-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nashville got screwed, bad calls just don't happen against certain teams it seems.........

Gerry.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats Pens !,,,Congrats to Sid for MVP

Pittsburgh City of Champions

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Back to back champions!!!! Go Pens!!!!! Fun watching our boys hoist the cup!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. Never gets old.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Poor sportsmanship is unattractive, fans booing the Champions is classless...they're no hockey town, and no hockey history or they'd know better,

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Poor sportsmanship is unattractive, fans booing the Champions is classless...they're no hockey town, and no hockey history or they'd know better,

Their team was royally screwed, they should be booing............

Gerry.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pittsburgh the teams they love to hate, and we love it....

Screw this:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by battue; 06/11/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by gerry35
Originally Posted by Bwana_1

The refs made the calls, not the Pens. Respect for the winning team would be classy.

No matter....wait till you see the reception they get when they arrive in Pittsburgh.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Case in point: Small children are taught sportsmanship young in life...play hard,,,win with class, lose with class. Pittsburgh's lost more Championships in many sports than you, and we don't boo the winners.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My point is breaks like the disallowed goal always happen to teams like Pittsburgh and never to the Nashville's of the league.

Gerry.
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My point is breaks like the disallowed goal always happen to teams like Pittsburgh and never to the Nashville's of the league.

No question, that was a BAD break for Nashville. With hockey, there are sooooo many opportunities to score and to save goals. Both teams worked hard, played hard, made good plays and bad plays alike. The series was not won or lost on that call.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I understand you're disappointed, but the ref blew the whistle...puck dead, that's not ripped off,,,that's the rules, nobody cheated. They reviewed the play, on home town ice...dead puck.

Back to back Cups isn't luck, one of the best final games in recent history.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 06/11/17.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nashville went 0 for 4 on power plays. One of which was 5 on 3 for 30seconds or so. I guess all the calls were going for the Pens when that happens.

Last edited by battue; 06/11/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Christ what a buzz kill.

Pens ! Pens ! Pens !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by battue
Nashville went 0 for 4 on power plays. One of which was 5 on 3 for 30seconds or so. I guess all the calls were going for the Pens when that happens.

It's just not fair sometimes smile

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
GO PENS GO

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep bunch whiners saying Pittsburgh caught a break on that goal.. Nashville was handed a gold nugget on a 5 on 3 then rinne interfered and no call.. yeah Pittsburgh stole that game.. Go Penguins! Do they have what it takes to win 3 in a row??

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And the Pens had zero power plays the entire game.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not a hockey fan, but I am a sorts fan. We get our local TV out of Nashville, so I've had to hear all about the Predators for the past 6 weeks or so. I have never sat down and watched a hockey game from start to finish, but over the years I've watched enough to gain a halfway understanding of what the game is about. One of the reasons I've never really cared for hockey is because of the violence, as I see no point in some of the hits they give each other, as some of it has nothing to do with the game. But, having said that, today's hockey is pale in comparison with the way it once was, as far as the dirty hits go. Nashville had their chances last night, and probably should have won, but it just wasn't meant to be. I think it all boiled down to who was the been there-done that team, and it wasn't the Predators.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, congrats Pens fans.

I didn't get to see the game, thanks for the semi-recap folks. Recalled goals, 5 on 3's, one goal total only before the goalie was pulled, "poor" or questionable calls, ............ seems I missed a decent one, regardless of outcome.

Now, time for fishing, reloading, retirement stuff............................ then the Sharks start up again and Pitt better watch out!

Saw mention of Cindy scoring more if he passed less...........ha, he's a piker compared to Jumbo Joe Thornton. Those kind of guys are a hoot, no? If they can pass through one defenders skates, then under/over the stick of another defender, to the tape of their teammate on the other side of the crease, don't you think they could put it in that 5 hole or over a shoulder once in a while? At least try and hope for a rebound?

Again,
Congrats to your team Pittsburgh.

Geno

PS Yes "Cindy".................... he has a reputation from the old days ........................... and he's not holding up to it as well the last few years. I actually enjoy watching him most games now. But boy, when he broke into the league, more soft calls going his way than Gretzky even.

PPS (and nicknames tend to stick).

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

225 members (260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 2500HD, 40 invisible), 2,171 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,607
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.