Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
2 days ago, Wheel to wheel, all in a row. Brilliant.

[Linked Image]

An A-10 Squadron's wet dream.

No need for low altitude work when we can deliver CBU 105's by the truckload from the B1.
https://youtu.be/AEXMHf2Usso

https://youtu.be/myuZUxS3Uww

That weapon is incredible

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Again my knowledge is limited. I do not see Asian soldiers as similar to Iraqis. My understanding is that the Norks execute the entire families of those who would surrender, or even fail. If your family is truly on the line, you will not stop.
I wouldn't give the Iraqis that much credit. If the Rag countries ain't executing the whole family and their pet goat, then they just haven't thought of it yet. The Koreans may be tougher and better though. The ROK Marines were some of the best fighters in Vietnam.

If China really gets on board we can starve them into submission. About the only thing I think is a possible (not plausible) threat from the NORKS is an EMP. I think if we really decide to get it on we'll wipe them out inside a week with no significant casualties to South Korea.

If that were so, why hasnt it been done, before he gets the nuclear capability, or is that what we are fixing to do?

How does a starving nation continue to have overpopulation? Regular folks cant be able to get good health care. How can they survive common illnesses along with starvation?

If Kim is a dead man walking and knows it, will he try and go out with a bang or sell out to keep his life and wife?
The big boys don't want the NORKS taken out.

They outbreed the famine. They don't survive common illnesses and starvation.

Who knows what Kim will do as it's difficult to predict the actions of the insane.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"35 miles to the DMZ. No artillery made can do that."

Damn, you are right. I just looked it up. I have been saying, on this thread and elsewhere, for years that the North could decimate Seoul with artillery. I have read that in articles and heard it on the radio for years.

But those cannons can't shoot 35 miles. WTF?
Why are these experts on tv talking about the artillery danger to Seoul, when there is none?

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Just got off a phone call with my cousin, Retired Senior Officer who was stationed in Korea for a while and my son who was in Korea last fall. Here are some comments regarding the Norks and their abilities...

1. Don't think the Norks will fight like the Iraqis. Much more dedicated to the cause.
2. In the event of an artillery exchange, Seoul will be reduced to ashes.
3. the nork's artillery is most certainly capable of hitting Seoul and that is where the problem lies.
4. By the time we could get rounds on nork positions, they would have been able to devastate Seoul .
5. We know where many tunnels are but we're not sure we know where they all are. Expect literally divisions of nork infantry to infiltrate the DMZ, via tunnels.
There's more but this should give some visibility to what we're talking about.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
War is profitable for those in high places. It has become unpopular and there is usually an end to a war. This constant conflict is still very profitable to those same people and the timeline is indefinite. Just keeping those coffers full or we'd be long gone.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The biggest anticipated cost of a North Korean artillery barrage in response to an attack would be the at least partial destruction of Seoul. But the volume of fire that the North can direct against the South Korean capital is limited by some important factors. Of the vast artillery force deployed by the North along the border, only a small portion — Koksan 170-mm self-propelled guns, as well as 240-mm and 300-mm multiple launch rocket systems — are capable of actually reaching Seoul. Broadly speaking, the bulk of Pyongyang's artillery can reach only into the northern border area of South Korea or the northern outskirts of Seoul.

https://www.stratfor.com/analysis/how-north-korea-would-retaliate

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by White_Bear
War is profitable for those in high places. It has become unpopular and there is usually an end to a war. This constant conflict is still very profitable to those same people and the timeline is indefinite. Just keeping those coffers full or we'd be long gone.

Wouldn't it be much easier to give them our grain, pull out our troops, and let them invade south korea, and maybe japan? Whatever they need as long as they spare us.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by White_Bear

Wouldn't it be much easier to give them our grain, pull out our troops, and let them invade south korea, and maybe japan? Whatever they need as long as they spare us.
Throw in the Kardashian women and Kaitlyn too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe china would like the Philippines, and russia could have the ukraine too. But we'd be safe right?

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Just got off a phone call with my cousin, Retired Senior Officer who was stationed in Korea for a while and my son who was in Korea last fall. Here are some comments regarding the Norks and their abilities...

1. Don't think the Norks will fight like the Iraqis. Much more dedicated to the cause.
2. In the event of an artillery exchange, Seoul will be reduced to ashes.
3. the nork's artillery is most certainly capable of hitting Seoul and that is where the problem lies.
4. By the time we could get rounds on nork positions, they would have been able to devastate Seoul .
5. We know where many tunnels are but we're not sure we know where they all are. Expect literally divisions of nork infantry to infiltrate the DMZ, via tunnels.
There's more but this should give some visibility to what we're talking about.

