats. Is that all you have left?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I opened your link to find, not prophecies from God's Word by foolish people claiming to know something. Like I've posted many times. You start from the position the Bible is myth from the beginning to the end. And yet you can not explain the origin of the natural laws. You can't appeal to the idea, that's just the way it is because that is arbitrary.

I cannot explain, therefore Magic (or god(s)) is not an explanation and does not solve anything.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Ok, so god saves who he wants, and doesn't save who he doesn't want. am i understanding you correctly? if so, you might know a little about 5 point Calvinism? if not, surely 3 point stuff?

But if you are a Calvinist, in general, you believe God has already decided if you will be saved or not before he even creates you. You are saved or doomed before you've even taken your first breath because of how God's chosen to make you.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nah, just assertion from biased scholarship. Do your research, there is plenty of evidence and scholarship to support a much earlier writing of Daniel.

But, back to the video. I have not yet seen your response.

Are you going to respond or not?

If you could repeatably predict the performance of stocks that would be a demonstrated phenomena to be examined. Like wise, it there we repeatable consistent prophecies in the Bible, that would be a phenomena we could examine, but, you couldn't even come up with one worth examining.

Consider Daniel prophesied, by name, who would 160 years later command the rebuilding of the temple while it still stood. The temple was not destroyed until about a hundred years later. You, chose in advance, the Bible is a collection of myths. No matter how many facts are shown to you, you will use a rescuing devise to protect your world view.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49

AS,

You say you "follow the evidence." You seem to have some education and a scientific background.

You posted the video below and seemed to support the logic as you offered it up as support to one of your theses.

So, do you adhere to and support the logic shown in this video? You posted it and deemed it important to the discussion at hand.

If I told you to explain Quantum Physics, but insisted you use only grade school arithmetic, you would laugh at me and tell me to get an education first.

Willfully so.

TF,
That video wasn't my first choice. There's a better one out there I just couldn't locate on short notice that explains it better. But it serves the purpose of presenting the math at a 4th grade level for Gene.

As for your question, it's ill formed. Science is not a religion so there's not need to "adhere" to a belief.

As an example I do not "adhere" to Newtonian physics, like you may "adhere" to the book of Romans. Newtonian physics is a useful tool, but we also understand, thanks to Einstein, it's an incomplete model of that phenomena.

What I presented above is a mathematical model supporting the hypothesis of how our known universe could form form "nothing", but at this point it has not been experimentally verified.

At this point, I find the "Universe From Nothing" hypothesis as laid out by Lawrence Krauss the most convincing, but if it is experimentally disproved tomorrow, then it will fall to the trash heap of history along with Marxism.

But just because I can't say I absolutely know something is true, I feel no need to substitute Magic for the answer just so I can claim I do.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

This^^^.

Just a little prophesy that your grandfathers knew was impossible, was that Israel would become a nation and regain their homeland (3 times, actually). And by one vote they regained it in my fathers lifetime as the Bible predicted.

Then the Bible said for israel not to make treaties with their enemies as they would try to drive them into the sea. Then, the Lord fortold in the Bible how Isreal would be carried to safety as if on the wings of a eagle (the US). This happened in the 6 Day War, where by information provided by the US the Israelis defeated an attack by forces with ten times more troops, tanks and planes. But, you know, since the Lord had Israel fight for their survival in a physical manner and in hindsight we can explain how it happened you can profess it wasnt an act of God who You would require to have destroyed Israels enemy with lightening in order for you to believe He had a hand in it.

Tell me, AS, how many thousands of years people will be reading the good news about Moses never having really existed.

Good night.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What did I just post. You reject history to fit your preconceived idea.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I cannot explain, therefore Magic (or god(s)) is not an explanation and does not solve anything.

In other words you don't have an explanation. At least as a creationist I can appeal to Someone Who is adequate to create everything there is including the laws of nature.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

So your are resorting to threats?

Faith and threats. Is that all you have left?

