Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Trystan
I mistakenly thought this is where the answers are I've been looking for, well, I'd likely never get past pay grade 3 would I

Trystan

Smart folks look for answers with their eyes and ears... not their mouths. That’s first day Pay Grade 1 material right there...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have much respect for Dog, Greg, and Smoke! You, your a fuuckking liar! I never claimed 1" groups not ever! I said groups under 2" are common in my world and they are!

Your post, from 10/18/17, is below. I guess I should have known that "pushing the 1" mark hard", should have been interpreted as "under 2" are common". Sorry I missed that grin

This week out of three groups fired at the 500 yd line. one on Monday, one Tuesday, one Wednesday produced two groups in calm conditions pushing the 1" mark hard and one group just under 2 1/4" in 20+ mph wind. Ya, I know! Tell me again how its not possible with a fixed 6 SS on a stock tikka. That's not three groups out of a hundred. I shot THREE groups and that is it. Was I surprised how they performed in calm weather. No! Was I impressed with how well they bucked the wind yesterday. Ya! That one got my attention.

So, am I understanding you correctly, that you want to argue over 1" groups at 500 yards vs. 2" groups at 500 yards? With this T3? Either claim is tough to defend.

Are we still talking about 2-shot groups?!

I suggest that you look at your composite group, and see how your POI compares to POA. What you have shown so far doesn't look good, and doesn't make your case any more believable. In fact, it supports what several people have been trying to tell you.

Once you "know" the rifle/load/scope/shooter are sound, then shooting at various distances, as Dogshooter has tried to show you, is a great test.

Jason

Last edited by 4th_point; 10/24/17.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A 147 at 2780 drifts a little over 1” per MPH of wind at 500 yards (22” in a 20mph with the atmospherics here on the Milford).

That means to shoot even a 1/2 MOA group in the conditions you stated... you’d have to judge the wind within +/- 1 MPH (5% margin for error)...and have the wind be exactly the same on both shots... and the hold would have to be identical (with 6x glass). The statistical probability of all those things aligning... particularly “too many times to count” are astronomical, at best.

Even if it did happen that one time at long range camp.... what we have here is a good old fashion case of luck being represented as skill... happens all the time. The only one here that doesn’t know that... is you.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back on topic, now that seasons are underway is anyone rolling anything with the 147 ELD-M. My only M experience was with a 7mm 180 and wasn't a fan. Curious as I have a stack of the 147s.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Even if it did happen that one time at long range marching band camp....

WTF??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I keep checking on this thread to see if anymore real world results have been found about the 147 gr ELD-M , and I have discovered it has become yet another peter pulling contest. Why can't y'all get on Twitter or some crap for the middle school stuff????????

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 30338
Back on topic, now that seasons are underway is anyone rolling anything with the 147 ELD-M. My only M experience was with a 7mm 180 and wasn't a fan. Curious as I have a stack of the 147s.

Reports too on the 143 ELDX too..

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 30338

Kurt....I've had them in 7-8 other animals since the original post and they've all worked flawlessly. Haven't caught anymore, but they still seem harder to me than the X version on both game and steel. A member here from MT sent me pictures of a good bull elk taken with them out of a 6.5x47L, I didn't hear any complaints from him either. Maybe he'll chime in.....

I saw your elk results and I'm hoping that was a metal issue beings they were seconds. There are some 180s here waiting to run in a fast twist 7/08, but all I have been able to do is get some seating depths and load a pressure string. Hoping to get them in some stuff this winter.

Last edited by joshf303; 10/24/17.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Posting for smokepole...damn, makes me crack up every time!

Dave

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, thanks!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This thread is a rare gift.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rosco1
This thread is a rare gift.

It started out good then went way south.......... too bad

Golden............
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ya! Fellas with 40 years experience loading and shooting show up and try to add something to the thread and every dick pounding troll shows up and immediately has to challenge you. Then you finally get sick and tired of listening to em so you post a video doing what they likely have never done thinking the nasty little trolls will stop but no!!! Certain individuals have been doing this long before I showed up and will likely still be doing it long after I'm gone. And the funny part is there not even that good!

I no longer frequent the long range part of this forum.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
well, bye........

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22
well, bye........

Handed a few people there ass and put some big mouths in check ☺

Not a bad way to leave........LMFAO

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Trystan

Horeshit! You made claims to BS groups and when called out produced a video featuring 2 rounds, hardly a group at all.

Most of these guys would take your lunch money shooting for groups myself likely included. But [bleep] like yourself are easily weeded out by themselves as you so eloquently showed us all extolling your imaginary supremeacy of your tikka versus custom rifles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well, bye........

Phrases from that movie come to mind on a regular basis. There are just so many lines that fit real life situations, exactly like the one you quoted above grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MallardAddict

Trystan

Horeshit! You made claims to BS groups and when called out produced a video featuring 2 rounds, hardly a group at all.

Most of these guys would take your lunch money shooting for groups myself likely included. But [bleep] like yourself are easily weeded out by themselves as you so eloquently showed us all extolling your imaginary supremeacy of your tikka versus custom rifles.

de·lu·sion·al
dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/Submit
adjective
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
"hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.

wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well, bye........

Trystan

You're a riot! I'll do you one better- THREE whole shots, and barely over 1" at 600 yards...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
well, bye........

Trystan

You're a riot! I'll do you one better- THREE whole shots, and barely over 1" at 600 yards...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Jordan, do you sleep with that thing, to maintain a close relationship............ Nice shooting!

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 160user, 22250rem, 47 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,710
Posts18,475,395
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.