Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Allsup's Beef and Bean burritos

Ahh! The old Allsup's gut bomb!!! They are something to try! I highly recommend the Dumas Texas Allsups! Dumas!!! House fly capital of the World!! 😂😂. But the Allsups in Post is nothing to sneeze at! Excellent gut bombs!!

AlwaYs stop at Stripes in Falfurrias! Damn tamales there are not too bad either!! Nice and greasy!! Slide right down!! Dozen don't last long. About 18 miles!!!

Btw Stripes there is pronounced "Streep-pe's"!

Bob, best Tamales in TX are the ones from Pedro's Tamale Factory in Lubbock. Not a restaurant, just a drive through window. And it's just right off the loop as your driving through. You'll thank me after you try em. grin

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The chicken tacos are darn good as well.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Love me some Pedro's.....

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Allsups bean burritos, bugles, and a Mt. Dew. I can only hope that is my last meal on this earth!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The dried out fried chicken breasts under the heat lamp anywhere se habla Espanol are an acquired taste, dried out potato logs vary. Burritos, as noted, don't vary much throughout the day as they didn't have very far to fall anyhow.

No Stripes in San Antonio that I'm aware of, but I gotta give props to Valero's jalapeno sausage breakfast kolaches cool

Worst convenience store experience I ever had was just this side of Fort Stockton around 2am. I swear someone musta peed in the coffee, but it was 2am and my turn to drive and we was headed up 285 to Carlsbad and Artesia, wanting to be in Cloudcroft fer breakfast so I drank it anyways.

Pretty sure urine is sterile.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Because, I had one idiot travel with me ONCE to hunt that ate some sort of that $hit , and we stopped every 30 minutes for the next 400 miles never again !!!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mohick
Because, I had one idiot travel with me ONCE to hunt that ate some sort of that $hit , and we stopped every 30 minutes for the next 400 miles never again !!!

the stripes stores here have actual kitchens and make all kinds of food just like a restaurant, and its pretty damn good.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
^^^^^^This^^^^^

Plus all the chicks that work in Falfurrias store gotta ask me about my moustache!!! 😉

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
So Woody, do you offer them a free sample? Just a feel I mean. Not with fingers.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Well I try. But I think they only do it as they recognize my ancient harmlessness.

So they think!!

Founder

WS

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
oh, well, as long as you can still try. For me, it would be like the dog chasing a car, what could the dog do if he ever did catch it?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by wabigoon
oh, well, as long as you can still try. For me, it would be like the dog chasing a car, what could the dog do if he ever did catch it?

Understand too well!!!

Founder

WS

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The dried out fried chicken breasts under the heat lamp anywhere se habla Espanol are an acquired taste, dried out potato logs vary. Burritos, as noted, don't vary much throughout the day as they didn't have very far to fall anyhow.

No Stripes in San Antonio that I'm aware of, but I gotta give props to Valero's jalapeno sausage breakfast kolaches cool

Worst convenience store experience I ever had was just this side of Fort Stockton around 2am. I swear someone musta peed in the coffee, but it was 2am and my turn to drive and we was headed up 285 to Carlsbad and Artesia, wanting to be in Cloudcroft fer breakfast so I drank it anyways.

Pretty sure urine is sterile.

Birdwatcher

sausage in bread dough is NOT a Kolache. THats a pig in a blanket. FYI. Always chuckle when I see em labeled Kolaches... I've a couple of old czech recipes on Kolaches, they are almost all fruit filled with the exception of cottage cheese and poppy seed and they are NOT closed, they are always open topped...

Can't comment on how mexican food is to be though... none of those in our families and no clue whats right or not.... LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yeah! Go to Iowa and ask for a kolache the way we say it and watch the look you get!!😂

Founder

WS

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

160 members (1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 14idaho, 16penny, 26 invisible), 1,427 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,650
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.