-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tom T recipe for grandmas old fashioned bean soup is in order.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Allen917
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Prepare to be disappointed.

Well we are prepared. We did all the spinal injections, hip injections, etc...leading up to the surgery, and none of them helped for more than an hour or two. I didn't like the surgeon who has since left town. There may not be a pain free day in her future, but the Lord will see us through it. He certainly has to date.

Allen, I certainly was not referring in any way to your wife's health issue, but I can see where it may have looked that way as it followed your post. My apologies if it seemed that way and caused you any concern. My thoughts and prayers go for her. My comment was to the idea of doing anything with a ham bone - everything that I have ever done has been a great disappointment.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll be happy to take those ham bones off your hands John. Just leave some ham on them.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was thinking the bean soup also,winter time favorite

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rong
I was thinking the bean soup also,winter time favorite

Exactly what I did today along with cornbread. It was good but of course it will be even better reheated!

Last edited by Pugs; 11/26/17.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Throw some chopped collards in the pot with the bones. An onion, salt, pepper, couple capfuls of vinegar. Make some cornbread. Mmmmmmmm.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Allen917
Prepare to be disappointed.

Well we are prepared. We did all the spinal injections, hip injections, etc...leading up to the surgery, and none of them helped for more than an hour or two. I didn't like the surgeon who has since left town. There may not be a pain free day in her future, but the Lord will see us through it. He certainly has to date.

Allen, I certainly was not referring in any way to your wife's health issue, but I can see where it may have looked that way as it followed your post. My apologies if it seemed that way and caused you any concern. My thoughts and prayers go for her. My comment was to the idea of doing anything with a ham bone - everything that I have ever done has been a great disappointment.

John, one thing is for sure, this ham bone did not disappoint! Per the wife's request, I cooked it with Butterbeans (Limas) for a great pot of ham and bean soup and made a skillet of cornbread. It was wonderful! I finished it off last night. Now the problems begin. The wife sent me to the couch about 3 am. Said I sounded like a popping johnny tractor. What's worse, I've got to get on an airplane to Pittsburgh in a couple of hours.. If you hear of a plane having to make an emergency landing or an airport being evacuated due to noxious odors today, you will know what happened. Sure hoping for another ham bone at Christmas! Bunch of great ideas listed above.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,095
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.