Print Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx

And was accepted into a 4 year doctorate program at a major university after 3 years of pre-med. I was accepted a year early, before even completing my under grad degree. I was awarded an honorary bachelors degree in order for to award my Doctors degree.

All this was after completing a scientific course in Comparative Anatomy, no less.

Then how is it you seem so unaware of what the theory of Evolution claims? I get that you don't believe that Evolution is real but If you don't get the claims right, how can you argue against Evolution with any semblance of intelligence?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Oh, youre talking science, which cant produce an amoeba. Right? Those who cant produce an eyelash.

But then again, neither has any religion, including Christianity, produced an amoeba. Praying one into existence would be very cool. I've a sealed, sterile Petri dish. Pray one into it if you can.

Last edited by carbon12; 05/01/17. Reason: uuuuurp
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Im a scientist. I know how it happened, bro. We had all these gasses and chemicals (just the right mix, of course) and elements. And then, you know, when all this chitt was lined up just right there was this bolt of fuggin lightening and suddenly
There was this little critter with DNA, cell walls, mitochondria, cell walls, ribosomes , etc and on top of that, it had, something weird that had never existed before. It was invisible. It had something nothing in history had ever had. It had Life. And, and this life wanted to make a long and arduous journey millions of years down the road, so it could become an ashes to ashes and dust to dust, AS.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by carbon12
Oh, youre talking science, which cant produce an amoeba. Right? Those who cant produce an eyelash.

But then again, neither has any religion, including Christianity, produced an amoeba. Praying one into existence would be very cool.

HE did.

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

But then again, neither has any religion, including Christianity, produced an amoeba. Praying one into existence would be very cool.

HE did.

See my edit above. Just because you said "He did" does not make it so.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Im a scientist. I know how it happened, bro. We had all these gasses and chemicals (just the right mix, of course) and elements. And then, you know, when all this chitt was lined up just right there was this bolt of fuggin lightening and suddenly
There was this little critter with DNA, cell walls, mitochondria, cell walls, ribosomes , etc and on top of that, it had, something weird that had never existed before. It was invisible. It had something nothing in history had ever had. It had Life. And, and this life wanted to make a long and arduous journey millions of years down the road, so it could become an ashes to ashes and dust to dust, AS.

Are you eyeball? You remind me of him.

How is it you seem unaware that the theory of Evolution has nothing to say about first life.

What science are you a scientist for?

Petri dish is still empty and sterile.

Last edited by carbon12; 05/01/17. Reason: uuuuurp
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some christians were praying in the African section not long ago, thinking that it would change the reality that the deceased
was being digested by a crocodile. How did that work out?...anyone that naive may as well believe in rain dances... whistle

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Unicellular structures had never existed before. Life had never existed before. Viola, i think a big figgin bang happened and created both at the same fuggin time and same fuggin microscopic spot in the whole fuggin universe.

Us scientists can feed that idea to the great unwashed and, without thinking, it will become the idea of the universe.

Ha. You talk about fuggin gullible.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Ha. This chitt blew up and we ended up with dna and ribonucleac acid inside this fuggin mucopolysacharride cell wall. Suddenly, explosions create order and symmetry. Explosions put things together in an order rather than destroying things and causing destruction and disorder. Yeah.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ha. This chitt blew up and we ended up with dna and ribonucleac acid inside this fuggin mucopolysacharride cell wall.
Suddenly, explosions create order and symmetry.
Explosions put things together in an order rather than destroying things and causing destruction and disorder. Yeah.

Explosions in the universe can and do contribute to a stable order.

Elements, from carbon to iron, were formed by fusion reactions in the cores of stars. Some elements involve neutron capture. A nuclei can capture
or fuse with a neutron because the neutron is electrically neutral and, therefore, not repulsed like the proton. Each neutron capture produces an
isotope, some of which are stable.

The sun which we rely on, is actually conducting nuclear fusion explosions to supply us with a relatively stable reliable supply of energy.
without those explosions which you consider of no value, you are screwed.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Are you eyeball? You remind me of him.

How is it you seem unaware that the theory of Evolution has nothing to say about first life.

What science are you a scientist for?

Petri dish is still empty and sterile.

C12,

You could be right.

He does sound like that banned racist.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jaguartx: I believe I would let them go their way and not entertain them anymore. Let life work on them awhile. If they don't come around it won't be your fault. You have said all you can say. They are sneering and having fun. You have done all you can do. I do not believe arguing at this point is accomplishing anything at all. We can and should pray earnestly for this situation. Remember Matthew 5:16, "Let your light shine". Who knows there may come a day when they "glorify your Father which is in heaven".

On a side note I believe that a lot of people's atheism and agnosticism comes from their observations of the charlatans, quacks, and money grubbing hypocrites that have represented themselves as christian holy men over the centuries and right on up until today. Nothing new with that. These are the very people that pushed Pilate into executing Jesus (after Pilate judged him NOT GUILTY) and represented themselves as the finest holy men of God and were the church leaders of their day. It is easy to see how a person could look at these greedy fakes today and say, I do not want anything to do with this. That can happen if a person doesn't take time himself to read what Jesus had to say to the generation he visited in person. There are some parts of the Bible that are rather extraneous but I take very seriously Jesus' words. And God, and John the Baptist.

