-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
laugh Last time I rode the Dragon I came upon a group of young riders at a sharp curve, standing next to their parked crotchies and waving at us, warning about a crash.. One of their TT-wannabe brothers 'carved his way' right into a ditch..

Major design flaw I see in sportbikes is ya can't fit a woman on the back. I dunno about you guys, but what is the point of a motorcycle that can't fit a woman on the back?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
laugh Last time I rode the Dragon I came upon a group of young riders at a sharp curve, standing next to their parked crotchies and waving at us, warning about a crash.. One of their TT-wannabe brothers 'carved his way' right into a ditch..

Major design flaw I see in sportbikes is ya can't fit a woman on the back. I dunno about you guys, but what is the point of a motorcycle that can't fit a woman on the back?
Got THAT right.... And hot babes love HDs... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Exactly. It's like blaming the Boomers for not buying bikes 30yrs earlier.

H-D enjoyed a huge upswing in sales because the Boomers finally retired, and had the money and time to go play. It'll happen again with the next generation assuming JellO's party doesn't fuqk things so badly that Boomer-type retirements aren't possible in the future

If I drove home a new red Corvette it wouldn't be because of my mid-life crisis, it'd be because it took until mid-life to afford the damn thing.

Yep.

And don't be surprised if all these Challenger SRT type sales start dropping off too.

Boomers are dropping left and right. Sales will too.

I also expect to see a whole lot of nice used guns for sale in the next decade as well. All those Gen X'ers that don't know WTF they are. Cha-ching!

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Harley riders have made comments about my Thruxton, Ducati, Moto Guzzis, etc.

A couple years ago on the new California Moto, I was on 53 in Northern , Wi. on my way to Aerostich in Duluth. Came up on 3 Harleys headed north also . I slid around them going about 70. The Harleys kept twisting .... I kept twisting . 53 is a nice new 4 lane . Clear day ...open road...I got a little Carried away ( stupid). I parked in the back of Aerostich and went in. About a day later the Harley riders showed up.

One of them asked me " what are you riding Grampa"?

I said the Guzzi that I passed you on is parked out back.....can I buy you guys lunch?

We all headed for the tall stool.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL! The Truth will not stay silent! smile

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by cisco1

A couple years ago on the new California Moto, I was on 53 in Northern , Wi. on my way to Aerostich in Duluth. Came up on 3 Harleys headed north also . I slid around them going about 70. The Harleys kept twisting .... I kept twisting . 53 is a nice new 4 lane . Clear day ...open road...I got a little Carried away ( stupid). I parked in the back of Aerostich and went in. About a day later the Harley riders showed up.

I said the Guzzi that I passed you on is parked out back.....can I buy you guys lunch?

Aerostitch has "Guzzi" written all over it... laugh

You got lucky on 53.. There's 3 state boys that cruise that stretch daily.. They see you being 'carried away' they'll be carryin' YOU away in the back seat - headin' for the WI S.P. headquarters in Spooner.. Next time I go by that headquarters I'll take a gander over there and see if there's a Guzzi hangin' from a tow-truck's boom..

If so, I'll stop in with condolences, then buy ya a brewski when you make bail.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
May catch you.........can't catch a Guzzi !!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah yeah," Aerostich has Guzzi written all over it "

You won't find any Pakistani leather or Chinky Boots or HD "T" shirts there.

Just rider products for performance Mosickles

I think I bought you lunch in duluth....

Attached Images
IMG_0437.jpg (46.55 KB, 22 downloads)
IMG_0438.jpg (55.19 KB, 15 downloads)
IMG_1734.jpg (57.85 KB, 14 downloads)
IMG_1735.jpg (40.64 KB, 14 downloads)
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Exactly. It's like blaming the Boomers for not buying bikes 30yrs earlier.

H-D enjoyed a huge upswing in sales because the Boomers finally retired, and had the money and time to go play. It'll happen again with the next generation assuming JellO's party doesn't fuqk things so badly that Boomer-type retirements aren't possible in the future

If I drove home a new red Corvette it wouldn't be because of my mid-life crisis, it'd be because it took until mid-life to afford the damn thing.

Yep.

And don't be surprised if all these Challenger SRT type sales start dropping off too.

Boomers are dropping left and right. Sales will too.

I also expect to see a whole lot of nice used guns for sale in the next decade as well. All those Gen X'ers that don't know WTF they are. Cha-ching!

Dave

slightly different topic but as a Gen-X'er, the last year - the boomers retiring has emptied out my office building. Lots of opportunities for the 40-early 50's people who still have at least a decade with the company.

I would assume that is happening all over the country now.

love to see it happen with guns.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Dave's comment on a Corvette has me wondering. The story is police hate Corvettes, red the worst, how about motorcycles? Does riding a cycle make you ripe for a ticket?

