Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I think that religion is a very personal thing.
Then why do Christians have to go around threatening their god will burn people for ever if they don't convert?
Christians do not have to do that - at all - neither necessary nor useful. Matters not to one who knows the difference between a supposed contemporary human threat and a Biblical truth.

Before you can call it a truth, you need to present sufficient evidence. Until then, it's just a Christian scare tactic.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49

As I said before, there are many judgments in the Bible. ...
I suggested you study up on the Great White Throne judgment...

Great White Throne is the judgement you plan to escape?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman

Who is judged there?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Who is judged there?

That depends on which Christian you ask.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You need to wait and see if you can first avoid the lake of fire at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You need to wait and see if you can first avoid the lake of fire at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Starman,

TF is trying to play a theological game with you.

You see, the Bible is full of contradictions, and Judgement is no exception to this. So, instead of admit their "perfect" book was written by different men and different times who contradicted each other, they claims instead there is not a single, but multiple judgement for different souls at different times. Of course the various denominations can't even agree upon who to interpret all the contradictions, so you will get different answers to TF's question depending upon which Christians you ask.

So he thinks he's winning a game of "gotcha" with you, but on this same subject, other Christians would think the same thing toward him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then why do Christians have to go around threatening their god will burn people for ever if they don't convert?
Christians do not have to do that - at all - neither necessary nor useful. Matters not to one who knows the difference between a supposed contemporary human threat and a Biblical truth.

Before you can call it a truth, you need to present sufficient evidence. Until then, it's just a Christian scare tactic.
Who would be scared, and what could any Christian gain from such fright?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Who would be scared, and what could any Christian gain from such fright?

Converts.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Starman,

TF is trying to play a theological game with you.

You see, the Bible is full of contradictions, and Judgement is no exception to this. So, instead of admit their "perfect" book was written by different men and different times who contradicted each other, they claims instead there is not a single, but multiple judgement for different souls at different times. Of course the various denominations can't even agree upon who to interpret all the contradictions, so you will get different answers to TF's question depending upon which Christians you ask.

So he thinks he's winning a game of "gotcha" with you, but on this same subject, other Christians would think the same thing toward him.

No, not playing a game. Just wondering if Starman might do his own research and develop his own understanding rather than to just accept whatever false ideas might pass his ears.

Also, there seems to be a great deal of uniformity regarding judgment in the "various denominations in my experience.

An atheist can read what some other atheist has said about the bible and come to believe that the Bible is has many issues with contradiction. I have found that most non-believers and avowed atheists very little of their own understanding about the Bible. They are susceptible to "borrowing" or "taking as their own" the opinions of others.

I have wondered much about the "last days" and found that when I did my own reading and study that I found myself in disagreement with other Christians who believe differently. This type of disagreement would not be a contradiction, just a failure to fully comprehend what the scriptures mean on a subject. The Bible is very clear on some subjects and not on others. Different interpretations of a set of verses may surface. While a subject for debate and discussion, this is also not a contradiction.

Proverbs 25:2 "..It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."

We are supposed to struggle and strive to understand the mysteries of God.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

There is no proof the sun will cast its light every day.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Who is judged there?

Wrong again. It depends on what The Lord said.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Hastings
I think everybody would be better served if believers did not engage non believers in acrimonious exchanges. With argument you have about as much chance convincing a fence post and you are driving a non believer into a corner. A better tactic would be to quietly make your case and then produce fruit in your own life that others can see. Too many people have had too many dishonest and faithless dealings with those who quickly validate their honesty by presenting themselves as Christians who wouldn't lie, embezzle, cheat etc and then proceed to do these very things. And we should all do like the Publican and stand afar off and pray "God have mercy on me, a sinner". Pray for these non believers. They are more than you can handle or win by force of argument. But He can convince. Pray for non believers, go into your closet and pray. I have a family member who was a preaching, recruiting, evangelizing atheist, and due to a work the Lord did in his life he now is a powerful voice and real example for the Lord and fills in as a lay preacher in his fundamentalist independent Presbyterian Church. Pray for these folks, do not berate or denigrate them. Be a friend and be an example that following Jesus produces something they need. There are plenty out there claiming to be Christian and the next thing that comes out is a lie or something hateful.Kind of gives Jesus a bad name when that is the introduction they get.

This^^

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have found that most non-believers and avowed atheists very little of their own understanding
about the Bible. They are susceptible to "borrowing" or "taking as their own" the opinions of others.

You conveniently failed to mention the many avowed Christians who just 'borrow' and parrot fashion
'taking as their own' the opinions of others.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The telling thing it seems is that many 24CF christians have read and followed this thread,
yet none of them have stepped in and supported TF49s 'escape from final judgement' theory.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Only the Bride will escape judgement because they are made perfect through Christs blood.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

The telling thing it seems is that many 24CF christians have read and followed this thread,
yet none of them have stepped in and supported TF49s 'escape from final judgement' theory.

well yes, but it kinda depends upon what he meant. to "escape" might mean to some that they are getting out alive, so to speak. for others it might mean that they got caught, they didn't escape. i don't know that's what the poster meant at all, but that's my version of attempting to understand what he said. not everyone uses the English language the same way. and most of the bible has hebraic & greek language roots, with maybe a dollop of latin and olde english thrown in for good measure.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Sorry, there are two camps, His and Satans. You take your pick.

Where in the Bhagavad Gita Quran is that written?
Ask your Iman.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Sorry, there are two camps, His and Satans. You take your pick.

Where in the Bhagavad Gita Quran is that written?
Ask your Iman.

Exactly.

Lots of Fundy Christian Imams right here.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Another member made a good point that Christians should use their personal testimony to spread the gospel.

DON'T DO THAT ON THIS FORUM UNLESS YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU REALLY DIDNT HAPPEN.😀

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570

DON'T DO THAT ON THIS FORUM UNLESS YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THAT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU REALLY DIDNT HAPPEN.😀

Why yell?

Pretty much goes for any post about any topic on any forum. Perhaps a bit more so when the claims are extraordinary and the evidence is not.

Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (3333vl, 44mc, 308ld, 10gaugemag, 160user, 257 roberts, 27 invisible), 1,707 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,213
Posts18,503,931
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.