AS, that shows what God thinks of those pieces of dust in the wind "scientists" who said Moses didnt exist. There is another scientist every day wanting to get his name on a piece of paper.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

At this point, I find the "Universe From Nothing" hypothesis as laid out by Lawrence Krauss the most convincing, but if it is experimentally disproved tomorrow, then it will fall to the trash heap of history along with Marxism.

In case you haven't noticed Marxism does have its adherence. So much foolishness to appeal to to reject God.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So, let me do a bit of interpreting. You admit this guy is wrong as can be.

Divides by zero and does not realize it is nonsense.

Also, note that this guy correctly (I think) describes nothing as nothing; no space, no mass, no light, no time etc, but then “…a small fluctuation occurs..” and presto, everything comes from “nothing” as a “small fluctuation” creates everything. More Magic Larry nonsense.

Oh, then this poor soul evidently believes that somehow “nature” can and did “find a way to divide by zero.”

I am at least glad you did try to put a little distance between and this poor old man.

Also, in other news, some folks think there may be as many as 7 Mary's in the NT. Somehow you think 6 is significant and then make more stupid and tasteless comment.

You seem to be in a mindless keyboard frenzy and need to slow down.

AS,

Willfully so.

TF,
That video wasn't my first choice. There's a better one out there I just couldn't locate on short notice that explains it better. But it serves the purpose of presenting the math at a 4th grade level for Gene.

As for your question, it's ill formed. Science is not a religion so there's not need to "adhere" to a belief.

As an example I do not "adhere" to Newtonian physics, like you may "adhere" to the book of Romans. Newtonian physics is a useful tool, but we also understand, thanks to Einstein, it's an incomplete model of that phenomena.

What I presented above is a mathematical model supporting the hypothesis of how our known universe could form form "nothing", but at this point it has not been experimentally verified.

But just because I can't say I absolutely know something is true, I feel no need to substitute Magic for the answer just so I can claim I do.

Last edited by TF49; 04/19/17.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

This^^^.

Just a little prophesy that your grandfathers knew was impossible, was that Israel would become a nation and regain their homeland (3 times, actually). And by one vote they regained it in my fathers lifetime as the Bible predicted.

Then the Bible said for israel not to make treaties with their enemies as they would try to drive them into the sea. Then, the Lord fortold in the Bible how Isreal would be carried to safety as if on the wings of a eagle (the US). This happened in the 6 Day War, where by information provided by the US the Israelis defeated an attack by forces with ten times more troops, tanks and planes. But, you know, since the Lord had Israel fight for their survival in a physical manner and in hindsight we can explain how it happened you can profess it wasn't an act of God who You would require to have destroyed Israels enemy with lightening in order for you to believe He had a hand in it.

Tell me, AS, how many thousands of years people will be reading the good news about Moses never having really existed.

Good night.

Please provide the reference for your prophecies so we can analyze the actual text as it applies to your claim(s).

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
So, let me do a bit of interpreting. You admit this guy is wrong as can be.

Divides by zero and does not realize it is nonsense.

Also, note that this guy correctly (I think) describes nothing as nothing; no space, no mass, no light, no time etc, but then “…a small fluctuation occurs..” and presto, everything comes from “nothing” as a “small fluctuation” creates everything. More Magic Larry nonsense.

Oh, then this poor soul evidently believes that somehow “nature” can and did “find a way to divide by zero.”

I am at least glad you did try to put a little distance between and this poor old man.

Also, in other news, some folks think there may be as many as 7 Mary's in the NT. Somehow you think 6 is significant and then make more stupid and tasteless comment.

You seem to be in a mindless keyboard frenzy and need to slow down.

AS,

Willfully so.

TF,

I wouldn't say he's "wrong as hell", just doesn't do the best job.

I also said "at least 6", some count even more than your 7.

As for the "tasteless comments", you need to re-read who wrote what. Ringman was making the rape allegations, not me. In addition was I clear that I see no reason to associate this "Mary" who was entwined with a Roman Soldier with a Biblical character.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

What did I just post. You reject history to fit your preconceived idea.

No.

I'm just better trained in the study of history than you.

Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 160user, 1minute, 22250rem, 12savage, 52 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,296
Posts18,505,329
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.