Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Trystan
While I'm at it since you are the grand schoolmaster why don't you make a video of your shelf rifle groups at 500 every day for 1 week. Or better yet use a custom rifle. Ya, that's my way of saying I think your full of schit. Thanks

Trystan,

I don't recall Hig making any claims at 500 yards, with any rifle. You're the one claiming 1" groups at 500 yards, with a factory T3 hunting rifle. That would be world class shooting, if such a class existed.

Since you showed 2-shot groups, it's not easy to judge the accuracy/precision of your system (rifle, load, scope, shooter). However, if we look at what you did show, in composite, then it tells us that your actual accuracy/precision is not inline with your 1" at 500 yard claims. I know that you did some scope tweaks along the way, but still, you're not fooling anyone who actually shoots at these distances.

I'd quit, while these dudes are still being nice and polite to you. Reread the posts. These guys are cutting you a ton of slack. Probably more than you deserve. I figured that they had the bail open, were letting you run with the line, and were going to set the hook deep. Actually, they didn't. They were pretty gentle with you.

Hig, Dog, Greg, Smoke... all those dudes know what they are doing. A simple change in attitude, and you'd probably gain some knowledge and advice from people that would be willing to share.

Jason

I have much respect for Dog, Greg, and Smoke! You, your a fuuckking liar! I never claimed 1" groups not ever! I said groups under 2" are common in my world and they are! When someone tells me something isn't possible and it is that tells me I cannot learn a fuuckking thing from you because you don't know what the fugg your talking about. Right? Why don't you and ole hig take me up on the offer to go shooting so we can all see how much you stupid fuuckkers are going to teach ME!

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Is a “Pair”.... a “Group”?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

It is in Savage 99's world...

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

If you want to see the so called "IMPOSSIBLE" 3 shot "GROUP" then let school begin...........video coming soon

The offer for an in person demonstration still stands

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Funny thing is.... none of us give a crap what kind of groups you actually shoot... or that anyone shoots for that matter.

But since we’re calling well respected members like Jason a “F’n liar”... let’s set the record straight. You said your factory Tikka, with a 6x SS, shot “too many two inch (or sub-1/2MOA... I can’t recall exactly) groups to count”. I, along with others simply requested to see that... and called a little BS. You offered to oblige... even calling yourself a schmuck if you didn’t.

Now videos are Fake News... There’s a Kumbiya circle jerk planned... oh, wait, I hate you guys again.... here’s a video... WTF man? This isn’t 24Hour-90210. How bout you, Dillon, and Donna go shoot some 2-Shot Groups then hit the Peach Pit for lunch?

Watch the video above... that wasn’t shooting groups... that was hitting stuff with a rifle in rough conditions... at various ranges. Which is what it’s ALL about. None of those shots impacted further than about 3” in any direction from center... at 400, 500, and 600 yards... I’d call that sub-MOA easily...

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Funny thing is.... none of us give a crap what kind of groups you actually shoot... or that anyone shoots for that matter.

But since we’re calling well respected members like Jason a “F’n liar”... let’s set the record straight. You said your factory Tikka, with a 6x SS, shot “too many two inch (or sub-1/2MOA... I can’t recall exactly) groups to count”. I, along with others simply requested to see that... and called a little BS. You offered to oblige... even calling yourself a schmuck if you didn’t.

Now videos are Fake News... There’s a Kumbiya circle jerk planned... oh, wait, I hate you guys again.... here’s a video... WTF man? This isn’t 24Hour-90210. How bout you, Dillon, and Donna go shoot some 2-Shot Groups then hit the Peach Pit for lunch?

Watch the video above... that wasn’t shooting groups... that was hitting stuff with a rifle in rough conditions... at various ranges. Which is what it’s ALL about. None of those shots impacted further than about 3” in any direction from center... at 400, 500, and 600 yards... I’d call that sub-MOA easily...

