Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Probably only temporary, Vortex is moving into a new facility in Barneveld, WI in 2018. Was told they plan to handle a large portion of assembly there.

Tim: This must be a new shipping warehouse, to handle those loads offloading from China.

I suspect very little assembly will happen the USA. China even makes all the boxes.

If Vortex keeps up this business plan, things will slide. Anybody can sell optics from China, just takes a suitcase
full of cash and an order blank.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll stick with Leupold.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Chinamen can make good stuff, they just need someone there to make sure they don't cut corners in the interest of screwing the guys they're contracted to.

I wouldn't want Leupold making my Peking Duck...

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The higher end Leupold's are as good as anything ever offered, I'm talking mark4,mark6 vx6 and up.

Fück Joe byron
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I would love to see the email, document, memo, etc from Vortex that all production of Vipers, Vipers PST, Razor, and Razor AMGs will now occur in China.

Even Athlon, the Chinese scope pimps, source their top tier optics from LOW in Japan.....I seriously doubt the maker of the most used scope in the PRS world is going to do something so drastic with no warning. The very recent intro of the Filipino sourced PST Gen II and Diamondback Tacticals make this even less likely.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hope the rumor is not true but the killer warranty part of Vortex now is understood. American manufactures mind set is different. Most often American and for that matter most European manufacturers number one priority is quality. Only my opinion but competing against Chinese manufacturing I see first hand a much different priority and that is to have a zillion units of replacement crap on the shelf. Of course they have the ability to build quality but why when they can promptly send you another brand new package that may make you forget about your original investment.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
liliysdad,

Go to vortexoptics.com - hover over binoculars, click on Razor. On the next page select Razor HD 10x50 - then click on Q&A. I asked them last night where the Razor binoculars are made and today they responded. "We have moved production of the Razor HD binoculars to China."

That is their reply to my question.

Some of Leupold's binoculars are made in China (Acadia, Cascade, the new Tioga HD, etc.) and the new BX-4 Pro Guide HD is made in Japan - as were the now discontinued Mojave Pro Guide HD's. I believe only their rifle scopes are designed and assembled in Oregon. Perhaps some of their spotting scopes may be assembled in Oregon as well, I am not certain there.

gundog.

Last edited by gundog; 08/04/17. Reason: corrected spelling
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
OK..thats one model in one model line...I still fail to see where anyone or anything had indicated that the flagship Razor, Razor AMG and PST Gen II scopes have changed in any way.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Where's SWFA made?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Japan

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Draftmule
. American manufactures mind set is different. nt.

Not sure if this arguement holds. Many of these companies are headquartered in US,but get their labor from other countries. So there mindset is American, for what that is worth. They talk about being designed here. I believe they are headquarted near Madison WI.

I had to laugh once, I believe it was Carhartt, a belt, said designed in America. It was Fing leather belt. Nothing to it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Are some gooks better than others? Quality of work the same? Curious...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
leupold is made overseas too

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by ragsflh

Rifle scopes - no, they're made in Oregon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Yondering

Assembled in OR, made all around the globe.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Strange, Vortex is now the largest Sports Optics company in the World... They built a new factory just to build scopes... but now everything is going to be made in China?

Tough being on top, everyone else is willing to make up false news about you...

Why do so many of you hate on winners? Oh, yeah, I probably already know...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Yondering

Assembled in OR, made all around the globe.

Exactly! That's why they no longer put "Made In America" on the packaging.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have a question for the China haters........have any of you actually been there and seen the factories, met the people and worked with them regarding quality? Now don't get me wrong, I love the USA work force, and the quality that we word capable of, but It is quite possible to get very high quality products from a number of countries. It is also possible to get very poor quality from the USA and every other country in the world. Responsipal world wide companies will only purchase from non sweatshop types of factories.
How many on the fire use and or owne a I Phone.......pretty good quality.....China built. Lots of other examples are out there. As consumers we expect many items at reasonable prices, and when manufactures standard cost products, the labor component is always one of the highest cost line items regardless of where it is built. I'm am not a China lover, but they are capable of producing very high quality at lower standard cost. The average worker in a decent Chinese factory makes somewhere in the range of 500-700 per MONTH in compensation.
Don't misunderstand me on this..... I believe in general that the USA is very capable of producing tremendous quality, and that USA workers are some of the best availible. Manufactires that are based in the USA are faced with a ton of hoops to crawl through and added costs verses many other locations. It is not just about wanting to make more profit.....that certainly is one aspect. As many understand we have legestrated higher costs. And we all purchase many items daily that come from non USA sources. Think back a few years..... I can remember when Made in Japan had the same negative perception as made in China does for dome. Just my 2 cents worth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WHY?

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Everyone in the optics game these days gets parts from all over the world even IF they are assembled here in the USA. I'm not a Vortex guy but I know they build SOME good stuff, these days most of the good optics come from Japan and Europe. I hear guys all the time say Leupold this and Leupold that, I have sent more of our good ole American scopes back for issues than any other and I have broke several. China can and does build SOME good stuff, all of our good ole Leupolds have Chinese glass. It's all about what a company specs and making sure quality and standards are met.

Don't get me wrong, I'll not likely be buying a Vortex product unless it is an AMG or Razor spotter but their decision didn't put a nail in their coffin yet.
future quality and customer service will determine that.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 67 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,771
Posts18,476,868
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.