Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
In addition to announcing his Afganistan policy and acknowledging the sacrifice of those onborad the USS McCain, he will certainly close will words about alt right and antifa. Will he be able to separate himself from the white supremisists and Nazis? The Dems need to keep Trump linked to those groups.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 08/21/17.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
From what I've read, a big part of his address will be about his plan to send more troops into Afghanistan.

Trump said this in 2013:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 21 Nov 2013
We have wasted an enormous amount of blood and treasure in Afghanistan. Their government has zero appreciation. Let's get out!

The people who voted for him because they were tired of America spending its blood and treasure on war in the Middle East won't be happy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Also,..Trump has praised the protestors who showed up in Boston on twitter.

I think Bannon is correct. The Trump Presidency is over. It's just going to be business as usual from here on out.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Also,..Trump has praised the protestors who showed up in Boston on twitter.

I think Bannon is correct. The Trump Presidency is over. It's just going to be business as usual from here on out.

I think you are correct. The trend of articles on Breitbart since Bannon is back at the helm see to agree as well.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The media sits around and works themselves into a frenzy because they can't control the narrative with President Trump. The hard working American people love him and the media can't stand it.

As far as the media, the democrats and the elitist, establishment, never trumper republicans are concerned, Trump will never do anything right. It doesn't matter what he says, the they will scream and cry and stamp their feet.

The hardworking American people are behind President Trump. He'll drag the republicans along to victories in 2018 and easily win re-election in 2020.

As far as Afghanistan. I agree with his statement in 2013 and his strategy now. Since he has inherited a mess, I'm confident it is a: "I didn't start it, but I'm going to finish it" strategy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The dimmies link all of us to those groups.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by weagle
The media sits around and works themselves into a frenzy because they can't control the narrative with President Trump. The hard working American people love him and the media can't stand it.

As far as the media, the democrats and the elitist, establishment, never trumper republicans are concerned, Trump will never do anything right. It doesn't matter what he says, the they will scream and cry and stamp their feet.

The hardworking American people are behind President Trump. He'll drag the republicans along to victories in 2018 and easily win re-election in 2020.

As far as Afghanistan. I agree with his statement in 2013 and his strategy now. Since he has inherited a mess, I'm confident it is a: "I didn't start it, but I'm going to finish it" strategy.

I sort of agree, but critical to that is winning big in the mid-terms which will be tough because it requires a bunch of RINOs to lose.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Afghanistan???? WTF??? Must be some ploy to get the Graham/McCain, "stick your nose in everything, get young Americans killed" support....

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I've watched enough of the videos on the Boston protests to conclude that the last thing those left wing nut jobs deserved was praise from the president.....

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We are screwed either way short of total war which will never happen. If we just up and leave Afghanistan it WILL become Terrorist Central and serve as the springboard for perennial terrorist activity world wide and of course here in the US and sooner or later they will succeed with a major strike. On the other hand if we stay and keep doing what we are doing, we are at best holding the line, so it's just a question as to whether we want to roll the dice.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I happen to love his image. Don't back down and MAGA!

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't think it will matter. No one in their right mind thinks that Trump is a "white supremist" and both those that whip up useful idiots with that kind of rhetoric as well as the idiots themselves are not going to change.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump is still much better than the alternative last November. He is trying, if the rest of the monkeys in Washington would put forth 1/2 the effort the President has, things would be moving. Instead they try to spin every word he says. Sad state indeed.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm tired of tolerance and talk.

My guess is that there will be lots of both in the upcoming address...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It won't change a thing, haters will keep hating and backers will keep backing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
we're damned if we do, and damned if we don't in regards to afghanistan. the age of good outcomes has come & gone. we're in the post-modern era now, and fighting the last war all over again. on the hand, the chinese will applaud our efforts in the stan, because it allows them to continue to mine precious & rare metals in relative peace.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
we're damned if we do, and damned if we don't in regards to afghanistan. the age of good outcomes has come & gone. we're in the post-modern era now, and fighting the last war all over again. on the hand, the chinese will applaud our efforts in the stan, because it allows them to continue to mine precious & rare metals in relative peace.

No, we're just damned if we don't.

As in we DON'T fight a war to win anymore.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It will not change the democrats.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any involvedment in Afghanistan now is in atttempt to keep the government stabilized. Thankless situation.

It's easly to say "just up and leave". If the government collapses, then we have to deal with another flood of refugees like Syria. Is that waht we want?

No win-win here.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (1eyedmule, 204guy, 10Glocks, 1234, 007FJ, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 16,981 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,188
Posts18,543,372
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.