Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I haven't seen a single round of 22 rimfire in our Wally in years. You are blessed!

Same here. They sell guns but very little ammo and haven't seen ammo in a LONG time.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
I got sack full at Cabelas last week. No restrictions but they didn't have everything I wanted yet. It was a good feeling anyway.

When I was there a week ago they did have some cheap Remingtons which I don't like, but all the other stuff was still 9 to 11 cents around. Still no deals as far as I'm concerned. I've paid 10 cents per round when it was tough to find, But there is plenty now and they still want to rob us.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Does anyone actually shoot 22's, or are people still boarding it thinking they'll take on the UN someday with their 10-22's?

No.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven't seen a single round of 22 rimfire in our Wally in years. You are blessed!
Same here. We have two Walmart's that we normally go to, one about fifteen miles away and the other about twice that. Neither has had any .22 ammo that I've seen for years. I've been able to buy some at Walmart's that we go to once in awhile that are farther away, but one usually doesn't have it and the other one I'm thinking about, we seldom go to, so I wouldn't know. I don't need any, but it would be nice for Walmart's to have it once again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most shelves around here are pretty well stocked. Price hasn't come down though. About $35 for a 500ct box.

Havent been in a Walmart in a while so can't comment there.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They don't need a limit here the P O S store never has any! Self limiting I guess!!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
the new normal is 35-40 bucks a brick so its self limiting for me. gone are the days of just picking up 500 for 10 bucks and blowing through them without a thought

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None to be had at the Wal-Mart stores around here. I'll take this development as a good sign, though.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have not seen a box of 22 in a Wal-Mart around here in 4 years.....The early morning Hoarders still at work..

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Does anyone actually shoot 22's, or are people still boarding it thinking they'll take on the UN someday with their 10-22's?

No.

[Linked Image]

Looks like Wolf for the win....

Regards,

Tom
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
walmart here now has it, (still too high) and I saw the shelves were loaded at Cabela's, but the cheapest was still $.10 per shot. (that is still robbery in my opinion)

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been a while since I have asked, but the last time that I did, the local Walmart had .22 ammo but did not put it out where it could be seen. You had to ask for it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the store manager of the Super Wally World down the street told me recently, that he could not even order any .22 LR. Said that the warehouse sent an allocation, of a few boxes a week.

The shortage, contrived or whatever, is not over. Until you can walk into any retail outlet that sells sporting goods, and buy from a variety of brands, and pay a decent price, there will be a shortage.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yep, as recently as a month ago, I got laughs when I asked if they had any .22 rimfire at Walmart.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
All of our stores around here have loads of 22 ammo. Amazing how it suddenly appeared.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EdM
All of our stores around here have loads of 22 ammo. Amazing how it suddenly appeared.

I'll have to check them out next week.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The past few times we've shopped at Walmart they have had not a whole lot but some .22 lr in the locked glass ammo case behind the sporting goods checkout counter. They may have had more in the warehouse or stuck under the counter out of sight. I've had that happen a couple of times a good while back. A sporting goods store clerk went and got some from back in the warehouse once and another time a store clerk found a few single boxes stuck up under the check out counter.

The biggest problem I've seen at Walmart with trying to buy anything in the sporting goods dept that requires a store clerk to get it or must be paid for at that register is rarely ever is there a store clerk on duty at the sporting goods dept. and trying to get a one to show up within a reasonable time to take care of customers ordinarily becomes a waiting game. I've seen customers wanting to buy licenses and ammo wait 20 minutes and longer after asking other passing store clerks and ringing the need assistance buzzer and still no clerk.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the store manager of the Super Wally World down the street told me recently, that he could not even order any .22 LR. Said that the warehouse sent an allocation, of a few boxes a week.

The shortage, contrived or whatever, is not over. Until you can walk into any retail outlet that sells sporting goods, and buy from a variety of brands, and pay a decent price, there will be a shortage.

I can do precisely that here at Academy, Dicks and Bass Pro. Walmart is only carrying CCI.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Glad to see people shooting it. There never was a shortage from manufacturers. The only reason it was non existent is because people were stockpiling it thinking it was the apocalypse. Then the kid that wanted to shoot a 22 couldn't, because some nut had 20,000 rounds buried in his back yard.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Glad to see people shooting it. There never was a shortage from manufacturers. The only reason it was non existent is because people were stockpiling it thinking it was the apocalypse. Then the kid that wanted to shoot a 22 couldn't, because some nut had 20,000 rounds buried in his back yard.

With Obongo in office and sniffing about for more time staying there, the word "apocalypse" isn't too much of a stretch. Now, when a brick of really good ammo, say Tac22, or Wolf Match Target starts costing 45 bucks, or under, I'll start to believe this ammo shortage wasn't just a contrivance by manufacturers to get prices up.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,835
Posts18,478,075
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.