I never got a ticket on a bike that I actually earned - except once. That time, after talking bikes for a half hour with the trooper who clocked me at 119 (I was just slowing down), he wrote me a cheap ticket for 69mph (55 speed limit days, if you're old enough to know what that means).

Got pulled over and warned many times for doing wheelies and other more mundane speeding type things. But got tickets that were pure BS from a couple cops being an ass. One I'll never forget was the one I got for "basic rule" (exceeding safe speed for conditions) going slightly under the speed limit on an empty road in the rain. Barney was beside himself over how could I possibly keep the front wheel in contact with the pavement.

All in all, it's been a wash, or better. wink

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As for crotch rockets in the dirt - one can push too far with anything. Far too many unskilled riders trying to get away with relying on a hardware solution for a software problem.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

You see WAY more hot babes on the back of sport bikes/crotch rockets than you do HD's. lol

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

What is that bike in the attached pics?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by tzone

I'm not buying land around there. Anywhere I deer hunt I am but land for that price. And yes, it's a forest..

I wonder where it is you hunt that you can find land at that price/acre? For example - a 45A piece east of Minong, WI was listed at $140K (this was about 4-5 years ago).. I asked around at a few real estate places in NW WI and everything ran about $3K/A..

Around here (literally) land brings $4-7K/A - and that's arable bare land.. MN is that much cheaper?? In any case, if you can find 40A for $35K, you better buy up all you can possibly afford, because you should be able to flip it in a year or two for double/triple the price... smile

Best wishes...

Here's a 40 with a cabin fo $50
Better than a HD

More

Stealing candy from a baby

None of those links work for me???

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You've obviously never trailed a lady on a motorcycle before. The first thing they ask is "Am I gonna fall off?".

No problem on my Harley. Big leather seat with a backrest bolted on.

Rage on, though.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

You see WAY more hot babes on the back of sport bikes/crotch rockets than you do HD's. lol

Where are you ridin? China? Hilarious.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Aerostitch has "Guzzi" written all over it... laugh

You got lucky on 53.. There's 3 state boys that cruise that stretch daily.. They see you being 'carried away' they'll be carryin' YOU away in the back seat - headin' for the WI S.P. headquarters in Spooner.. Next time I go by that headquarters I'll take a gander over there and see if there's a Guzzi hangin' from a tow-truck's boom..

If so, I'll stop in with condolences, then buy ya a brewski when you make bail.. laugh laugh

I used to love heading to Duluth from Wausau. I'd hit 53, and rock about 80 MPH all the way up to Hwy2. Hardly see a car. Having 3 Smokies patrol that would seriously slow my roll!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by JTman

I'm not buying land around there. Anywhere I deer hunt I am but land for that price. And yes, it's a forest..

I wonder where it is you hunt that you can find land at that price/acre? For example - a 45A piece east of Minong, WI was listed at $140K (this was about 4-5 years ago).. I asked around at a few real estate places in NW WI and everything ran about $3K/A..

Around here (literally) land brings $4-7K/A - and that's arable bare land.. MN is that much cheaper?? In any case, if you can find 40A for $35K, you better buy up all you can possibly afford, because you should be able to flip it in a year or two for double/triple the price... smile

Best wishes...

Here's a 40 with a cabin fo $50
Better than a HD

More

Stealing candy from a baby

None of those links work for me???

hmm. Me either. They may have taken them down...it was craigslist ads for land.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

hmm. Me either. They may have taken them down...it was craigslist ads for land.
Craigslist? Oh, bwahahahahahahaha... Oh, I know there's some legit stuff on that site, but for the most part it's a haven for every scam artist ever born...
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Beat me to it... But - in all fairness - some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen were in Hong Kong and/or Taiwan..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Guzzi's don't outrun radios and helicopters..

'Course not - Aerostitch stuff is first-class... But then you better have a "Platinum Card" to buy it... laugh And that "Pakistani" leather you ridicule is a bit harsh - since by far the vast majority of bike leathers today are NOT made in the good ole' USA but still end up being some very good wearable items.. My main Sturgis vest is nearly 30 years old and is barely 'broken in'..

Nah - Aerostitch stuff's for managers and/or CEOs that ride to work in a business suit and don't wanna get a bug on it.. Guzzi riders HATE to get dirty.. Hehehehee..

Doubtful... I let TT-wannabes fly on past for the state patrol to make a visit... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Pretty rare to see anything I would describe as "hot" on the back of a Harley. Now - I HAVE seen a few of them actually riding one on their own - but that's rare too. Tzone is right about this.

As for "fitting a woman on the back".....My definition of "hot" doesn't require that big seat with a backrest.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 18 invisible), 14,945 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,978
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.