Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh, and she likes guitars!!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Don't hate.
[Linked Image]

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Higbean
Don't hate.
[Linked Image]

No hatin here.... that Westinghouse is gorgeous!
Have a Slim with Westinghouse and polished pins that will be here next week your pic has me looking forward to it's arrival!

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I'm not a big knife connoisseur (<spell check on that one). I've used a cheap Frost skinner at camp for years and love it, but wanted something that would fit in my pack. The semi #1 I had him make me this summer is so fuggin awesome, it's probably gonna retire my Havalon.
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm not a big knife connoisseur (<spell check on that one). I've used a cheap Frost skinner at camp for years and love it, but wanted something that would fit in my pack. The semi #1 I had him make me this summer is so fuggin awesome, it's probably gonna retire my Havalon.
[Linked Image]

He's hoookked...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I'm only on the list a couple more times.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Those orange liners make the handle pop, I'm up to five and need to stop..........

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Five?

Jane, you ignorant slut..... smile

Last edited by Higbean; 10/22/17.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Trystan,

Posting those videos took some cojones as it opens you up to some serious public criticism (which is sorta well earned quite honestly), but I appreciate your candor.

Two shot groups are a huge cop out after all the accuracy claims you made, all the while pounding your own chest and accusing others of not having a clue.

Go shoot some 3 and 5 shot groups at 500 yards (wether you post them doesn't matter) and then take an honest look at what you've got, because it aint gonna be what you were claiming.

Higgins

E
E
Just love this site ------ keyboard warriors abound !

"Funny how tolerant we are of those who agree with us --------- and how we attack those who we don't ---------like the member from Georgia.

just sayin'"

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Don't hate.
[Linked Image]

Doe permit?? Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Trystan,

Posting those videos took some cojones as it opens you up to some serious public criticism (which is sorta well earned quite honestly), but I appreciate your candor.

Two shot groups are a huge cop out after all the accuracy claims you made, all the while pounding your own chest and accusing others of not having a clue.

Go shoot some 3 and 5 shot groups at 500 yards (wether you post them doesn't matter) and then take an honest look at what you've got, because it aint gonna be what you were claiming.

Higgins

Higgins,

I 've shot many 3 shot groups and some 5 shot groups at 500 yds. 3 shot groups make the grade 5 shot groups don't. Your half right which is about what I expected. Don't worry about calling me out, I'll go forth and make a video. While I'm at it since you are the grand schoolmaster why don't you make a video of your shelf rifle groups at 500 every day for 1 week. Or better yet use a custom rifle. Ya, that's my way of saying I think your full of schit. Thanks

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 10/23/17.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wow.... spend a couple days up on the mountain hunting elk with your wife.... and all this goes down?

I should hunt less and spend more time on here.... so as not to miss out on anymore jems.

Trystan.... thanks for sacking-up and doing what you said.

I don’t shoot too many 3-shot or 5-shoot groups anymore. I’ll occasionally shoot one to verify that all is still well.... I ain’t into who can shoot the smallest holes in a piece of paper anymore.... but I’ve done enough of it to know what’s what. I do shoot a lot of 1-shot groups.... hits is hits.... and misses is misses. Pretty sure that’s the point of all this “hunting rifle” talk.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Wow.... spend a couple days up on the mountain hunting elk with your wife.... and all this goes down?

I should hunt less and spend more time on here.... so as not to miss out on anymore jems.

I don’t shoot too many 3-shot or 5-shoot groups anymore. I’ll occasionally shoot one to verify that all is still well.... I ain’t into who can shoot the smallest holes in a piece of paper anymore.... but I’ve done enough of it to know what’s what. I do shoot a lot of 1-shot groups.... hits is hits.... and misses is misses. Pretty sure that’s the point of all this “hunting rifle” talk.

Dogshooter,

I hope you had a good hunt. Best of luck to you and your wife this hunting season.

PS: If I'd learn to shoot 1 shot groups my group would tighten up considerably ☺

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Good stuff, and I agree.

Hey Dog....I thought that was going to be YOUR tag??????

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We’d both have tags.... but she’s the elk hunter.... I much prefer hunting deer and coyotes. I’m really looking forward to my mid-November Mule Deer tag.

I’ll tell you this.... my wife is a bad ass. She put on 20 miles, slept on the tent for three nights in 25-40 mph winds and temps from 20-50. She hunted as hard as any man I’ve ever shared the field with, and smiled the entire time... just like always.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Cool deal. Lucky man. Good luck on the muley hunt.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Grand Schoolmaster?

What claim have I made that makes me full of schidt?

I thought videos were nothing but lies and bullschidt, but now you want me to make you one?

Go kick rocks you inept, lying, unteachable fool.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Trystan
While I'm at it since you are the grand schoolmaster why don't you make a video of your shelf rifle groups at 500 every day for 1 week. Or better yet use a custom rifle. Ya, that's my way of saying I think your full of schit. Thanks

Trystan,

I don't recall Hig making any claims at 500 yards, with any rifle. You're the one claiming 1" groups at 500 yards, with a factory T3 hunting rifle. That would be world class shooting, if such a class existed.

Since you showed 2-shot groups, it's not easy to judge the accuracy/precision of your system (rifle, load, scope, shooter). However, if we look at what you did show, in composite, then it tells us that your actual accuracy/precision is not inline with your 1" at 500 yard claims. I know that you did some scope tweaks along the way, but still, you're not fooling anyone who actually shoots at these distances.

I'd quit, while these dudes are still being nice and polite to you. Reread the posts. These guys are cutting you a ton of slack. Probably more than you deserve. I figured that they had the bail open, were letting you run with the line, and were going to set the hook deep. Actually, they didn't. They were pretty gentle with you.

Hig, Dog, Greg, Smoke... all those dudes know what they are doing. A simple change in attitude, and you'd probably gain some knowledge and advice from people that would be willing to share.

Jason

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I found a blast from the past....

Here’s a “3-Shot Group” of “1-Shot Groups”... fired by our very own... the one and only... Tanner.

Damn fine field shooting... and he’s only gotten better.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,660
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.