Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jaguartx
A billion people spending their lives throwing yellow, green and brown paints at a canvas wont come up with the pattern of flowers He made to live and grow over and over the same again and again.

He begets order, by intelligent design, not the disorder of happenstance. Happenstance does not create life.

Evolution is not happenstance. It has a selective pressure called Natural Selection.

If you think evolution is happenstance, you don't understand evolution.

You don't understand your own faith. Natural Selection was originally presented by a creationist who realized Something started this all. You appeal to nothing and come up with Natural Selection? How did this none existent Natural Selection decide what it was going to decide on when there was nothing to chose from?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
As for my original starting point, you are just wrong, and you know you are wrong.

I start with the scientific proposition that something greater than the effect was the cause.

Again, you are wrong.
If I push a single domino that topples a thousand, the effect is greater than the cause.

Also, you should google "butterfly effect".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hes saying that eventually eskimos will have hair like a polar bear. They are already getting shorter and barrel chested. The islanders will soon start growing fins for helping get abalone and pearls.

Dayom. It woulda been more efficient if Eskimos woulda already been covered in hair and islanders coulda kept their gills.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
A billion people spending their lives throwing yellow, green and brown paints at a canvas wont come up with the pattern of flowers He made to live and grow over and over the same again and again.

He begets order, by intelligent design, not the disorder of happenstance. Happenstance does not create life.

Evolution is not happenstance. It has a selective pressure called Natural Selection.

You don't understand your own faith. Natural Selection was originally presented by a creationist who realized Something started this all. You appeal to nothing and come up with Natural Selection? How did this none existent Natural Selection decide what it was going to decide on when there was nothing to chose from?

Once again you can't even keep your sciences straight.

Cosmology, geology, abiogenesis and biology are all separate fields of study.

Attempting to apply biology to cosmology doesn't work.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
As for my original starting point, you are just wrong, and you know you are wrong.

I start with the scientific proposition that something greater than the effect was the cause.

Again, you are wrong.
If I push a single domino that topples a thousand, the effect is greater than the cause.

I would prefer salvation, thank you, and google revelations.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Hes saying that eventually eskimos will have hair like a polar bear. They are already getting shorter and barrel chested. The islanders will soon start growing fins for helping get abalone and pearls.

Dayom. It woulda been more efficient if Eskimos woulda already been covered in hair and islanders coulda kept their gills.

I indicated no such thing.

Are you a Young Earth Creationist?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Again, you are wrong.

I would prefer salvation, thank you, and google revelations.

I'm familiar with Revelations. Is that supposed to be another threat?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am an Eskimo, I am quite tall, have little body hair and look nothing like a polar bear.

So there you go.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

RM, whats sad is that many like our friend and compatriot AS will never be able to be saved. He and others like him are excluded by God from a chance at salvation and are excluded from having a chance of eternal life. They arent allowed the chance to believe and have faith as we have, and are shut off with no chance. Unreal.

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A thousand dominos falling is nothing more than a single domino falling a thousand times. It matters not to the domino and the affect is exactly the same as the initial domino fall, only repeated a thousand times. It's the way that the dominoes are arranged that is dramatic in affect.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman

All humans are fools engaged in folly in Gods eyes, (yes that includes you.) This might be so, but how do YOU know this?

and why would a loving compassionate Jesus want weak misguided humans led astray? If you truly are searching for the answer to that, you very well may find it.

Isn't it the role of Jesus to gather the lost & scattered to his flock? Actually, given your terms, I think not.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49
So, let me do a bit of interpreting...

While on the subject of interpreting.... I recall from before the reason you gave for putting your faith in Jesus.
yet scripture indicates you have adopted Jesus in your life for a misguided reason, for you cannot plan to
escape the judgement of God by turning to Jesus. - Your premise seems fundamentally flawed.

Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by TF49

What about God’s “justice.” Will He not judge sin and will there not be a finalaccounting? ....
.... God made a way, Jesus’ death and God’s grace so we could escape the judgment.

2 Corinthians 5:10 AKJV

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body,
according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

Everyone having to appear before the judgement of Christ surely must be representative of being before the judgement
of God the father in Heaven. Thus rather than avoiding judgment by God through Jesus, it seems all people are corralled
into the compulsory judgement process before Gods own son.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
A thousand dominos falling is nothing more than a single domino falling a thousand times. It matters not to the domino and the affect is exactly the same as the initial domino fall, only repeated a thousand times. It's the way that the dominoes are arranged that is dramatic in affect.
Truth here according to physics - the initial effect has zero to do with each of the following effects. No magnification.

Antelope Sniper:
"Cosmology, geology, abiogenesis and biology are all separate fields of study. Attempting to apply biology to cosmology doesn't work."
Given that those are categories of scientific "study" formed and designated by man for the convenience of man's endeavors, the comment about "apply" very well may be true with regard to man's efforts. I have a hunch that a greater mind understands, relates and applies such factors in a very comprehensive manner - and that man's convenient categories may look puerile (at best) in comparison to the integration and understanding of the whole.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mark 11:

12 "And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
13 and seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon:
and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it."

- Why didnt Jesus just perform a miracle and make the out of season tree deliver him fruit?
- Why curse a tree just because it is following the seasons God created for it?
- How is it that God did not already know the tree was out of season and bare of fruit?
even the peasant inhabitants would know such fruit would be out of season.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
God overestimated his ability when he created man.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
All things make more sense to me with a little guidance from God. As I see it , Creation,Evolution,Quantum science-everything meshes together if I believe in a power that is not understandable. This is beyond our comprehension . God's gift of free will allows choose.I am follower of Jesus and when you believe in something greater it makes all choices easier.IMO

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
If I told you to explain Quantum Physics, but insisted you use only grade school arithmetic, you would laugh at me and tell me to get an education first.

YOu are spiritually blind and insist on evidence you can see with your eyes.

You are spiritually ignorant.

Willfully so.

Spiritually ignorant, can you even define that?

And here's the math, simple enough for an 80 year old:

Denying the existence of a Spiritual Dimension condemns you to Spiritual Ignorance.

The evidence is within you.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
So many will perish for the simple reason they will not ask God to fill their heart with the Holy Spirit if He does exist.
They dont want to have to change their ways.
They fear the truth and instead ask for proof, not even wanting to find it. Someday they will get their proof.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A S has commanded the ATTENTION of a half dozen members who are exactly his equal by any measure of importance.

Now, he can feel smug about "besting" them in an argument in which he has designated himself as the judge.

I'm gonna go search out some crappie and leave the "search for truth" or, perhaps more apt, mental masturbation, to those with nothing better to do.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 345dl, 40 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,205
Posts18,503,819
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.