I have a coupla' INERT examples of the round / projo that the mossy old M 107 bugger tossed 21 miles with conservative charges.
They look like scaled up 168 gr SMKs, scaled up, bore riders, with a combo delrin and copper driving bands are just slicker than snot.

Will cut right to the chase here with an excerpt, and follow with a link to the M 107's whole banana in closing.

The M107 was also used by the Israel Defense Forces in the various Arab–Israeli conflicts from the Yom Kippur War on. During the Yom Kippur War it was one of the few weapons able to destroy Egyptian and Syrian anti-aircraft missile positions. Of the 15 SA-2 batteries lost by Egypt on the east bank of the Suez Canal, 13 were destroyed by M107s. When the IDF crossed the Suez Canal in Operation Gazelle, M107 SP guns were among the first to cross together with tanks and APC's. M107s also had sufficient range to hit the Syrian capital of Damascus.
When these guns were outranged by rocket fire from Tyre, they were upgraded with the addition of extended range, full-bore ammunition and new powder supplied by Gerald Bull's Space Research Corporation. This allowed operations over 50 km with increased accuracy. The IDF acquired over 200 vehicles.[9] In IDF service, the M107 is known as the Romach (spear or lance).

Lemme just opine that it's pretty common knowledge that ole Gerald Bull would work for, and sell his taper bore, duplex charged artillery tech to the highest bidder,...and their politics did not enter into the equation. In a word, the SOB would and could have sold to the Kim dynasty,.....and as well, his formulae and equations were floating around the arms trade world for years after his own particular expiry date.

Those guns deeply dug in on the NORK side CAN hit Seoul,...take that to the BANK.

Knowing where they are is one thing,....being able to take them out with any great ease, QUITE another. As I've mentioned before, attacking that system is commonly discussed in terms of MEGATONS of energy, whether conventional or nuke.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M107_self-propelled_gun

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe china would like the Philippines, and russia could have the ukraine too. But we'd be safe right?
Personally, I'd just give them Alaska. Y'all have all that crime up there what with the raging Eskimos and suchlike and now we've got all these windmills and don't really need the oil. Give Putin Alaska and let Kanye go along with the Kardashians to put on his minstrel shows for Putin. He has that line of clown clothes he went bankrupt on, maybe he can revive that and the Rooskies will go for it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

MOLON LABE

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Personally, I'd just give them Alaska. Y'all have all that crime up there what with the raging Eskimos and suchlike and now we've got all these windmills and don't really need the oil. Give Putin Alaska and let Kanye go along with the Kardashians to put on his minstrel shows for Putin. He has that line of clown clothes he went bankrupt on, maybe he can revive that and the Rooskies will go for it.

Only if he takes Kookafornia,Orygun and Warshington with it as a package deal. Just imagine Big Stick with a RUssian passport.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks Aces and Cross for the links. Lots of great information there.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Think the question is if he or his generals have actually put together a real plan to attack SK, or just blustered about it - and does he have a delivery method ready for a nuke.

Only they know for sure, but if their nukes are so far just laboratory weapons, they may have a hard time setting one off in the field. Even dropping from an airplane isn't a trivial issue, and any plane headed south from NK is going to get shot to hell the moment it crosses the DMZ.

odds are he does have a bunch of nerve gas loaded on artillery shells, and they could kill a bunch of people. frown

They could load nukes onto cargo ships, sail them into our ports and explode them.

Last edited by ConradCA; 04/30/17.

[Linked Image from ]
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ConradCA
...They could load nukes onto cargo ships, sail them into our ports and explode them.

I suspect every vessel leaving a NK port is monitored and would be sunk if it got within 1,000 miles of our coast.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Damn, you are right. I just looked it up. I have been saying, on this thread and elsewhere, for years that the North could decimate Seoul with artillery. I have read that in articles and heard it on the radio for years.

Why are these experts on tv talking about the artillery danger to Seoul, when there is none?

Except for this 170mm piece. 60 KM max range. It was developed in NK specifically for that purpose. Koksan M-1978 170 mm artillery piece

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Armednfree; 05/01/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Except for this 170mm piece. 60 KM max range. It was developed in NK specifically for that purpose. Koksan M-1978 170 mm artillery piece

[Linked Image]

Yeah but that is 27 miles , they have to go 35. How many of these weapons and how many shots do they get off before they are destroyed?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Counter-battery fire FTW.

Folks seem to think the US and S. Koreans will just sit there while being shelled.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,276
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.