Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Allen917
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Prepare to be disappointed.

Well we are prepared. We did all the spinal injections, hip injections, etc...leading up to the surgery, and none of them helped for more than an hour or two. I didn't like the surgeon who has since left town. There may not be a pain free day in her future, but the Lord will see us through it. He certainly has to date.

Allen, I certainly was not referring in any way to your wife's health issue, but I can see where it may have looked that way as it followed your post. My apologies if it seemed that way and caused you any concern. My thoughts and prayers go for her. My comment was to the idea of doing anything with a ham bone - everything that I have ever done has been a great disappointment.

John, one thing is for sure, this ham bone did not disappoint! Per the wife's request, I cooked it with Butterbeans (Limas) for a great pot of ham and bean soup and made a skillet of cornbread. It was wonderful! I finished it off last night. Now the problems begin. The wife sent me to the couch about 3 am. Said I sounded like a popping johnny tractor. What's worse, I've got to get on an airplane to Pittsburgh in a couple of hours.. If you hear of a plane having to make an emergency landing or an airport being evacuated due to noxious odors today, you will know what happened. Sure hoping for another ham bone at Christmas! Bunch of great ideas listed above.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....