Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 37 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 36 37
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
victoro - - - You know full well that I'm not trying to speak for/about all Christians. You know even better that I've not ever tried to tell you or others here what you should believe or how to live - period. Etc. - - -

You must live a very sheltered life.

And to say that you must be totally kidding, or completely misguided, or fully ignorant, or ridiculously presumptive, or - -

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"My wife told me, "Don't do business with Christians. They will cheat you every time."

I'll have to agree with your wife a little. My best friend is kind of a radical Christian (wasn't always) and won't do business with anyone but people who say they are Christians. He takes his vehicles to a local auto repair shop that is owned by a fine upstanding Christian he goes to church with. One time he got a bad oil leak on his truck and took it in for repair to this fine Christian mechanic. The mechanic told him he his oil leak was caused by a cracked exhaust manifold and suggested replacing BOTH exhaust manifolds just to be safe. My friend decided it was way too costly to repair the oil leak and just put a drip pan under his engine. When my friend told me about the cracked exhaust manifold theory I told him his mechanic was a liar and a thief but he didn't believe me. I took a look at his truck and found out the oil pressure sender was leaking. I helped him replace the sending unit and no more oil leak. As far as I know my friend is still using this mechanic because he's a fine Christian.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoping you won't always be an arrogant, condescending, conceited, sanctimonious and self righteous jerk. Maybe prayer will help, but I doubt it.

Ya sure got this man pegged wrong. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by milespatton
Hoping you won't always be an arrogant, condescending, conceited, sanctimonious and self righteous jerk. Maybe prayer will help, but I doubt it.

Ya sure got this man pegged wrong. miles

I don't know him personally. Do you? I can only form my opinion from his comments on this forum. I wouldn't want him as a friend based on his comments here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know him personally. Do you?

I do. As does many others here at the fire. miles

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wouldn't want him as a friend based on his comments here.

After reading all of His comments for the second time, and some more, I see nothing that should upset you this bad. Ya think that you might be thin skinned? miles

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I wouldn't want him as a friend based on his comments here.

After reading all of His comments for the second time, and some more, I see nothing that should upset you this bad. Ya think that you might be thin skinned? miles

Miles,

I'm sure your friend is a nice guy. He's just so immersed in his Christian world view he can no longer recognize his own condescension toward non-Christians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't know him Cccpersonally. Do you?

(I do. As does many others here at the fire. miles

Yeah... Paul is good people.(Paul as in CCCC, not St Paul).

Miles, apparently lots of guys, like Victoria, have not figured out that many of us do know each other personally.

Some of them close that door forever by the way they present them selves here on the forum. You know they figure on never meeting the people they trash talk to.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Curdog and milespatton (and others) see past the screen because face-to-face experiences enable them to know there are many good guys on the 'Fire. Some of these guys are among the best we meet in life, one benefit of this site.

The fellows like those in this thread who come to knock Christians and/or Christianity very well may be good guys in their day-to-day endeavors - I could imagine that very easily. However, the available insight to their nature is what they give in these posts.

There are lots of topics on the 'Fire and some folks enjoy discussing the posts about spiritual matters. Discussion is good but ridicule is something else. Many guys on here, me included, will not ridicule the differing religious beliefs or behaviors of others, or try to tell anyone what they should believe.

OTOH, when someone on here sets out to ridicule Christians for being Christians, they very well may encounter me on that journey and be faced with some questions/comments.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm sure your friend is a nice guy. He's just so immersed in his Christian world view he can no longer recognize his own condescension toward non-Christians.

Good grief,..Pot meet Kettle.!!!!!!!!!!!

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Good grief,..Pot meet Kettle.!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironic isn't it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AS, I'm actually not a real nice guy - too independent and prickly for that. But, I do love and deeply honor my friends and try to be as good for them as possible.

You are SO wrong. I do not have a "Christian world view". The world is not Christian, I don't see it as such, and also know that my views have zero impact on the world.

You know absolutely NOTHING about any condescension on my part - seems like you are scrambling or simply trying to be nasty. Get real - if it were beneath one's dignity to interact with non-Christians, would he be having any discussion with you?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
AS, I'm actually not a real nice guy - too independent and prickly for that. But, I do love and deeply honor my friends and try to be as good for them as possible.

You are SO wrong. I do not have a "Christian world view". The world is not Christian, I don't see it as such, and also know that my views have zero impact on the world.

You know absolutely NOTHING about any condescension on my part - seems like you are scrambling or simply trying to be nasty. Get real - if it were beneath one's dignity to interact with non-Christians, would he be having any discussion with you?

Paul,

Again, I don't think you do intentionally. I'll take Gene and Mile's word that you are a good guy. As for being independent and prickly, that's just a western trait, and I have my share of those traits as well.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Paul,
Again, I don't think you do intentionally. I'll take Gene and Mile's word that you are a good guy. As for being independent and prickly, that's just a western trait, and I have my share of those traits as well.

Nice of you to reply in that way. Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Strange that on a thread that is titled "Consider this about Jesus", people talk about the Bible and their beliefs. Stranger that some, open and read this thread and then get offended about people talking about their beliefs. It would be so easy to scroll on by and not be offended. I guess that would be too simple. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles, that is a jewel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

such Christians understand the importance of defending their faith.

Defending what christians claim to be spiritual through a carnal form of defensiveness?
you have your wires crossed.

Those who attack and decry Christianity and Christians here are not bothersome or upsetting,

People who claim to be not at all bothered would not find the need to defend.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People who claim to be not at all bothered would not find the need to defend.

Now I don't go around trying to convert people but when asked I do answer, and this thread was a discussion about Jesus. Plainly marked as such in the title. Reminds me a lot of the current crops of blacks and snowflakes, that are always on the lookout for a reason to be offended. If the shoe fits... Not pointed at any particular person. miles

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I might be wrong, but some people are reaching out, while more, or less boosting of being a non believer.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I might be wrong, but some people are reaching out, while more, or less boosting of being a non believer.

Could be, but simply asking would be more productive. Or so it seems to me. miles

Page 32 of 37 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 219DW, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,153
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.