Look man,

Jason said I claimed 1" groups! That's a f'n lie

Have a good night

Trystan

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I found a blast from the past....

Here’s a “3-Shot Group” of “1-Shot Groups”... fired by our very own... the one and only... Tanner.

Damn fine field shooting... and he’s only gotten better.

nice.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You may think shooting 2-Shot groups at 500 is a new thing.... hell, you might have thought your 2” group was pretty solid shooting... even though the point of impact wasn’t centered up.

Here you go man.... another blast from the past... an actual 2”, 2-Shot group, at 500 yards, on video. Also, please note the point of impact... that’s a 1 MOA target that he hit... twice. Again... damn fine field shooting.

PS.... those were the first two shots of the day.... under real conditions... shot by my then 13 year old son Ben. You can hear/see... he needs little instruction.

No one said your claim of a 2” group at 500 was preposterous... the BS flag went up when you so flippantly stated that it happened “too often to count”... with a set-up that everyone here knows simply isn’t capable of that kind of accuracy.... with that kind of consistency. You puffed out you chest in response... you were simply branded a Poser by those in the know... and we all moved on, with an admitted occasional trolling by a couple of us. Hey, you deserved it... you self-professed “Schmuck”.

Should we end this now.... or should I let my kids and wife and friends continue to show you what real field shooting at 500 yards looks like?

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J

If you want to see the so called "IMPOSSIBLE" 3 shot "GROUP" then let school begin...........video coming soon

The offer for an in person demonstration still stands

Trystan

You are the gift that just keeps on giving.....

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Damn fine shooting from both your boys there Dog.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
PS.... Trystan.... that man you called a “f’n liar” is a pretty bad ass dude with a rifle himself. He’s been there, done that, and has the pelts on the wall. Though he’s far to good a guy to toot his own horn. Jason has done some VERY thourough testing on rifle “systems”, on his own time/dime, and posted highly detailed descriptions of his endeavors. Some of the success you see in the videos posted above, is due to things learned directly from Jason’s posts. He is a great guy, and when he speaks here... most of us lend an attentive ear.... I’d encourage you to do the same.

Accidentally misquoting someone does not make him a “f’n liar”... it makes him mistaken. Again you should reread that post, disregard the misquoted portion... and dig into the meat and potatoes... it’s solid advice.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You may think shooting 2-Shot groups at 500 is a new thing.... hell, you might have thought your 2” group was pretty solid shooting... even though the point of impact wasn’t centered up.

Here you go man.... another blast from the past... an actual 2”, 2-Shot group, at 500 yards, on video. Also, please note the point of impact... that’s a 1 MOA target that he hit... twice. Again... damn fine field shooting.

PS.... those were the first two shots of the day.... under real conditions... shot by my then 13 year old son Ben. You can hear/see... he needs little instruction.

No one said your claim of a 2” group at 500 was preposterous... the BS flag went up when you so flippantly stated that it happened “too often to count”... with a set-up that everyone here knows simply isn’t capable of that kind of accuracy.... with that kind of consistency. You puffed out you chest in response... you were simply branded a Poser by those in the know... and we all moved on, with an admitted occasional trolling by a couple of us. Hey, you deserved it... you self-professed “Schmuck”.

Should we end this now.... or should I let my kids and wife and friends continue to show you what real field shooting at 500 yards looks like?

I made you eat Crow and your pissed! I already ended it when I shut your mouth by posting results that are supposedly impossible! There really is nothing left to discuss unless you feel the need to keep making excuses about being wrong. In the future if you don't like to be proven wrong "Think before you insert your foot"

Trystan

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I hear ya... it’s tough being outshot by Kids. I can sure relate... hell, it happens to me all the time.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
God I love this stuff.....