;

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
So, if you came from an ape, you came from an amoeba. So, how many millions of genetic mutations led to higher, more complicated, efficient life forms which ended up with you. You gotta be chitting me.
Mutations are screw ups- not new species with physical or mental advancements.

Whether it be a calf or kid with two heads or stomachs or hearts, its of the same species and not an organism that passes on its traits that become common.

https://realtruth.org/articles/090806-002-science.html

Here's a simple example for you.

Yeast cells can divide every 5 minutes. That's 300 generations everyday. In about a day one yeast cell can result in 2.037036e+90 yeast cells.

That's a lot of opportunities for mutation, and that's just one day. Now consider the billion of years the forces of natural selections had to operate.

Have you decided if the earth is thousands of billions of years old yet?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

C12,

You could be right.

He does sound like that banned racist.

Yeah, the similarities are getting more overt lately. Not so much racist but exhibiting two online personas. There is the somewhat rational personae and that of a blathering bar drunk.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jaguartx: I believe I would let them go their way and not entertain them anymore.

Shush.

Besides, your advice will just fall on deaf ears.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by CCCC

Another hint - trying to tell someone what they are "implying" is hardly different from telling them what they are "thinking",

Words spoken or written convey what people are implying, but your crazy wacko mind calls it 'mind reading'.
best you educate yourself on the difference. but as I said ,too much goofy mythology and not enough practical real world education is your problem.

Starman - here's the new look. You must be more dense in the head than your usual nastybaiters who seek enjoyment by trying to offend others. To "imply" is to "hint' or "suggest" without direct statement. In order to conjure any specific implication from that, the receiver must "infer" the meaning - that would be you and your mind reading inferences.

Your phony mind reading is further illuminated by the fact that you know nothing whatsoever about me, but yet are so silly as to state that goofy mythology and lack of real world education is my problem. Where did you buy the supernatural power to discern the knowledge content and ostensible problems of a person you know not at all?

In the same vein, and from what you have implied, one must infer that you are a self-loathing, very unhappy and sadistic individual that can gain joy only by claiming super qualities you do not possess and by trying to offend those unlike you. No whacko mind involved - you implied it all.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman

Another hint - trying to tell someone what they are "implying" is hardly different from telling them what they are "thinking",

Words spoken or written convey what people are implying, but your crazy wacko mind calls it 'mind reading'.
best you educate yourself on the difference. but as I said ,too much goofy mythology and not enough practical real world education is your problem.

Starman - here's the new look. You must be more dense in the head than your usual nastybaiters who seek enjoyment by trying to offend others. To "imply" is to "hint' or "suggest" without direct statement. In order to conjure any specific implication from that, the receiver must "infer" the meaning - that would be you and your mind reading inferences.

Your phony mind reading is further illuminated by the fact that you know nothing whatsoever about me, but yet are so silly as to state that goofy mythology and lack of real world education is my problem. Where did you buy the supernatural power to discern the knowledge content and ostensible problems of a person you know not at all?

In the same vein, and from what you have implied, one must infer that you are a self-loathing, very unhappy and sadistic individual that can gain joy only by claiming super qualities you do not possess and by trying to offend those unlike you. No whacko mind involved - you implied it all.

Paul,

Do you have one PHD, or Two, or is it One PHD and an MD?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh jeez, here we go again, and it just goes on and on and on.

the facts are: according to the theologians, the anthropologists, the philosophers, the psychologists, the physicists, the astro-biologists, and various others is the true commonality: we don't know where we are, we don't know from whence we came, and most certainly we don't know where we are headed next.

once we can find common ground, if ever, then the skies might open, the sun shines in, and folks can dance happily around the maypole. until then, it's just discussion, negotiation, and speculation.

i'd like to see some ldrshp. it appears to be in rather short supply. but life does go on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=Starman][quote=CCCC
- trying to tell someone what they are "implying" is hardly different from telling them what they are "thinking",

again, christians have implied through written or spoken words, no 'mind reading' (as you keep foolishly suggesting) was involved.

to put it simply, Reading words is NOT reading minds. . yet you keep foolishly insisting it is.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus
oh jeez, here we go again, and it just on and on and on.

the facts are: according to the theologians, the anthropologists, the philosophers, the psychologists, the physicists, the astro-biologists, and various others is the true commonality: we don't know where we are, we don't know from whence we came, and most certainly we don't know where we are headed next.

once we can find common ground, if ever, then the skies might open, the sun shines in, and folks can dance happily around the maypole. until then, it's just discussion, negotiation, and speculation.

i'd like to see some ldrshp. it appears to be in rather short supply. but life does go on.

Gus,

You forgot Astrologers.

Page 35 of 37 1 2 33 34 35 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (10ring1, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 163bc, 10Glocks, 31 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,947
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.