Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm usually not a big veggie guy but I do love grilled vegetables. Onions, zucchini, and various colored peppers, with nice grill marks and locked in flavors always make my outdoor cooking plate complete. Does anyone have any methods or advice for cooking vegetables on the grill they are willing to share?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Toss with a small amount of olive oil, and grill. Asparagus is my favorite.

NRA Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like to brush portobello mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and then grill them. When done throw on a slice of swiss cheese and let that melt then serve on a toasted bun. As good as a burger. A thick slice of vidalia onion brushed with olive oil and grilled until soft is great on a burger.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Do you guys use foil wrap or a skewer right on the grates? Direct heat or on the non direct heat side?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dale06
Toss with a small amount of olive oil, and grill. Asparagus is my favorite.

Same here. My wife brushes them with olive oil, then puts course sea salt on them and pepper, and I grill them. My absolute favorite grilled vegetable.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I generally use this for mushrooms and green beans.

In a freezer bag add:
Olive Oil
chopped garlic
onion powder
salt & pepper

I lay them out on a broil pan from my toaster oven slide it in my traeger on smoke for a bit then crank up the heat to grill.

Honorary Gouger per Travis
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Starting using one of those flip-over grill baskets a couple years ago.

Better control of the food on the grill surface and no more losing some of it to the coals.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Asparagus is awfully tough to beat on the grill. I also like zuccuni, and sweet peppers. I'll cut them all into strips or rounds, mix with butter in a foil pack. Or, cut the same way, roll them in a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt of your choice.

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Asparagus with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and some parmesan

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Asparagus is awfully tough to beat on the grill.
And all the more when wrapped in bacon.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Do you guys use foil wrap or a skewer right on the grates? Direct heat or on the non direct heat side?

Most of the time I use "grill basket" for the mixture. For asparagus, I'll place a piece of foil on the grill, and put them on there or they fall through the grates.

A skewer would work nice as well.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just made some vegi kabobs the other day as a side with grilled salmon. I used red onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and eggplant (note eggplant takes a lot longer to cook than the other vegis) I brushed them with olive oil and then sprinkled on some salt, fresh ground black pepper and some Costco salt free seasoning. I started them ~10 minutes before the salmon and would rotate them every 4-5 min on the grill. I'm not a huge vegi fan, but they came out great.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
This is going to sound silly but a couple years ago I screwed up and accidentally bought too many bell pepper plants.

68 of them to be exact. blush

I had to get creative on what to do with all the green peppers so I started slicing them into little canoe shaped pcs and marinaded them in sweet baby rays bbq sauce and then grilled them over charcoal.

They turn out delicious.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I slice zucchini length wise toss in a bag with olive oil and a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs spice. I use direct medium high heat and place them directly on the hot grates, flipping once. My favorite is roasted red peppers. Place them whole on a hot grill until they're just about all black. Remove them and let them cool. Peel off the black outer skin, open them and clean out the seeds. Place in a bowl or jar with enough olive oil to cover and stir in a generous amount of fresh diced garlic and let it set overnight. Delicious!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Chunky bacon with tiny Brussels sprouts. Really chunky home made bacon and lots of it is best. Slice the sprouts in half. Generously add ground pepper and enough olive oil to coat it all well. Cook in a basket over a lot of heat until the sprouts start to char. I would have bet money sprouts couldn't taste this good.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Going to try grilling some cabbage either this evening or tomorrow. A friend recommended it and it sounded really good and quick and easy to make too so I thought I'd give it a go. Head of cabbage sliced into wedges, salt, lemon pepper (and/or pretty much any other seasonings you like), add some butter on each wedge, wrap each up in heavy duty foil or a couple of layers regular foil, grill for around 30 (+/-) minutes at med to med high heat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2

Going to try grilling some cabbage either this evening or tomorrow. A friend recommended it and it sounded really good and quick and easy to make too so I thought I'd give it a go. Head of cabbage sliced into wedges, salt, lemon pepper (and/or pretty much any other seasonings you like), add some butter on each wedge, wrap each up in heavy duty foil or a couple of layers regular foil, grill for around 30 (+/-) minutes at med to med high heat.

Make it like that all the time except I use Lawry's instead of table salt. You won't be disappointed.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All my vegetables fall though the grill except for the potatoes. That just leaves meat, potatoes and rolls. Man food.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Squash and Zucini, cut lengthwise, asparagus, bell peppers, a little olive oil, salt, pepper
grilled a few minutes in a grill basket.
Good eats

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Stick thin bamboo or metal skewers through your onion slices to keep them from coming apart. Wire baskets are great, also.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (160user, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 74 invisible), 3,392 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,635
Posts18,533,282
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.