How old are you Trystan?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boys,

Lay off Trystan. He’s just a guy out there trying to shoot small groups, and like him, I’ve been extremely impressed with the accuracy of modern bolt rifles. He made a claim that he shoots sub-2” groups at 500 yards too often to count, and that’s really not all that hard to believe- after all, I’ve shot sub-1/2” groups at 500 yards too often to count. In fact, every time I shoot at 500 yards it’s a sub-1/2” group. Well, unless I’m shooting a .50 BMG, I guess. See my pic below for proof. Each of those “groups” is sub-1/2”.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just for conversation........................

The Trouble With 3 Shot Groups

Written around AR platforms but applies to all shooting at all ranges, even with a 6x scope.

MM

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Jordan....

I hear you too... I concur on the astounding accuracy of factory rifles... and as I said above, no one ever said his claim of 2” groups (or whatever) were preposterous. They just smelled a little fishy. Particularly when he had just shown up a little while before, asking about putting together a 600 yard rig... and was pretty humble.

It’s a jungle in here man... kinda like an Internet MMA Gym. Everyone has a little different background... but we’re all trying to accomplish the same goal, by modifying a standard set of skills and equipment to fit our personal strengths. As such, if you come in humble, and stay humble... you can learn a lot and progress fast. If you come in strong... or you get a little ahead of yourself... you better be prepared to defend yourself at all times. At least until you prove your mouth and your ass are in the same weight class. Been there more than once... waking up to a flashlight in your face sucks...

Calling 4th a “f’n liar” was over the line man... period.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jordan....

I hear you too... I concur on the astounding accuracy of factory rifles... and as I said above, no one ever said his claim of 2” groups (or whatever) were preposterous. They just smelled a little fishy. Particularly when he had just shown up a little while before, asking about putting together a 600 yard rig... and was pretty humble.

It’s a jungle in here man... kinda like an Internet MMA Gym. Everyone has a little different background... but we’re all trying to accomplish the same goal, by modifying a standard set of skills and equipment to fit our personal strengths. As such, if you come in humble, and stay humble... you can learn a lot and progress fast. If you come in strong... or you get a little ahead of yourself... you better be prepared to defend yourself at all times. At least until you prove your mouth and your ass are in the same weight class. Been there more than once... waking up to a flashlight in your face sucks...

Dog,

I guess I didn’t lay the sarcasm on thick enough... grin

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

If you come in humble, and stay humble... you can learn a lot and progress fast. If you come in strong... or you get a little ahead of yourself... you better be prepared to defend yourself at all times. At least until you prove your mouth and your ass are in the same weight class. Been there more than once... waking up to a flashlight in your face sucks...

I agree with you on all counts. First off calling 4th a f'n liar was uncalled for. He was mistaken and there is a difference. Other than that understanding which weight class a man is in is important I agree. I can usually tell where a man is by the quality of the information I receive. Is the info reliable or is it accurate. If it is that's when I make a decision to pay attention and learn. Its how you weed out the posers and from those you want to look to and learn more. The problem I see here is men who are at pay grade 3 but think there at pay grade 9. It accounts for all the inaccurate statements and misinformation and is only perpetuated by a group that is eager to pat each other on the back. If I mistakenly thought this is where the answers are I've been looking for, well, I'd likely never get past pay grade 3 would I

You boys aren't that good.

Good luck hunting this year

Trystan

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

If you come in humble, and stay humble... you can learn a lot and progress fast. If you come in strong... or you get a little ahead of yourself... you better be prepared to defend yourself at all times. At least until you prove your mouth and your ass are in the same weight class. Been there more than once... waking up to a flashlight in your face sucks...

..........It accounts for all the inaccurate statements and misinformation and is only perpetuated by a group that is eager to pat each other on the back........

First, I'm no expert and never claimed to be. If I've shot more sub-half MOA groups at 500 than I can remember it's a reflection on my memory, not my prowess.

Having said that, why don't you point out the inaccurate statements and misinformation that have been supplied by the guys on this thread.

Either that or just (once again) STFU.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,690
Posts18,475,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.