Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Cool. Thanks guys, I'll have to give them a try. My son is being transferred to the base at Beaufort S.C. and we're looking forward to exploring more of the south.

Get Virginia peanuts.....those S.C. and GA peanuts are well, puny.

Spend your money on RED state peanuts. Florida is my preference, but GA works too.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cool. Thanks guys, I'll have to give them a try. My son is being transferred to the base at Beaufort S.C. and we're looking forward to exploring more of the south.

Spend your money on RED state peanuts. Florida is my preference, but GA works too.

More proof you aren't a TRUE southerner......

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Half of these guys put beans in their white dirt. Cole slaw - beans.
Potato salad - needs more beans. Banana pudding - beans..of course.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Virginias are just one variety of peanuts grown in the south. Ain't got nuthin to do with location. We grow both Virginias and runners here in SC. My family has about 1200 acres of both planted. Virginias ARE better for boiling though. That's the big white peanuts. Runners are like boilin up popcorn shrimp. They're good, they just make you work a little harder to enjoy them.

Anyone spittin out a boilt peanut just ain't had them cooked right. Proper boilt peanuts ain't slimy. I cook mine in 50/50 cheap beer and water. SMALL ham bone in the pot, if I got one. Cook 2.5-3 hrs, turn off, and let sit in the salty water so they soak up the juice and salt.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by santeerangerman

Virginias are just one variety of peanuts grown in the south. Ain't got nuthin to do with location. We grow both Virginias and runners here in SC. My family has about 1200 acres of both planted. Virginias ARE better for boiling though. That's the big white peanuts. Runners are like boilin up popcorn shrimp. They're good, they just make you work a little harder to enjoy them.

Anyone spittin out a boilt peanut just ain't had them cooked right. Proper boilt peanuts ain't slimy. I cook mine in 50/50 cheap beer and water. SMALL ham bone in the pot, if I got one. Cook 2.5-3 hrs, turn off, and let sit in the salty water so they soak up the juice and salt.

This^^^^^^
And I repeat.... wink

FJB & FJT
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S

More proof you aren't a TRUE southerner......

More proof that you can't catch a joke.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Kaolin clay was originally the main ingredient in Kaopectate. I don't know about it being a culinary delight, it doesn't sound very appetizing sick, but there are well-documented medical reasons for consuming Kaolin.

WebMD

wiki kaolin

wiki kaopectate

Last edited by GratefulShooter; 09/05/17.

SAF / GOA / NRA Life Member - Endowment - Patron

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Take the chips in your lunch and smash them up a bit. Dump them into your pork and beans and eat with a fork.

Good stuff.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

"More proof that you can't catch a joke."

Nice try to spin....pour another.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of the gas stations here carry a local brand of cajun pickled quail eggs. They are well worth the $8 a jar.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by 280shooter
I plan to eat my way through the South before I die.

Louisiana is where it's really at. I defy anyone to live there and not put on 10 pounds.

A real Louisiana crawfish boil is on my bucket list.

Don't pass on good Boucherie if you get invited.

What is Boucherie? Never heard of it and google shows many different things.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Boucherie, it's a all day pig butchering and cooking (and drinking). you start early in the morning, like daybreak. kill the pig, Clean it, start cooking all of it, Boudin, Blood Boudin, Cracklins, Hog Head cheese, Pot Roasted Pig with gravy, Roasted Pig on the pit, pull pork etc... the whole pig gets cooked a bunch of different ways.

While all this is going on, there is Cajun French music playing, some people will dance. Everyone is drinking, the kids are playing.

it's a long day and you are tired at the end.

A Cajun Tradition!

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
Boucherie, it's a all day pig butchering and cooking (and drinking). you start early in the morning, like daybreak. kill the pig, Clean it, start cooking all of it, Boudin, Blood Boudin, Cracklins, Hog Head cheese, Pot Roasted Pig with gravy, Roasted Pig on the pit, pull pork etc... the whole pig gets cooked a bunch of different ways.

While all this is going on, there is Cajun French music playing, some people will dance. Everyone is drinking, the kids are playing.

A Cajun Tradition!

Awwww! Hey I've done this with a buddy's large German family from SW North Dakota. The only thing missing was the Cajun French music!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S

A Cajun Tradition!

Awwww! Hey I've done this with a buddy's large German family from SW North Dakota. The only thing missing was the Cajun French music!

And the Cajun food and the Cajun people. I've been around a bunch of Krauts, they have nothing on the Cajun boys for fun.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S

Nice try to be the prick in the thread. Go bang another sister.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Peanuts and beer. I like p-nuts parched best.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You still upset that you didn't know that 'Virginia peanuts' are a variety? LMFAO

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

You still upset that you didn't know that 'Virginia peanuts' are a variety? LMFAO

Phoucing hilarious. Steelhead must have really enjoyed fifth grade. He reverts to it every damn day.

Getting back to goobers, should they be boiled in a black pot or kettle?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

A Cajun Tradition!

You boiled a large German family. I knew you were crazy fugger. But not that crazy!

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Potted meat or Vienna sausages on square nabs with a 'tall' coca cola or a pepsi was what lunch was when you were barning tobacco. Grandaddy loved a 'short' coca cola with salted peanuts in it. Crackilng bread and corn meal dumplings cooked with cabbage, new taters and ham hocks were some of the best meals I can remember as a kid. lots and lots of great memories in this thread.........

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (257 mag, 7887mm08, 35, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 15 invisible), 1,565 guests, and 861 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,607
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.